Iconic items in inventory stop showing hover popup once upgraded in crafting randomly.

+
Iconic items in the inventory backpack once upgraded in the crafting system will sometimes stop showing their hover-over popup in the inventory making it impossible to see what the item actually is, unless you wear or arm it, and then press the ALT key to see it on the radial menu popup, but you can't compare that item with other items unless you are in the inventory where it does not show up at all. This seems to occur on iconic weapons/clothing that have been upgraded in the crafting system, but not on freshly acquired iconic items. Something about upgrading iconics causes the game to stop displaying their popups. Sometimes before this happens there will be high speed flickering of the popup on an item, and if you move the mouse away to stop the flickering and move it back the popup will never ever come back throughout the rest of the playthrough. Saving and reloading the game, restarting the game, etc. will not fix the issue.

It may or may not be related but this happens on a 2560x1600 and 1920x1200 16:10 aspect ratio displays. I've also tried configuring the game to 16:9 resolutions of 2560x1440 and 1920x1080 with the same results however so the aspect ratio difference may not matter. I wanted to indicate that though in case it is somehow relevant.

It's because the description is "too tall/big" for the screen (the resolution doesn't change the issue I think, hence the IU is scalled).
Sometimes it's just enough and the description exceed a little in the menu, but when it's too much, the description stop to be displayed. Mainly with legendary items which have a "long" texte at the bottom of their description.
And if I remember, if you have one of this item equiped, the comparaison is not displayed too. So you're unable to see other descriptions (just disabling the comparaison fix it, at least for the other items.

(sometimes, just removing some mods, like silencer are enough to shortening the description and make it appear again).
It's like that since release.

Here, it's just enough. Few more lines on the bottom (like Archangel) and the description (and comparaison) would disappear.

As always, if it's not already done in 1.6, best way to hope for a fix :

Last edited:
It's because the description is "too tall/big" for the screen (the resolution doesn't change the issue I think, hence the IU is scalled).
Sometimes it's just enough and the description exceed a little in the menu, but when it's too much, the description stop to be displayed. Mainly with legendary items which have a "long" texte at the bottom of their description.
And if I remember, if you have one of this item equiped, the comparaison is not displayed too. So you're unable to see other descriptions (just disabling the comparaison fix it, at least for the other items.

(sometimes, just removing some mods, like silencer are enough to shortening the description and make it appear again).
It's like that since release.

Here, it's just enough. Few more lines on the bottom (like Archangel) and the description (and comparaison) would disappear.

As always, if it's not already done in 1.6, best way to hope for a fix :

It's definitely a sizing and positioning issue I agree, however in my case it is most often just a positioning issue as there is plenty of room at the bottom of the screen where it is choosing to scroll it off screen and leave a gap at the bottom unused where it could have displayed it though:
1667750104439.png

I'll try reporting it to CDPR via your link, thanks!

I'll try reporting it to CDPR via your link, thanks!
Yep ;)
On a side note, I'm quite sure that it you install a silencer on this Fenhir, the description will disappear (I think there is a kind of "max size" that the game can't display and which completely buggout the description and comparaison).

Top Bottom