Rites of Midinváerne

+
I own retail collectors and digital GOG version, but I do not mind at all that this is for owners of steam version. Have fun!

The place and achievement has been found. Here is a thread on steam with the location. http://steamcommunity.com/app/20920/discussions/0/828925849108402953/

Oh come on you complain too much. Besides I doubt everyone is going to play TW2 again just to get that. As for achievements I don't think seeing few words will change much.

New Bonus Content deleted Czech manual and gameguide (other languages too). Sountrack had 50 tracks in MP3 and now has 23 WAVE files. I hope this is a mistake.

guys its nothing great, just small fun! CDP would never do the exclusivity shit, just taking advantage of what steam offers! And as above, steam has been seemingly good with TW2, I see it so many dam times up and I doubt if anyone hasn't bought it on sale now. Just have fun :)

slimgrin said:
Not really a fan of exclusives but they aren't going away anytime soon, and I've seen companies do way worse than CDPR with this type of thing. Arkham Asylum had exclusive challenge rooms for the PS3. Now that pissed me off. At any rate, there are still more reasons to buy it on GOG than Steam.

Yep, I'm not a fan of exclusives either. And I'm not using Steam. GOG is surely a better place to buy.

I'm happy with my GOG version, I don't need worry about those constant achivement things, those are so boring anyway.

But I would really like to get that content though, will there like be a content patch for us GOG users later on or what is the deal CDPR? If not then it feels a little unfair that we GOG or retail users will not get it at any point. Still the Witcher games are among my favorite games of all time.

New Discovery?

Outside of Flotsam there are two elves dead hanging in a tree who were presumably attacked by bandits. Many have found the Solstice shrine near there, right around the corner, but if you stay until night randomly named wraiths will appear beneath the gruesome tree.

I have seen a different named wrath every time I reload. Ethel, Mealrenn, and Neal are the three. I may add more names to the list later. Or this may have been added in an old patch and I'm just sharing old news.

AFAIK the wraiths had always been there. The first time I encountered one, the name was Maladie, which is also the name of a (non-Witcher) short story by Sapkowski.

Welcome, by the way :)

I don't understand why everyone( or better said a lot of people) is(/are) so upset about a stupid achievement, I bought it on steam and yet I never look at achievements.
tell me do you enjoy the game, if so does it ruin your day if somebody has an achievement you have not?

Less the fact that it's an achievement than the fact it comes with an in-game bonus unavailable to those who bought a physical copy, I think.

that may very well be, but does it affect your enjoyment of the game.
I would understand the anger if steam buyers got DLC -levels a regular or gog buyer didn't get, since it would really add another level.
So just to show solidarity with fellow non steam users i announce that I haven't got this achievement and will not get it so I can share your pain :)

When entering Loc Muinne at the start of the 3rd chapter, take the route that goes through the tunnel instead of entering through the main gate. When you exit the tunnel and come to a wall that you will have to climb to enter Loc Muinne, don't climb but instead keep walking the path until it ends at a cliffs' edge and there will be a body on the ground. Pick the book up and use the activation action to get the AARD winter solstice achievement. Either Roche or Iorveth paths can reach it.

calmingspeed said:
When entering Loc Muinne at the start of the 3rd chapter, take the route that goes through the tunnel instead of entering through the main gate. When you exit the tunnel and come to a wall that you will have to climb to enter Loc Muinne, don't climb but instead keep walking the path until it ends at a cliffs' edge and there will be a body on the ground. Pick the book up and use the activation action to get the AARD winter solstice achievement. Either Roche or Iorveth paths can reach it.

I hope you tapped the right mana for that. - NastyWetSmear

But aside from that, thanks - I wanted to do a replay and was worried if I had to go trough one path to get it, now that you show the alternative I actually feel better thanks :D/>

I think achievements are an abomination. I think they ruin the way you play the game. They break immersion and make you hunt for virtual trophies, instead of focussing on the game. So I am happy in that way, I am not getting it. If there are some changes to the environment however, I would at least like to see a screenshot/video of it.

Though I must say, I think it is a bit weird, that they support steam more than their own platform gog. But I guess steam is more popular sadly still, so they want to promote the game first. I only buy physical copies, although it has been getting harder and harder to do so, but gog would be the only platform I would happily use, if I was able to get all my games there at one place, even the old ones, I bought on CD/DVD.

I don't hate steam, I just hate the DRM and the achievements... (Although I must confess that I own The Settlers 7 and Assassins Creed 2, which use/used UPlay. I bought them them for 10€ though. But AC2 disappointed me. The climbing was fun in the beginning, but the game soon bored me and the weird
alien
-stuff destroyed the story for me. Still hoping Settlers 7 removes the DRM as well, although it is still worse than 2-4.)

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I've been looking and I can't find anyone discussing this - I just got Summer's Crown in the GOG version of the game. Was this patched in, or is it possible that a glitch made it unlock because I also have the Steam version of the game?

spacehamsterZH said:
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I've been looking and I can't find anyone discussing this - I just got Summer's Crown in the GOG version of the game. Was this patched in, or is it possible that a glitch made it unlock because I also have the Steam version of the game?
Both Steam shrines were added with the patch 3.3.

Top Bottom