A new interview with Adam Badowski

+
I guess it depends on where you live. I just got Tomb raider for the pc for less than half the price than the Ps3 version. Other timesI just wait and get really good deals on steam.

Monimonster said:
I guess it depends on where you live. I just got Tomb raider for the pc for less than half the price than the Ps3 version. Other timesI just wait and get really good deals on steam.

Well needing online connection is also problematic for PC games for some people.

In any case, I prefer PC, but consoles are most definitely more convenient and less stress inducing.

Well plug and play is easier, but now even console games get patched which does require online connection. I have no problems with consoles I have one, however they are way overdue for an update. I am also curious about the price range for the next gen consoles.

Aver

Forum veteran
Monimonster said:
I have no problems with consoles I have one, however they are way overdue for an update. I am also curious about the price range for the next gen consoles.

Well PS4 won't have this problem. It will be updating in background according to Sony promise. They added additional chip that will be responsible for doing updates in background while you will be able to play games.

Price will be probably around 500$.

Wait a second, if you're buying games at premium prices, then you save a bit on PC games. But anyone who waits to buy, pays the same price for console or PC versions of a game.

Example current retail prices in Poland:
Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition PC: 52,90 PLN (~$16,70)
Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition PS3: 115 PLN (~$36,30)

Any questions?

Aver

Forum veteran
Kodaemon said:
Example current retail prices in Poland:
Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition PC: 52,90 PLN (~$16,70)
Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition PS3: 115 PLN (~$36,30)

Any questions?

In US:
PS3: 19,99$
PC: 39,99$

That is now, after Dark Souls has been out for a longer period of time on consoles then PC. Also if you want the DLC of Dark Souls you have to pay for it vs the pc version. The DLC costs 15 dollars so you have to spend 35 $ in total

You can always find contrary examples. Skyrim is $40 for both PC and Xbox, and Hitman: Absolution is $10 more on PC.

If you wait to buy games, you pay less no matter what platform you're using.

Aver

Forum veteran
CostinMoroianu said:
That is now, after Dark Souls has been out for a longer period of time on consoles then PC. Also if you want the DLC of Dark Souls you have to pay for it vs the pc version. The DLC costs 15 dollars so you have to spend 35 $ in total

At least they don't have Game for Windows Live! Lack of it is worth at least 15$! ;)

Yea, consoles are very convenient and you never have to worry about a game not working or hardware not being compatible.

That and they are cheaper. So yea, what they lack in power, consoles offer in convenience.

Then explain why there are so many forum posts about people complaining about crashing in their games? On a PC many of a problems you encounter can be fixed, on a console it won't happen so easily.

With regards to conveniece, sure, but 400 dollars ( price of the Xbox 360 at launch ) isn't the kind of money I'll throw away on a sub par machine when I can instead spend it on a PC and you will have to forgive me for this but your knowledge on PC parts and pricing isn't exactly the best.

For 300 dollars I can get a PC today in Romania ( where hardware prices are higher then the west ) that will run many games well at higher framerates then consoles, where games are locked to 30 FPS besides CoD which looks like shit anyway AND have games that look better, sure you won't be able to run TW2 at 1080p with ultra settings on, but you could manage some decent looks in it with decent framerate at highest then 720p ( the resolution of consoles ).

My old PC, the one I purchased in early 2011, I got for 600 dollars in total for component prices in Romania ( again higher prices because of importing ) and I was able to run TW2 with ubersampling on it at 20 FPS with a rezolution of 1440 by 900.

But the beauty of PC is that you DON'T have to upgrade it entirely unlike a console where if it breaks you have to get a new one. You can replace the memory, the GFX card, the Hard Drive, PSU and so on all separably besides the Motherboard and CPU if you are getting a CPU which runs on a different socket.

Add to that the notion of being able to have lower prices from the get go on PC vs consoles baring a few cases ( Call of Duty and Blizzard games ) along with amazing sales on PC and I cannot justify purchasing a console price wise.

KnightofPhoenix said:
Yep what Aver said.

Besides, more and more PC games are coming out priced 60$.

PC games drop far lower in price than used console games, and there are more distributors which means more free market competition. Just glance at Steam and GoG sales and tell me PC isn't the budget choice. It is, and has been for some time. It's a myth that gaming on console is cheaper.

Hitman: Absolution PC: 69 PLN
Hitman: Absolution PS3: 129 PLN
Hitman: Absolution X360: 89 PLN

Skyrim is still similarily priced for both consoles and PC.

There are some rumors that at the console launch we will have 70 dollar priced games for a while, apparently it was like this at the initial launch of the 360.

Aver

Forum veteran
CostinMoroianu said:
There are some rumors that at the console launch we will have 70 dollar priced games for a while, apparently it was like this at the initial launch of the 360.

That the price of games will increase to 70$ at some time is inevitable, but it will happen for PC and Consoles. Inflation does exist and 60$ now equals 50$ in 2006. So it's only matter of time.

It's likely. Consoles are sold at dumping prices at launch, they need the money from higher game prices sales to get a profit.

Top Bottom