A long, hot summer

+
A long, hot summer

A long hot summer usually means that its time to stop playing games and go outside, right? Wrong! A long hot summer means that its time to take advantage of some sweet deals taking place during the Steam Summer Sale and fire up your Steam copy of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings because weve prepared something special for everyone whos bought the game on that platform. Now, its not going to be easy to find it, but we encourage everyone to try, because there might be an achievement waiting for you down the road Here's a little information that might help you a bit:
Midate, or Midsummer, is the day of the summer solstice and marks the beginning of the first month of summer in the elven solar calendar. Elves believe that all things under the sun occur in cycles. After Midate the days grow shorter and the dying commences - to last until the winter solstice. Summer Shrines erected on this day give praise to the sun and life, while acknowledging death's certainty.
We realize that the hint given above might not be much, but were confident that you will manage to solve our little riddle anyway. Make sure to let us know in the comments, once youve figured it out. As mentioned earlier, the in-game change applies only for the Steam version of our game.

I downlaoded a 80 MB patch earlier today, now i know why. Anyway, no idea what to do to get the new secret achievement.

Viper1141 said:
Phooey, that's a kick in the nuts for we who bought the retail copy...

Viper1141 said:
Or the GoG version...

That's off base. This is an achievement feature; achievements are something you have only on the Steam edition.

If it's simply a new achievement only, then that's fine. Obviously retail and GOG copies won't have achievement capabilities. I guess I was more worried that it was some sort of exclusive DLC or whatever that only Steam users got.

It's probably something only useful to Steam Sale event anyway. I'm just glad I had not uninstalled the game. Now to try to figure out what this could mean.

Dona said:
You can also vote for The Witcher 2 to be 60% off in ~5 hours :>

I alreadydid.

BTW, We are not elves in Catalonia but we but we celebrate the arrival of summer each June 24 with Retvelles de Sant Joan, the holidays from pagan origin, beginning the night of 23 around giant bonfires, with firecrackers and fireworks, (drinks and food too, o.f.) until the next morning.

So it's possible that my lore wander me away from the meaning of the riddle. I will wait for solution

PS
Have I been spamming again, right? Unlocking acheivements is the difference between GOG and Steam?

Sorry

The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later.

I think that someone has caused an overload flow...

MM360 said:
<p>“Midaëte, or Midsummer, is the day of the summer solstice and marks the beginning of the first month of summer in the elven solar calendar. Elves believe that all things under the sun occur in cycles. After Midaëte the days grow shorter and the dying commences - to last until the winter solstice. Summer Shrines erected on this day give praise to the sun and life, while acknowledging death's certainty.”</p>
</p>

Maybe this means Geralt has to meditate in front of a shrine somewhere in the Flotsam forest? Afterwards kill some nekkers?

thats sweet! well I have 3 copies of TW2, I have the retail copy installed! now time to remove it and put in the steam one :D

Adityathewarriorwithin said:
thats sweet! well I have 3 copies of TW2, I have the retail copy installed! now time to remove it and put in the steam one :D

I THINK you can just move the game folder under steam and "Verify integrity" so it can update, add dlc and whatever.

gab961111 said:
I think we need to play the witcher on a specific day to get the achievement.

Like Wednesday, June 20, 2012 perhaps? Which would mean we are too late if you meant the Summer soulstice.

Top Bottom