REDkit enters Open Beta!

+
Nobody has responded on redkit forums and I can't play Witcher 2, now what do I do, sulk in the corner? reinstall?

on redkit site said u can play mod ....but for that I have to download modders edition...is dat correct or someone is uploaded his / her mod have to download ?

RSIK4, if you just want to play the mods you should download the gamer's edition. There's one mod under Quests right now, Lykaon, you need to log in to get it.

So I'm working on getting better at this whole dialogue aspect, currently looking up the video tutorials, and holy shit, even if you know what you're doing it takes at least 10 minutes just to create extremely simple dialogue with one NPC.
Please tell me this and quest structuring are some of the hardest aspects of the redkit.

frynse said:
So I'm working on getting better at this whole dialogue aspect, currently looking up the video tutorials, and holy shit, even if you know what you're doing it takes at least 10 minutes just to create extremely simple dialogue with one NPC.
Please tell me this and quest structuring are some of the hardest aspects of the redkit.

Just imagine what it took to build something like TW2!

Coming along with an update regarding the login issues:

It should work now. Please try resetting your password again and let us know if you can get in. Thank you for your patience and once again, we apologize that it took so long.

while now it is not showing wrong password or email..i still get a white page with error in the upper left corner...

So any news regarding the possibilities or viability of modding the main game?
For example: Allowing Geralt to receive his lost silver sword after a certain reveal in Vergen, modding the faces of generic NPCs, and perhaps even voices to add more variation etc.

WolverineX23 said:
while now it is not showing wrong password or email..i still get a white page with error in the upper left corner...

What browser/OS are you using?
Have you cleared your cache?

I still have problems with logging too… Totally the same, as described above.
And it’s not depend on browser and/or OS – I’ve tried a lot of them…

But… I’ve found another way to solve the problem.
Logging is possible on the another pages of the site… For example, main forums page: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/. Also, on the REDKit-Wiki/REDKit-forums pages…

I hope, it could help somebody. : )

cmdrsilverbolt said:
RSIK4, if you just want to play the mods you should download the gamer's edition. There's one mod under Quests right now, Lykaon, you need to log in to get it.

ohk thnx for the help..../>

Randomdrowner said:
For example: Allowing Geralt to receive his lost silver sword after a certain reveal in Vergen, modding the faces of generic NPCs, and perhaps even voices to add more variation etc.

Yeah, I'm not sure why there isn't any word about this yet. It would be such a shame if they don't allow it. Although as of now you can only enable one mod at a time, so IDK if it will be possible...

MM360 said:
Coming along with an update regarding the login issues:

It should work now. Please try resetting your password again and let us know if you can get in. Thank you for your patience and once again, we apologize that it took so long.

Many thanks! It works now

Randomdrowner said:
I'd like to know this myself. From what I can see, this is intended for stand alone "adventures" only.

Daywalker30 said:
Dunno, but my launcher updated to 3.4 and I can launch REDKit from there.

@Drow_Ranger87

have you tried to launch it directly from the directory (*:\The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition\bin\editor.exe) ?
sry my game version was 3.3 tnx for the attention
it is fine now

Zanderat said:
I'd like to know this myself. From what I can see, this is intended for stand alone "adventures" only.
I'm pretty sure it's within the redkit's powers to edit stuff from the main story.
I think.

frynse said:
I'm pretty sure it's within the redkit's powers to edit stuff from the main story.
I think.
Well, the description of Full Combat Rebalance 2 on the homepage says that everything needed to create it is included in REDkit. And it has new animations like the walking parry and pirouettes. Furthermore, they say that a known issue of REDkit is that "currently, cooking changes to original Witcher 2 story create rather sizable files".

So... I guess you can. :)

Top Bottom