Rites of Midinváerne

+
Rites of Midinváerne

Hey there riddle lovers! If youve bought The Witcher 2 on Steam, pay attention now, as weve prepared something special for everyone who owns Assassins of Kings on that platform. Did I mention that theres an achievement waiting for everyone who figures it out?
Have a look at the text below and give it a shot:
After Midinverne, or Midwinter, the day of the winter solstice, the days grow longer. According to the elves, Midinverne marks the beginning of a new cycle: the sun gradually gains power and all things beneath it are born once again. Winter Shrines erected on this day celebrate the revival of light and life, but also honor the winter, as death and ressurection are two sides of the same coin.
Ready? Set, Go! Make sure to let us know in the comments once youve figured it out. As mentioned earlier, the in-game change applies only for the Steam version of our game.
Oh, and by the way, The Witcher 2 now supports Steam's Big Picture:)

ah another steam achievement! off lately I like seeing those tiny things pop up everytime I'm playing so might as well play the games a couple of times on my steam copy for them lol

and what about us, that bought The Game from gog and played it many times over and over again? do we have to wait till TW 3 will be released and not get any new challenge? :(

osiris666 said:
and what about us, that bought The Game from gog and played it many times over and over again? do we have to wait till TW 3 will be released and not get any new challenge? :(

osiris666 is right
we could use some small patches that would define some kind of new little challenges for the game

osiris666 said:
and what about us, that bought The Game from gog and played it many times over and over again? do we have to wait till TW 3 will be released and not get any new challenge? :(/>

It's just an achievement.
Gog version don't need it.

No. This is getting tiresome. CDPR espoused platform equality at the outset of TW2. I pre-ordered and paid a considerable premium for the collector's edition. I also bought the GOG edition, because I wanted to support CDPR. When all the extra DLC was released very shortly after release free to everyone, I did not begrudge it whatsoever, because everyone was being treated equally.

But now, this at least the second Steam exclusive, with no sign of these exclusives being shared with the other platforms. It's getting annoying, and more than a little hypocritical, IMHO.

caefasi said:
It's just an achievement.
Gog version don't need it.

It's not just an achievement. It's an ability.

Summer Crown made Quen have a 10% to incinerate foes that hit you when the shield is up.

Winter's Shroud changes add to have a 30% chance to freeze enemies that you hit with it.

Way to go in screwing the balance of your game CDPR, not that it didn't have problems to begin with, nevermind the steam exclusivity.

Oof... come on guys, it´s not as if these are deal-breaking changes. But out of curiosity, why don't you run the same promotions via GOG? I mean, it wouldn't be that hard to have the game auto-update via the launcher, right? Seems odd that you wouldn't offer these small things to us as well if it's such a small effort...

pulseangel666 said:
Where can I find the Winter shrine?

I don't know if anyone has found it yet, but my best guess is that it's somewhere in the Forest in Chapter 1. There are several shrines there anyway.

MM360 said:
<p>Oh, and by the way, The Witcher 2 now supports Steam's Big Picture:)</p>

Awesome! My biggest gripe with Big Picture Mode was having to get my ass up just to click on Play Game for Witcher 2 and Skyrim.

Hey, the way I see it, having a DRM-free copy is the bonus for getting it from GOG. Steam's advantage has always been its achievements, so it makes sense to toss a bone their way. And Steam has been good for The Witcher and CDPR, with solid deal prices and featuring it repeatedly on their front page. Don't be hatin'.

Not really a fan of exclusives but they aren't going away anytime soon, and I've seen companies do way worse than CDPR with this type of thing. Arkham Asylum had exclusive challenge rooms for the PS3. Now that pissed me off. At any rate, there are still more reasons to buy it on GOG than Steam.

Top Bottom