Your favorite Witcher moments - Contest

+
It's incredibly hard to pick one moment. I'm gonna go for one of many epic scenes IMO. When you leave Henselt's military camp after discovery of Blue stripes' fate Roche is going into a badass state. When you slaughter your way through the city, there's this moment when you get separated with Roche and he takes care of the enemies all by himself like it's nothing. That's a badass moment for me. One of many. I also like the moment when we decide to help him free Anais - Foltest's badstard daughter. The scenes are incredible and you have a feeling of a true bromance between Geralt and Roche.

Where is Triss Merigold?

A path littered with blood crusted soil and worn out stones from years past continue to guide him along his way. The skies above are saturated with clouds that seem anxious to rid themselves of the rain held within them, yet it is the streams of light pouring down onto his path that cut through the clouds, giving doubts to the idea of rain. Geralt of Rivia knows what he must do. Upon reaching the Nilfgaardian camp Geralt's eyes survey his environment. The encampment has not been kept in good form. Stone walls crumble out of utter embarrassment of whom they serve to protect and the remnants of old fortresses weep filth that licks at everything nearby. It isn't long before Geralt encounters an ambassador that has had one too many meals in his lifetime, along with a taste for senseless conversation. Eyeing the guard that will attempt project his excellence, the witcher prepares for what he must do - a silver tongue will not sway this one in revealing the location of the woman he seeks to find. A conversation begins. Geralt's witcher senses begin to enliven him, prepare him. The rush overwhelms him. A quick jab to the throat. An elbow that bends the knee inward. Steel slicing through ligaments and tendons of youthful flesh, giving way to a rush of blood spraying the already stained stone walls that surround them. The ambassador's sweat begins to patter against the sword Geralt has put to his neck. Perhaps there will be rain today after all.

Now in control, Geralt make use of the little time he has before other guards are altered of his presence. Guiding the plump hostage through the pathways of the camp and into an old hall lit with torches, Geralt knows what lies ahead will not be easy. A crossbowmen, no doubt a companion of the man Geralt committed to carnage minutes ago, joins their crippled walk leading them with his steel tip raised at the ready. Exiting the hall, Geralt is surrounded by more Black Ones who believe they can play the role of the hero for today. They are mistaken. Words cannot save the ambassador, for the price on Geralt's head is too much to resist an attempt at, for the irrational guards. Treachery ensues and soon his excellence is clutching his throat, falling to the stone beneath him, clammy hands slipping on the feathers of an arrow that has just been lodged into his neck. Gore leaks from the cracks in-between his fingers as they move like chubby garden worms trying to seal an unclose-able wound. Soon the creases of his tunic are tarnished with crimson - his death will not be the day's last.

The Black Ones stare into the cat-like eyes of the man standing before them. Many of them are arrogant, ignorant and unwilling to recognize the ability of the witcher. All except one - one guard cowers inside his helm but soon finds comfort by warming his legs with the urine that leaves his... Geralt moves too quickly for them. Steel rains on steel and soon our frightened guard falls to the ground with a fatal slash across his chest. Screams begin to pierce the air as Geralt combines masterful sword technique with magic that harbors no prisoners. As soon as it began, is had ended.

Continuing on his quest, no man is a capable match for the witcher. Many men stand before Geralt but several more fall. Even the self-proclaimed commander of this garrison falls much to quickly to give the witcher any sense of a challenge. Moving briskly through the camp, the witcher finds the dungeon to which the key he stole from the commander opens. The doors are heavy but they swing open nonetheless. The air inside of the prison leaves a taste of iron and bile on the tongue, but the witcher has tasted worse. His yellow eyes attune themselves to the darkness of the dungeon and soon he begins to see signs of struggle, torture, and deprivation, but the witcher has seen worse. Rounding a corridor, Geralt hears the whispers of Death urging him to lose hope, to give in, that he will fail. But Geralt does not answer to Death. Finally, the witcher arrives to an iron door colored darker than the soot from a dragon's flames. The stolen key fits inside the lock and the door cries out, almost as if in pain, as its aged, withered hinges force it to swing open. A single torch on the far wall of the room attempts to cast light in this decrepit place, but does little other than create a calming sound - the sound of fire eating away at life. Under the torch the witcher eyes two arms tied to the wall doing little more than holding a beaten figure upright. As he approaches, Geralt begins to recognize the rose colored hair, the crimson red lips, the delicate face with new cracks that have caused blood to smear all over. His quest's prize, the reward justifying all of the slaughter, the lover he believes will be his to hold for the rest of their days. Sensing the presence of someone, Triss Merigold painfully lifts her head in an attempt to make out who stands before her. After a moment, she realizes this man is not her torturer, not her executioner, and not Death himself. He is the witcher, Geralt of Rivia, and he has come to save her once again.

