We want to hear your questions!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
We want to hear your questions!

Welcome to our first official QA segment where you can ask questions about our upcoming Cyberpunk title. Just leave your questions in the comments below and we will be back withanswers next week. We will close this thread on Monday (July 30th) at 3PM GMT, select 5 questions, and post the answers on Wednesday (August 1st).
Please remember that a lot about this project is still classified and we simply cant answer every single question you might have, even if we really wanted to, so please keep that in mind. Only one question per person and please try to keep your inquiries relatively short. Also, if your question isnt picked this time, it still might get answered next time we do the Community QA: it might mean that were not allowed to talk about what you want to know at this particular moment.
Alright, so lets begin, shall we?

First one :D - Alright so perhaps the most would be commonly asked question - What will the game actually be called? Just "Cyberpunk"?

Is Cyberpunk just the working title for now? If yes, do you have any official title names in mind that you may share?

EDIT

Haha, guess me and Aditya had the same questions by coincidence.

What are your primary sources of research and inspiration for the theme (cyberpunk) of the game (books, movies, other video games, etc)?

[e] Hah, didn't see the above response. Alright, let's change it up a bit:

Will the game play similarly to The Witcher series (third-person, melee-combat action-adventure game) or will it be in a completely different genre (first-person shooter, real-time strategy, etc)?

Will the music be like the music in Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

Also, please don't use orchestrated music, it's really bland.

Do you plan to work on OpenGL support in the engine for Cyberpunk? If yes, are you planning to release Linux and Mac OSX versions?

(In general, please comment on those questions that you are not allowed to talk for now, simply saying that you can't, if it's possible :) Thanks. ).

I hope it's okay to ask more than one questions, because i have three.

#1: Will it be open world? Or will it maybe sandbox style like The Witcher games?

I have alot of questions but my biggest one is this...

Will the character you play be voiced or not ?

keep up gr8 work and cant wait for more

Will choosing your class affect the story? If so how much?
Will we be choosing origins and lifepath like in the manual?
How many classes will there be in the game and which ones?
Will it be third person or first person?
Is the game going to be more stealth oriented for combat classes?

Also have you guys been reading this topic? We've been giving lot of suggestions but if those don't fit with your vision of the game don't use them. Please look! http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/31179-hot-cyberpunk-speculations-dreams-and-wishes/

In regards to combat and stats:

Will you be focusing on a more stat-based combat system that relies on the characters skills (Pen and Paper style) or will you be doing it like The Witcher 2, where player skill was important in a very player-active combat system?

So, cyberpunk is your choice. All we know the most popular cyberpunk game is "Deus Ex".Can you identify the most radical differences from the "Deus Ex"?

How is the game world in Cyberpunk going to be like? I am asking whether you are going to stick to the hubs, or make it "sandboxy" (all/most location available throughout entire game).

Will we have party members , who voice their opinions when we perform a good/bad decision in a quest i.e. will they have a personality and mind of their own or will we be alone in that universe?..

oh cool was just waiting for this.

About the Gameplay:

Will there be different Gameplay styles like Stealth, Tech Expert (hacking and so on), Weapons Master etc. ?

is there going to be a crafting system for weapons and armor, and if so will it be
like in the witcher where you just need a recipe and ingredients and someone else
will do the actual crafting or more like i don't know neocron or fallout where you
need certain crafting skills to get better results?
I do love to craft and modify my own equipment and I think I may not be the only
one ^^..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom