soso 1.61, a complete f...up by CDPR

+
1.61 introduced more bugs into "my" game then there were at release date
but whats even worse... yesterday steam forced me to patch the game, it were just few bytes, since then there is no eye makeup #06
even though cheep makeup is OFF, it, since yesterday, shows cheeks #05
the face of my V is in mirrors and photo mode completely different to what is is during appearance change
not one retexture mod is working
and so I uninstalled the game and deleted all files and installed new and ... same problems... its just the game
no idea what the hell is going on, but know what, screw this

If you are using mods, unfortunately, there's always a risk that updates cause problems.

Also see this information:

You can also send a ticket to CDPR support here:

and so I uninstalled the game and deleted all files and installed new and ... same problems... its just the game

1) uninstalled game
2) deleted any files and and directories related to cp77
3) restarted pc
4) installed game (not from a backup, fresh download)
5) started new character
6) eyemakeup #6 EMPTY
NewInstalledGame_NoMods_NewChar.png

Last edited:
did you use save game that's having mods features .., or start a new fresh game and steel get those issues ..?
Cloud save is enable or not on steam ..?

aye thats what I meant... after the reinstallation I started a fresh new game (deleted everything that was there before), as you see in the screenshot, eye makeup #06 is just not existant (I gues transparent).
problems continue into the game... the char looks totaly different in photomode then in creator, and even in a mirror

I know you said all game files and directories but I've stopped counting the number of times people have said that and not actually gone through a real clean install as described here.

I've been recommending doing that with every patch since... ugh, 1.1. It's just best practice with mods.

I'm not saying that you're lying or anything like that. My point is that your issue definitely looks mod related.

With a clean install and a new save you really shouldn't be seeing that issue. If it truly was a problem with the patch itself, there would be far more reports of this specific issue all around the web.

yes I should not and yet I am...
  1. Make sure to backup your save files. (saves are located here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\)
    CHECK
  2. Disable Cloud Saves feature for Cyberpunk 2077 if you have it enabled.
    well its disabled in steam so … CHECK?
  3. Uninstall Cyberpunk 2077.
    CHECK
  4. Remove:
    Cyberpunk 2077 folder in your client’s directory (Steam, GOG, EGS)
    Cyberpunk 2077 folder from here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\
    REDEngine folder from here %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
    CD Projekt Red folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local
    CHECK
  5. Restart your PC.
    CHECK
  6. Install Cyberpunk 2077 again, on SSD for the best performance.
    CHECK
  7. If you install the game on the same partition as you have the Operating System installed, ensure that the game isn’t blocked by Windows permissions settings -> install it on the drive root, not nested in some folders. Example path after installation: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Cyberpunk 2077.
    not the case but whatever CHECK
  8. Copy your save files to the newly created Cyberpunk 2077 folder in the location from step #1.
    using a new game...
  9. Run the game and see if it helped with the issue you encountered.
    nope, eye makeup #6 still missing
    nope, cheek makeup OFF still shows as #5
    nope, face features in mirror/photomode much different then in character creator
  10. Re-enable Cloud Saves feature if you want.
    why dont need it
going for reinstall 3... chance its going to help ...0%?`... this game is just not worth it, having more issue since 1.61 then on release day and that says a lot
does not proof much, but whatever
2022-12-08_16h15_15.png

Last edited:
And just so we're clear, as I don't see you mentioning this.

You're not re-installing any mods after you cleanly install the game, right?

The bug you're seeing is on a completely new, clean and completely unmodded install?

If the answer to this last question is yes, then I would suggest that contacting CDPR as @devivre suggest is your best course of action.

Your problem would be an extremely rare, and most likely isolated, occurence and the chances of you getting a fix on the forum are slim to none.

If verify/repair doesn't do anything either (https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...l/issue/1562/verify-integrity-of-game-files-1), it might be best to send a ticket to support as suggested before.
aye already did
And just so we're clear, as I don't see you mentioning this.

You're not re-installing any mods after you cleanly install the game, right?

The bug you're seeing is on a completely new, clean and completely unmodded install?

If the answer to this last question is yes, then I would suggest that contacting CDPR as @devivre suggest is your best course of action.

Your problem would be an extremely rare, and most likely isolated, occurence and the chances of you getting a fix on the forum are slim to none.
yes, no mod installation afterwards
yes, completely unmodded install
yah did that some hours ago :), though I do not think that there will happen much
whatever, 3rd clean reinstall, nothing, gues I will just reinstall all mods now, load an old save and work with whatever is happening or quit this game for good, its just ... beh

thanks for your time

AppData/Local/CD Project Red ... which includes the cache dir
if there is another, then not
also no idea about a folder for shader, so that definitely not

AppData/Local/CD Project Red ... which includes the cache dir
if there is another, then not
also no idea about a folder for shader, so that definitely not

i see you've all ready clean files on steamapps/commons/cyberpunk folder
to know since few years , on steam , for each installed game , steam create on C:/ my documents folders a folder for each app installed , mostly this one you've config ini files , some few time cache deposite , save game ( for a fresh and clean install , need to delete this folder , it may appears like this c:/my documents/cyberpunk 2077

when it comes clean install the second step , open your GPU control display panel , go on setting , there's one to set size of shader cache , turn it off , apply , reboot your pc and go again on your GPU control display panel to turn shader cache size enable .

on windows setting , system and go storage , there'll be a tools to clean temps/cookies files
reboot your pc :)

aye already did

yes, no mod installation afterwards
yes, completely unmodded install
yah did that some hours ago :), though I do not think that there will happen much
whatever, 3rd clean reinstall, nothing, gues I will just reinstall all mods now, load an old save and work with whatever is happening or quit this game for good, its just ... beh

thanks for your time
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU AND SUFFERING THE FPS PROBLEMS. I did exact all of the suggested solutions and none of them worked. My game used to run fine before 1.6/1.61. [...] The only thing 1.6 did was promoting edgerunners

Last edited:
Well, just looked and not seeing any eye make-up #06 either. Running from GOG, never any mods. Not something I've ever checked to be fair. V otherwise looks about right in the mirror though.

Top Bottom