Quick question about the final stages of the quests "An Eye for an Eye" and "Count Reuven's Treasure" ; Do they affect the future?

+

A.P.P.

Forum veteran

Needless to say... SPOILERS AHEAD !!!

-----

1) At the end of Eye for an Eye, you make the choice of whether to a) spare -- OR b) kill -- a straggling wounded Nilfgaardian soldier.

Does THAT have any effect on anything from the future?
It sounds like it SHOULD, but I don't exactly see it documented anywhere... ? :S

-----

2) At the end of Count Reuven's Treasure, prior to meeting with Priscilla (which is the TRUE END of the quest),
you have a brief tryst with Triss (lol) in a shack in Novigrad's outskirts where you interrogate a spy.

During this cutscene there are 2 choices for Geralt:

A) When Triss intensifies the torturing, Geralt can choose to a) NOT react OR b) tell her to take it easier.
Depending on that, in the next question of the interrogation, the spy will either a) reveal that he's working for Radovid OR b) NOT reveal this detail.

B) At the end of the interrogation, you can choose to either tell Triss to a) kill him OR b) wipe his memory.
Depending on that, after the cutscene ends, the spy's body will collapse on the floor, and...
...and you can either a) examine his body, leading Geralt to utter: "Looks alive." OR b) not be able to examine his body.
Regardless of choices, once you exit the house, and come back in just a while later, you'll find that the body has disappeared.

Now...

Does ALL THAT have any effect on anything from the future?
It sounds like it SHOULD, but I don't exactly see it documented anywhere... ? :S

=======

Cheers! :)

Last edited:
No, neither end up having an effect. I think XLetalis on Youtube did videos on each. For the first one, it was part of some cut content as well. So it might’ve been supposed to, but ended up not having an effect (since Roche kind of broke that pseudo-truce with Nilfgard). I can’t remember what happens if you let Ves die during that quest though, as that should play out different conversation-wise (it’s evidently hard to do).

As to the second, I think in that vid he says if you talk to Triss afterward she can vaguely allude to leaving that guy alive.

A.P.P.

Forum veteran

I can’t remember what happens if you let Ves die during that quest though, as that should play out different conversation-wise (it’s evidently hard to do).

@NeonKnigh on YouTube did a video on that, more specifically pertaining how the future interactions with Ves in Reasons of State and Blindingly Obvious are concerned.

What's that about it being "hard to do", though?

In my experience, on Death March!, keeping Ves ALIVE was very hard...

@NeonKnigh on YouTube did a video on that, more specifically pertaining how the future interactions with Ves in Reasons of State and Blindingly Obvious are concerned.

What's that about it being "hard to do", though?

In my experience, on Death March!, keeping Ves ALIVE was very hard...

Yeah, on Death March you have to blitz into where she is immediately or she dies

Top Bottom