Although there's more to this mission and many more just as thrilling, it is by far my favorite! The entire sequence is masterfully paced with just the right amount of storying and combat mixed together. I thought it would be fun to describe my favorite moment as some type of a story sequence brought to life with detail. I hope you enjoyed reading this CD Projekt RED and many thanks for creating the best video game(s) out on the market! :D

My favorite moment related to these excellent games is when I can sit down to it and get sucked in by it. I enjoy every second of such moments :)

This might not be about the gameplay, but it's about the game itself. It brought me and my mum closer together. We're of Polish birth, but moved to Germany when me and my sis were 7 and 5 years old, in the 1980s.

My parents were pretty diligent in making us kids learn German, but never truly ignored Polish, as well. But in the coming years, both my sis and me drifted more towards English and German, and away from Polish.

We still had many things in common with our parents, mostly music and books and hobbies. So when the first Witcher game came out, I purchased it. And because my mum really likes dark fantasy, I managed to talk with some friends in Poland and got her the collected Polish Witcher novels as a birthday gift.

After she read them (and she did enjoy them), she'd often watch me play the game, and asked about the lore and how it integrated with the novels themselves.

Later, when Witcher2 came out, I got the Collector's Edition as a birthday present from her. But I had to promise her to make a whole play-through where she could also watch and experience some more Witcher lore. So... I did. :)

Now we're both awaiting Witcher 3, setting time aside for us both to play through it "together" again. :)

So, yes. My coolest "Witcher Moment" is the fact that it brought me and my mum closer together. Showing that even dark and mature videogames and literature are not /bad/ for being social and nice.

Ah yes.

The moment i 1st bought the collectors edition for the 1st Witcher, installed it and watched the intro...very loud volume...it made me tremble from excitement and got me extremely pumped up for more.

From the 1st game...there are multiple amazing moments but one that i remember is the moment the villagers were trying to burn Abigail on the stake... I opposed them...she was not without fault nor a saint...but she didn't deserve such a horrible death. The Furry i felt and anger about the whole situation made a great impact on me, i remember it clearly to this day.

Another great moment happened to me and my brother. The moment where the detective Raymond gets killed and replaced by Azar Javed...my brother failed to solve the mystery...and was certain Kalkstein was to blame...i watched him play that out without spoiling the outcome, as i played it myself earlier...solving the mystery correctly however. It was great to see how two different playthroughs can be so different and interesting.

The whole act where you escape Wyzima...and go to the farms...meet the lady of the lake, the elves...the fields... it was like walking within a fairy tale...beautiful.

From the Second Game...ah...this one has a lot of great moments... but from the lighthearted ones i have to point out the search for Odrin...the drunk soldier from the Henselt camp...It was so great, i laughed all the way through... and since im from Poland i had the fantastic polish dub. Simply awesome. I can even sing the song xD

From a more serious note... The Moment Roche kills Detmold... 1st cutting his testicles off... it was just so right and filled with justice i was at a loss for words.

also a shocking moment...when Loredos mother charged at me with a knife in hand...by so miracle i didnt fail the quick time event and took her down. Scared the Witcher out of me

I'm sorry for my english I'm from Ukraine . />
I'm a big fan of books and games The Witcher />
Essentially, I 'll never forget this game. This is the best of what I was playing />

But there were of course and very funny moments that are remembered .
In the first Witcher a long time I could get to Shani 's house because of the evil Grandma. And in the end I had to tell her that I ( Geralt ) can not have intimacy with Shani.
And I laughed for a long time when in the sounds I found wail " Allah Akbar , Allah Akbar" .
It was funny to dialogue with Dryad Morenn, when I chose the wrong phrase and she dissed me :rolleyes:/>/>
From a romantic and endearing moments, I can point the first night with Triss in Caer Morhen.
Moment with Shani and flowers when she talks about Geralt Taller. It was both cute and funny.
I was very sad when I had to kill the Master and his medallion, I realized that this is Alvin

Humor in the game at all time forced smile, I was not bored for a minute.

