The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt announced!

+
BetrayerRhys said:
I have my worries especially since every Witcher game thus far goes through a radical change

This worries me a bit too. The change from TW1 to TW2 was fairly radical, but still not terribly so. If anything you could say they were bringing the game up to more modern standards. Now we're having the 3rd game for the same series going through yet another radical change. IMO, TW3 should have been in the same style as TW1 & TW2 and then start the open world thing with Cyberpunk. We'll see though. Hopefully they deliver.

Nonostanovich said:
We have also infos about a third game 30 times bigger than Witcher 2...

yeah and exclusive three screens from GI which you must buy first. As much i love CDPR i take every word they say with grain of salt. 20% bigger then Skyrim ? TW2 was supposed to be bigger than TW1 by their words and it was smaller in the end.

To me it is currently just promises.

They say this is the last Witcher game, but this article says it's only the last part of Geralt's story and that CD Projekt isn't abandoning Andrzej Sapkowski's world. So what do you think happens in TW3? Geralt dies? Who will be the next protagonist...Ciri? Is that her on the Game Informer cover?

There are two ways to end a franchise. To make, fans of franchise sad or to make fans of the franchise sick of it. I prefer the fist option. Let witcher die when he is still the best.

Oh God... Ooh God. I pray you give me patience..

I wonder what next project will it be, besides Cyberpank.

Soooo eager to see it. Both of them and their next work

If TW3 comes out and it's a huge commercial success (Skyrim level of success), I'd have a hard time believing that CDPR would completely kill the franchise.

randir14 said:
They say this is the last Witcher game, but this article says it's only the last part of Geralt's story and that CD Projekt isn't abandoning Andrzej Sapkowski's world. So what do you think happens in TW3? Geralt dies? Who will be the next protagonist...Ciri? Is that her on the Game Informer cover?

can someone translate that article please? if that is so then it's great! I wouldn't mind a long break of say 5-6 years or so while we are treated with Cyberpunk and they should focus on that too to make it another epic, but I surely don't want this to be the last witcher game. Maybe a new witcher trilogy with Ciri and others. Despite ME3 being the last and all, we are getting ME4 which is a new trilogy without Shepard. There is still hope. But for now this will be the biggest epic of our lives!

Adityathewarriorwithin said:
can someone translate that article please?
Well, Google Translate says this:

"Full name of the new game "The Witcher third Wild Hunt". This will be the final part of the trilogy about the adventures of a computer Geralt. CD Projekt stipulates that if the story the main character of the series created by writer Andrzej Sapkowski completed in 2014, the company has no intention to abandon the same world known witcher saga. This means that left the door open for the next game in the best-known fantasy universe created in Poland."

my heart beat so fast as i read this news! it will be even more painful than waiting for tw2 *faint*

of course i subscribed the newsletter promptly ^^

Corylea said:
Well, Google Translate says this:

"Full name of the new game "The Witcher third Wild Hunt". This will be the final part of the trilogy about the adventures of a computer Geralt. CD Projekt stipulates that if the story the main character of the series created by writer Andrzej Sapkowski completed in 2014, the company has no intention to abandon the same world known witcher saga. This means that left the door open for the next game in the best-known fantasy universe created in Poland."

I would not believe this article 100%. Its in tvn24 which is a news tv. They don't cover usually gaming news so i would be wary of believing it. The artcles does not have any quotes so they may have misunderstood what cd projekt guys were saying. Personally i would wait for more reliable info

Thanks Cory! well don't know how reliable that is but still one can only hope and time will only tell. For now, TW3 is in our destiny!

I'm off to bed now, it's late but I'm usually awake but today all this is bit too much to take. Here's hoping when I wake up I see a real trailer of sorts.

Yes yes yes!!! Thank you very much for this!!

Adityathewarriorwithin said:
I'm off to bed now, it's late but I'm usually awake but today all this is bit too much to take. Here's hoping when I wake up I see a real trailer of sorts.
I wouldn't hold my breath. I think maybe that teaser is what we get for now.

Corylea said:
I wouldn't hold my breath. /> I think maybe that teaser is what we get for now.

I think the same, maybe they will follow the CP77 route, and release it after a few weeks

The music is really great, sounds so much like TW1 which is quite better and more atmospheric than TW2.

Is there a wallpaper of the wolf logo from the teaser?
I really need that as my desktop.

It's really sad though that there won't be more witcher games, but I think you made the right choice.
Quit while you're ahead!

PLEASE add linux support!! I want to play last witcher on ubuntu. You already support Mac, no reason not to support linux, steam and valve are already there.

Top Bottom