Another award for The Witcher 2 Intro

+
Another award for The Witcher 2 Intro

The opening sequence to the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings has received another award! CD Projekt RED along with Platige Image, the Polish post production studio, have won the Golden Statue for The Best Animation during recent London International Awards. Since its first, January screening, the video has been recognized during various international festivals, recently winning The Best Video Game Trailer at The Golden Trailer Awards.

I do not want to get used to winning awards. Each new award is like the first.
Congratulations, family!

Watched it again and it is a bloody work of art, no cinematic out there to match it. Blizzards kung fu panda intro just looks juvenile and ridiculous in comparison.

Blothulfur said:
Watched it again and it is a bloody work of art, no cinematic out there to match it. Blizzards kung fu panda intro just looks juvenile and ridiculous in comparison.

I don't know Illidian awakening the Naga was pretty damn great and still is. I do love the cinematic though I always watch it when i create a new game. The attention to detail is amazing. Congratulations CDPR.

Blizzard cinematics are usually great. Both ingame and trailers. Only the panda one looked dumb.

Anyways, well-deserved award to such a fantastic trailer!

For me all the Blizzard cinematics just pale in comparison, with the possible exception of the intro to the first Diablo. CDPR and Platige's gritty presentation and human perspective impresses me far more than Blizzards cartoonish flash and fury.

You guys really deserved the award, it was one of the best cinematics I've seen. Keep it up! :)

Well deserved indeed. I’ve been so impressed by this CGI trailer that I’ve shown it to several friends in the past who haven’t even played “The Witcher 2” simply because it’s so awesome :3 I love the reciprocal interaction of music and visuals in particular.

Top Bottom