The second game I just go through (my old laptop running with a scratch /> )
But I can say that I was very amused with the booze soldiers Roche />
When I woke up only in shorts and could not find a brothel , I did not know that he was in the basement of a tavern and a half hours, I walked around the tavern and about in search of brothel />/>/> I have a good laugh over a lisp prostitutes />

So i figured I would make an account to share this.
I'm not quite sure what my favorite moment from the series is, so much of it has made a lasting impression especially as far as gaming is concerned.
I started playing The Witcher 2 after getting out of a bout with depression followed by terrible break up. And I'm extremely happy did, it gave me something to do between work and school, something that I enjoyed. I remembered thinking to myself that I've never played a game like this before. Something with a mature engrossing story, something that doesn't compromise on the story that tells and you create. The characters never seemed flat, they felt real and you could always see how their actions made sense for them. Few games or even movies can really say that, most rely on old tropes or cliches but the writing in the Witcher 2 was by far good enough to get me totally engrossed. So while I can't choose a favorite moment in the game I can say my favorite moment I have taken away from it was actually just playing it. Thanks for making awesome games.

First of all, thank you, CD Projekt, for making the Witcher games. So far no other RPG has risen to the same level. Now onto the contest stuff.

Witcher 1: The moment when I saw Zoltan getting harassed by the group of thugs, that was the moment when it dawned to me that the game was a bit more serious and dark than your average happy-go-lucky fantasy game, that was the moment that set the game apart from anything else I'd played before that.
The thing that I'll propably always remember is how to get all the cards...

Witcher 2: Iorveth, the entire storyarch following squirrels, lesbomancy, anything related to dwarves and the succubus quest. I enjoyed all of that so much that I found it difficult going through the Roche path.

Can't wait for my next holiday so that I can 100% both of these games again <3

I loved everything but if i have to specify, i would say that...just simply walking around in both games (without doing anything in particular) and enjoying the scenery while feasting my ears on the most spectacular music i have ever listened to in a game, i felt like i had tasted a slice of heaven.
At the end of both games i literally stood up from my chair and took a bow before the screen while the end game credits were rolling.

P.S.
I did not write this for the prizes, for me they would be just a bonus to remember The Witcher games and CD Project when i am old and surrounded by grandchildren; the real reason of writing this is to show you my gratitude for the epic work you've done so far and wish you immortality so that you can keep developing games and make other people feel what i felt during and at the end of playing them.
Cheers to you and sorry for expressing my gratitude so late.

There were a lot of funny, cool and heart-breaking moments in the games. But for me the most impressive part is the immersion. Where I become Geralt and live his story.
In Witcher 1, chapter IV (Lakeside), after all the events, it felt like vacation, a time to rest. When I stepped into the Field (playing in nvidia 3d), I realized how calming it is. That's one of my favorite parts, because that is where I felt the most immersed in the game.

I Like in the TW night with Striga. I remember I was running from it, so as not to kill and remove spell.)) In TW2 liked quest associated with a succubus. There was a difficult choice, to help and believe... But I succumbed to the temptation succubus and not a mistake, it was unforgettable
Just remember, when Geralt descended into the abandoned mines of gnomes and now coming to the monster. The dwarves you have smelled the stench, it was a monster. The dwarves began to joke over each other. Such as - What's that smell?! Is you wind let?! ...

My favourite moment is from The Witcher 2: sailing away with Roche and seeing Seherim on the beach with Moril's child, under the rain. That scene was sad and beautiful at the same time, a moment of consolation after the tension and the horror of the last mission in Flotsam. Being able to accept and love that child, innocent but born out of a monster, a terrible human responsible of Moril's death, and handed to him by Roche and his squad of elf-hunters no less, it's really a testament to the love of Seherim for Moril and his great "humanity". After all those sad and dreadful events in Flotsam, that scene really managed to cast a ray of hope on that shithole of a town.

The best moments for me was in Witcher 1, that when I first entered with Geralt to Wyzima sewers. Authentic dirty, cobwebs, fear, smell that I almost felt up in my room, ugly monsters. The next moment(If it is moment) is the most beautiful soundtrack, i am listening witcher ost on youtube if i need relax. That are the best moments for me and my memories of Witcher game. Thank you CD projekt.

