Game will not launch, please help!!

+
I recently reinstalled Witcher 3 to try and play the new update but the game will not launch from the "RedLauncher". Hitting the play button on Steam opens the Redlauncher, and when I hit Play from there, Redlauncher closes and nothing happens. There's no crash message or even a process that runs.

The only error I have been able to produce is when I try and run the game directly from the .exe file;
Code:
The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR120.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
I tried reinstalling that with the VC_redist.x86.exe but that did not do anything either. This is the only sort of "error" that I am able to produce, but I am not even sure if that is what is causing the issue, because the error does not appear when I try and launch from Steam/RedLauncher.

I literally have no idea what else to do and what is wrong with it. I have no mods and I have reinstalled the game a few times. I have tried contacting ProjketRED via support, but it's been about 2 weeks and I have not heard anything from them.

If you have any other suggestions, I would be soo incredibly thankful to hear them.

Here are the things I have tried;
- Switching back and forth between DirectX 11 & 12 on RedLauncher
- Verify integrity of game files
- Disabling Steam Cloud & reinstalling Witcher 3
- Deleting .settings files
- Installing the classic version of the game
- Did a full scan of my PC for malware, drivers, updates, etc.
- Launching with --launcher-skip (nothing happens, no error, no crash message)

Specs:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00

From TW3 support :
2. Uninstall all of the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables that you have installed.
Once it's done install the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable packages from the link below starting from the oldest ones (skip the "arm" files). Launch all the executables as Administrator.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
3.) You might also want to manually run the installations for past versions of Visual Studio and Visual C++ directly from Microsoft.com. Ensure that you're installing the x86 and x64 versions of each. Thus:
  • Install Visual Studio 2010 x86, then x64
  • Install Visual C++ 2010 x86, then x64
  • Install Visual Studio 2011 x86, then x64
  • Install Visual C++ 2011 x86, then x64
  • Etc.

Last edited:
1. In Cortana type CMD and right-click on the result that appears to open a Command Prompt in administrator mod
2. Write the following two commands in succession and press Enter at each end of lin
regsvr32 /u msvcr120.dll
regsvr32 /i msvcr120.dll

Warning: I assume that the missing .dll is msvcr120.dll. If it is not its exact name, replace it
3. Restart your computer
MSVCR120.dll manquant - Microsoft Community

Can you check if this dll is really missing ?
img_5bc58e3658fc0.jpg

Last edited:
1. In Cortana type CMD and right-click on the result that appears to open a Command Prompt in administrator mod
2. Write the following two commands in succession and press Enter at each end of lin
regsvr32 /u msvcr120.dll
regsvr32 /i msvcr120.dll

Warning: I assume that the missing .dll is msvcr120.dll. If it is not its exact name, replace it
3. Restart your computer
MSVCR120.dll manquant - Microsoft Community

Can you check if this dll is really missing ?
View attachment 11340934
Hi LeKill3r,

It looks I am missing msvcr120.dll
missing_dll.PNG

However when I try typing any of those lines in CMD while running it as an admin, I get this error
error.PNG

Post automatically merged:

Hi LeKill3r,

It looks I am missing msvcr120.dll
missing_dll.PNG

However when I try typing any of those lines in CMD while running it as an admin, I get this error
error.PNG
Updated FIXED IT!!!

I went and downloaded both the 64 & 32 bit MSVCR120.dll and now it works!

Last edited:
Top Bottom