New videos on Gameinformer.com

+
The timeline on the front page of this website says so.

Well it's not exactly a year, War starts in August 1271 and W3 begins in May 1272.

Considering the amount of time that has passed, I wouldn't be surprised if the Black Ones have taken over Temeria since it was already fragmented and weakened. But, who knows? Clearly there are players who want their choices to have a significant effect on the game world, so I hope they get to experience that. Personally, I would be okay playing with default cannon.

I`m pretty sure one of the videos said that in the 10 months since Nilfgard crossed the Yaruga that he war had reached a stalemate . Or maybe i heard it wrong .

there is another video uploaded but not visible in the hub or the main page
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/02/09/the-brothers-behind-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt.aspx
let the brothers end and then choose the second icon wild hunt story

Agent_Blue

wisielec said:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/02/09/the-brothers-behind-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt.aspx

Such a good video. The passion, the obvious enamourment and intimacy those writers show with the story bodes greatly for TW3. Damn, they care for this game.

Aver

Forum veteran
wisielec said:

It was already posted here and there is not one, but two videos that are not visible in the hub.

Aver

Forum veteran
If Radovid and Henselt split Temeria then there should still be a strong supply line since Kaedwen and Redania would be fighting fiercely there but in the East in Aedirn the situation should be more dire.

I don't see reason why would Henselt and Radovid be fighting fiercely there. They wouldn't have time to send their troops there (Nilfgaard was crossing Jaruga when they were splitting Temeria between them). It's not like their core country anyway. It's like imaging that Russia would fight fiercely to protect their Polish territories in They wouldn't have support of local population. I think it would be Estonia all over again, it even fits Nilfgaard is like Nazis and Keadwen is like Russia ;)/>.

Jokes aside, what supply line are you referring to? Temeria was already a mess before the Black Ones arrived, and their lack of unity probably destroyed any chance of survival.

Read the books. You would see that same mess was before second war against Nilfgaard. It's how Nilfgaards starts wars - killing kings, mages and making Norther Kingdoms fight against each other. But as Geralt said at the end of TW2 - people always unite when there is one common enemy. Also Temerian army isn't like other armies. During battle of Brenna there was no mention of any Temerian unit made out of knights or noble ones. Their army was composed out of volunteers, Landsknechts and Mahakamian dwarfs. None of them cares about politics - they just need leader like Natalis - who is the biggest hero on the north.

What's the other one? The title reveal?

Business of CDPR.

Aver said:
Also Temerian army isn't like other armies. During battle of Brenna there was no mention of any Temerian unit made out of knights or noble ones.

In TW2, Temerians certainly have knights, and nobles, at least those of very high stature like Maravel and Kimbolt (there are 6 of them including those 2), have their own forces. EDIT: and the La Valettes have their own army.

Perhaps the situation you're describing is unique to Brenna and not indicative of Temeria's military force in general?

I don't see reason why would Henselt and Radovid be fighting fiercely there.

They would not abandon a country with all it's manpower and resources like Temeria, it would be incredibly stupid of them to do so. The Russians in WW2 fought to the best of their ability during the Blitzkerig, hell they managed to slow and even halt to a point the southern German armies in the Ukraine.

Also Temerian army isn't like other armies. During battle of Brenna there was no mention of any Temerian unit made out of knights or noble ones.

Just that there was no mention of it does not mean they didn't exist. Regardless of what is in the books Foltest did have Knights and nobles.

Indeed, it makes much more sense from a Redanian and Kaedweni perspective, to keep the fighting outside their own soil.

I doubt any of them want to see the Nilfgaardian cavalry decimating their fields (well Kaedwen being all forests, they could take it much better than Redania).

I still cannot fathom why they would allow Nilfgaard to take the mightiest fortresses of Temeria without resisting as much as they can. Well fortified cities like Vizima can break entire armies that attempt to lay siege to them and they have in our history.

In fact it was during the Nilfgaardian Wars that Coehorn fought with his armies at Brenna so he could stop the Northern reinforcements to Maribor, and he fought only with Cavalry while leaving his infantry to continue the siege. So Maribor resisting prevented Coehorn from moving his infantry as well to Brenna which would have won the battle for Nilfgaard and thus the entire war.

Yea I would be surprised if they abandoned Vizima. Which is why I hope it's still contested land (maybe even besieged), or if the Nilfgaardians did take it, they resorted to unconventional means.

Aver said:
Read the books. You would see that same mess was before second war against Nilfgaard. It's how Nilfgaards starts wars - killing kings, mages and making Norther Kingdoms fight against each other. But as Geralt said at the end of TW2 - people always unite when there is one common enemy. Also Temerian army isn't like other armies. During battle of Brenna there was no mention of any Temerian unit made out of knights or noble ones. Their army was composed out of volunteers, Landsknechts and Mahakamian dwarfs. None of them cares about politics - they just need leader like Natalis - who is the biggest hero on the north.

I am waiting for the official translations, but thanks for rubbing it in ;) But I already knew what you stated from the game, and I am still unconvinced. We see in the ending sequence that the Black Ones have taken over most of Temeria, and as others have stated this process took a while to happen. This is then indicative of the failure of Temeria over a long period of time to defeat the invading force. This is all speculation, of course, but that's what it looks like.

Also, it's okay for someone like me who likes the witcher stories, but "read the books" is an asinine response to tell anyone else. It's possible to give information without that admonition.

KnightofPhoenix said:
Yea I would be surprised if they abandoned Vizima. Which is why I hope it's still contested land (maybe even besieged), or if the Nilfgaardians did take it, they resorted to unconventional means.

Now that I'd like to see. Any part of those scenarios would make for interesting game play.

Aver

Forum veteran
They would not abandon a country with all it's manpower and resources like Temeria, it would be incredibly stupid of them to do so. The Russians in WW2 fought to the best of their ability during the Blitzkerig, hell they managed to slow and even halt to a point the southern German armies in the Ukraine.

But Russians already had there their forces and they were prepared and fortified. Redania and Keadwen aren't prepared nor have there their forces. Actually Nilfgaardian forces are earlier there, so Redania and Keadwen will be coming to them. I don't see reason for that. I would bet that Redania and Keadwen would wait on borders, well prepared instead of making quick rush to Temeria. Waiting on their borders they would make sure that Nilfgaardian forces is long way from home, have long supply lines and is already tired and both kingdoms would have more time to gather troops. On other hand if Redania and Keadwen would go to Temeria then they would have to prepare supply lines etc.

Regardless of what is in the books Foltest did have Knights and nobles.

Yes, probably. But clearly he didn't take them to the Battle of Brenna. Well, he never trusted nobles, so maybe that's why. Nonethless in the Battle of Brenna Temerian forces were core forces of NK and they managed to beat Nilfgaardians without nobles.

Top Bottom