Which card would you choose?

+

Which card would you choose in your deck?

• Yenvo

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • Schirrú

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Regardless of faction, which card would you put in your deck if you have to choose between these two?:

y.png
Untitled.png

Regardless of faction, which card would you put in your deck if you have to choose between these two?:

View attachment 11334565View attachment 11334568
It very clearly depends on the deck and my mood. Schirru is more interesting as his value can depends upon a board state — which can be altered by both players. But he can be tedious to play when I want a causal game to relax. He is also no use against the massive must-remove engines that are excessively prevalent in Gwent.

If the point of this thread is to argue that Invocation is a stronger card because it is chosen more often, this thread is meaningless. Clearly Damsel in Distress is a stronger card than Wolf Pack. But it’s not better in an SK beast deck.

If the point of this thread is to argue that Invocation is a stronger card because it is chosen more often
No, but it is 9 provision and shirrú 10. We have now scientifically proven without a shred of a doubt that this is typical NG underprovisioned cheat card. The proof is rock solid.

Those cards are quite the opposite...
Schirrù is more expensive and need a dedicated deck (controlled damages and boosts) to shine. With the greed, he doesn't even have a higher ceiling than Yenvo. But he's the funniest to play !
Yenvo is a little cheaper, super simple and could fit in a lot of decks. I've always seen it as a beginner card.

I think there's space for the two (but Yenvo could easily be at 10)

Hahahaha what a thread, no wonder everyone says Gwent will be done with the community driven balancing xD While Yenvo is a tall punish card that naturally fits in nearly any deck, Schirrú is wide punish and needs a specific deck and meta and can then play for a lot more than Yenvo (which is the definition of a tech card). But the question itself is absolutely bonkers. Let's compare Braathens to Filavandrel next, I wonder who's gonna win "regardless of the faction" :D

Lmao, then definition of a tech card must be "fits in every deck, always gets value, and has no conditions or drawbacks."
You're actually ranting about Schirrú here because that's the card I've called a tech card, so thank you lmao.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, exactly why this card should be 10 provisions.

Yes, exactly why this card should be 10 provisions.
So you really keep ignoring the fact that Schirrú only works in ST decks because they can manipulate his power way better than any other faction? Following that logic Braathens should be like 6 provisions because no other faction would ever play him over Peter Saar Gwynleve.... and what's "scientific and rock solid" about comparing a highly situational tech card like Schirrú to a good and solid card like Yenvo? We have to change every second card's provision cost then....

Last edited:
You're actually ranting about Schirrú here because that's the card I've called a tech card, so thank you lmao.
Yes, i'm ranting about Schirru, because clearly it's Schirru who "fits in every deck, always gets value, and has no conditions or drawbacks."

And if it was, indeed, Schirru that you called a "tech" card in your post, then 1) you really need to work on the clarity of your writing, and 2) "wide punish and needs a specific deck and meta and can then play for a lot more than Yenvo" is still not really a definition of a tech card, and neither Schirru IS one, nor does he actually fit that description.

Yes, exactly why this card [Invocation] should be 10 provisions.
I’m not convinced. Compared to a 10 provision Heatwave, at even cost, I will choose Heatwave 100% of the time over Invocation.
  • Heatwave does not clutter my deck with cards that usually lack synergy with my deck.
  • Heatwave is effective against scenarios and other broken artifacts.
  • On those occasions where I am opposing NG, Heatwave does not leave my opponent opportunity to snatch the card back from my deck.
Of course, my argument is as much an indightment of Heatwave as it is justification for a 9 provision Invocation. We absolutely need an unlimited tall punish. We need a card that deals with the horrible, OP artifacts in the game (but that is costly and still has value when no artifacts are present — otherwise it is binary), and we need ability to banish moderate size units like Melusine or She Who Knows. But it shouldn’t be the case that all three are handled by one card.

Regardless, when cards are as different as Schirru and Invocation, I don’t think meaningful conclusions can be drawn by direct comparison — judgments must be made based upon how their respective decks perform, and on the major reasons for that performance.

Yes, i'm ranting about Schirru, because clearly it's Schirru who "fits in every deck, always gets value, and has no conditions or drawbacks."

And if it was, indeed, Schirru that you called a "tech" card in your post, then 1) you really need to work on the clarity of your writing, and 2) "wide punish and needs a specific deck and meta and can then play for a lot more than Yenvo" is still not really a definition of a tech card, and neither Schirru IS one, nor does he actually fit that description.
I know it's hard getting good answers here, but I really need to know: Do you actually think comparing Schirrú and Yenvo makes sense? If people say they will always choose Yenvo over him "regardless of faction", does that justify nerfing Yenvo in your opinion?

I know it's hard getting good answers here, but I really need to know: Do you actually think comparing Schirrú and Yenvo makes sense? If people say they will always choose Yenvo over him "regardless of faction", does that justify nerfing Yenvo in your opinion?
No, I don't think comparing Schirru and Yenvo makes sense in the context of the question, but I also don't think Yenvo being 9p makes sense for what it does and how easy it is to use.

So you really keep ignoring the fact that Schirrú only works in ST decks because they can manipulate his power way better than any other faction?
You keep ignoring the fact that Yenvo only works in NG decks because it is a NG-faction card?

On a more serious note: Schirrú would work in SK.

and what's "scientific and rock solid" about comparing a highly situational tech card like Schirrú to a good and solid card like Yenvo?
The me having fun about this part is and of course 7! people voted now, how more scientific and rock solid must it get! ;)

Still Yenvo, to me, is underprovisioned or maybe should be neutral card?
Post automatically merged:

I will choose Heatwave 100% of the time over Invocation.
Heatwave is neutral, so that evens it out for all factions. NG can add both and still have Vincent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom