Suggestion: BD Respawns After Player Death

+
I think a neat & immersive way for the player to be respawned after death would be to have them reappear at the nearest player couch or Ripperdoc’s chair as though exiting a Brain Dance session.

(That is, as long as it’s a death experienced in a non-quest-related way. It should still be game over if the player dies in quest related areas where respawning in a chair wouldn’t make much sense.)

V could even make comments based on how the player had died. Like how hot the fire felt if thermal damage had killed them. Or how it felt like they were really falling if it was fall damage that did them in.

(Kind of reminds me how the protagonist would respawn at the hospital in another game.)

Anyway, hope to see this implemented in the sequel, at least.

Thoughts on BD respawns?

Edit: Perhaps a Trauma Team insurance plan would make more sense. I know there is a player made mod on PC dealing with this… but console players are out in the cold. Hopefully the player mods that have improved the game for others will inspire official versions of the improvements so all players may benefit.
Post automatically merged:

On second thought:

BD respawns should be for quest related areas. Allowing you to respawn and investigate what went wrong or what you could do differently… as though it were someone else that had died.

Meanwhile, Trauma Team Insurances could be the form of player respawns on the open map.

Perhaps in future content or sequels, players could even upload their best BD deaths, kills, experiences for other players to investigate and enjoy.

Last edited:
I feel like that would break the immersion a bit, watching yourself die...except you're not really dead. Maybe if they eventually add a multi-player function in future games then yes. I think that would be great because you could share that BD or other players can view it to determine where the enemy was or what kind of weapon killed you or something like that. Not for single player though

I feel like that would break the immersion a bit, watching yourself die...except you're not really dead. Maybe if they eventually add a multi-player function in future games then yes. I think that would be great because you could share that BD or other players can view it to determine where the enemy was or what kind of weapon killed you or something like that. Not for single player though
Well, I was thinking maybe they could swap out your character with a randomized one in a different outfit so it appears like it’s someone else’s BD death. That could solve that particular issue, maybe.

Top Bottom