My favourite scene is from Tomasz Gaginski's intro sequence for TW, when Gerald fights with the striga (Adda).
Gerald prepares himself, lures the striga with Ostrit and waits. The striga comes out of its coffin and the action begins. After a lot of fighting, climbing, fighting and some spellcasting the striga really get some damage but is still fighting. Some blood is flying through the screen while Gerald kicks its face. He unsheathes his (silver)sword and you recognize that he did not use any kind of lethal weapon against the striga (except the chain...). He is just playing with the striga. It looks up, sees the sword and is scared to hell when Gerald pretends to attack. This is sooo great. Gerald growls back at her swings his sword and the striga runs away. I like this scene because you see that even the striga is an ugly scary monster everyone would be scared of Gerald is superior in all aspects: He is faster, stronger, more tricky.
I also like the end when you see how Gerald sees Adda being a human again and... Well I do not want to spoil this. You have probably already seen this short movie from Tomasz Baginski (...or played the last chapter of TW), but if not you definately should do so. He knows how to make (short) films and his intro sequence for The Witcher is a masterpiece.

Also great moments in TW where:
1) when Gerald has to decide whether to bring Alvin to Triss or Shani. Remember: They will be very angry. That was not easy but the following one was really hard:
2) Vincent the Werewolf. You have the decision to kill him, because he is a monster or to save him, because he did not do anything wrong. In The Witcher Games you never know who to trust and what decsion will result in which ending. But do not worry, I did not kill him once.

And in TW2... The scene with Gerald and Dandelion where Dandelion says something like "I can't wait to see this monstrous beauty." or something like that. Anyway Dandelion is such a great character and I had always fun while Gerald was with him :D

I guess I have to refresh some of my memories before I go on witch TW3 next year - if you know what I mean ;)

First time i saw my friend playing the witcher i was amazed.
Beautifull graphics, new type of gameplay and sword fighting.I borrowed it from him and installed it on my PC. My PC back then had 512mb of RAM so i could play it but it had awfull framerate. I played it despite of the problem i had :D.
I passed the game 4 times (with 512mb of RAM), and i actually play it now(I have 2gb of RAM now yaaay).
My PC is too bad to even start TW2, and because in my country average PC costs about 500 Euros, i dont have enough money to buy a new PC, but i am happy when i play TW1.

I cant choose that 1 moment of TW1 because that game was a masterpiece. Music was masterpiece and it really fits the area you are in. Sword fighting is great, espetially the fighting styles (Strong, fast and group).
Story was legendary and i like that there is no good and evil in the story, just lesser evil so choise making differs from person to person based on their moral belifes.

I also read "The last wish" and i can say that its my fav fantasy book, and that TW is one of the best, if not the best RPG game of all times.
Keep up the good work CD project and i hope that soon i will be able to buy a decent PC and play TW2 :D

Although I am extremely nostalgic for The Witcher 1, but I think everyone can agree that The Witcher 2 was just so amazing, surpassing 1 in almost every way. I gave it a thought and because of this, I must say that my best experience with the Witcher was simply the end dialogue with Letho. The whole mood around it.. the music... that amazing dialogue itself. Really something to be remembered, just superb.

Also, Roche dropping the most awesome quotes ever.

My favorite Witcher moments:

* Memorable score throughout the series - I will keep on humming/whistling these tunes year after year
* At the very beginning in Witcher 2: seeing the birds flying in circles and "Ezio"/Scholar laying next to the haystack - after that I humbly hoped that more developers would have the courage to do such stunts
* My better half listening the in-game dialog and pointing out that playing Witcher might not be the best way of learning conversational Polish. Well...at least now I can order beer and describe monsters in fluent Polish :D/>

There are tons of other more story specific moments but these, I know for sure, will stick with me forever.

Well, not exactly within the Witcher world, but still quite accidentally related.

Just talked with a friend a week ago, how we are always out of time for playing games. He threw an example: the only games he managed to get through in recent years were TW and TW2. Well, all I've managed to finish in last 3 years was about first 2 hours of TW over 2 years ago. It was the last game I managed to find time to start, and since then had no time to get back, despite it being on top of my "what to do once I find time for games again" list.

Oh well, I still hope I will be able to get back to it one day. And whoever happens to read it: enjoy it while you can, you never know what will happen tomorrow or next week!

One tankard, two tankards, three tankards, four. If you're feeling badly woozy barf your guts upon the floor.

Five tankards, six tankards. You look like a ghoul! Don't fall 'neath the table, tar your arse to your stool.

Ten tankards onwards and your guts are like a stone. Can't even see your prick, it's time to head for home!

The Cock calls at dawn's light - Damn he's bloody loud. Suit up, fall in, attack and get well ploughed.

Top Bottom