Changes to Gwent you want before Maintenance Mode

+
Before entering 'Maintenance Mode', what are the changes to Gwent you would like to see happen.

My list:

1) Make some Leader-abilities more versatile, like Royal Inspiration. RI used to be fine, just needed a little love, now it is Grace-archetype oriented, which kills independent deckbuilding and creativity. Same goes for many Leader-abilities like Blood Money, which is too Bounty-oriented. Bounty was fine as a support-archetype imo.

2) NG has some great cards like Yenvo, Letho, King Slayer, Assire, and others which have no Neutral, less powerful, equivalent.

3) Neutrals like Heatwave, Renfri, GN, etc have no Faction alternative.

4) Something done about cheese: Reavers, Tibor+Practitioner, Harmony, Vij and Vypper can be better.

5) Pellar is a Neutral and is sometimes better than Faction cards e.g. Sappers or Taskmaster.

6) Devotion can be stronger. For example the Vampire Devotion deck.

7) To be able to hide the Starter Decks.

Any thoughts?

My top priority would be attention to the interface/servers. At least on a mobile device, there are numerous decks/leaders/cards I simply can’t play because it gets too frustrating having the interface do things I don’t want or fail to do what I tell it to.

1. Stop automatic selection of leader abilities. Stop automatic selection at beginning of turn. Stop automatic selection when turn button or a card in hand is pressed.
2. Better manage target selection — especially for picking cards from a long list or targeting specials/orders. The selection often never occurs, other times it is so laggy that I retry (and undo) the action before it executes.
3. Allow an option to turn off all animations — I think the animations may be a source of lag/disconnect problems. At the very least they render lower time modes unplayable.
4. Deal with disconnect issues involving Gwent servers. On well over half the games I play, I experience brief 2-10 second disconnects — always when information would be processed by a server. Because this occurs across different wifi on my end and even with cellular data and because it occurs when other elements/processes are working fine with my wifi, I am convinced these issues are on the Gwent end. I also have been getting frequent game freezes both in play and in deck building — despite reinstalling Gwent and restarting the system multiple times.
5. Fix bug where card descriptions occasionally (in game) remain on screen and obstruct vision of the board.

UMA22

Forum regular
1- remove the last patch about non neutral cards, it just broke the game and make NG has no limits annarietta become better than radovid, damien de la tour and even renfri, and all the assimilation cards has now much more possibilities
2- NG nerf
-change jan calveit ability, to Something totaly différent, it not fine when with others factions u have to put card like orneo, royal decre .... when with NG u just need to put jan calveit and u will be sure to draw all ur strongest cards
-make Vigefrost 11 provisions like it alway should been
-make yenvo 10 provision to be out of GN decks but also bc it should be 10 or more
-make illisionist 5 provisions, not sure dev know that a 4 provision cards creating cards that can be 6 provision from ennemi graveyard is not fine
-change the The Eternal Eclipse senario Chapter 1, just remove this part ''then increase this value by 1 if it was a bronze''
and make Eternal Eclipse Initiate 5 provision, NG has no problems playing multiples cultists in the same round and using the initiate order on a Duchess's Informant and get a 10 or more bossted one appearing on ur side it not fine either, also soldiers shouldnt be able to be infused by the cultist tag that will avoid the cultist senario to be uncountreble bc of affan Hillergrand
-make Affan Hillergrand 8 provisions, dont know why it 10
-Kingslayer should send the top card to graveyard instead of banishing it, give him adrenaline of 2 or 3 to banish, few cards are able to bannish, why NG should have an easy bronze one ?
-make Philippe Van Moorlehem couldown 2, reduce the couldown by 1 each time u play a vamp
this card was relased to be equal to other faction cards like Rayla, Nithral and pavko gale, now it has 6 body strength and no more row condition and also get zeal if u control a vamp, so sorry but adding poison/lock statue each round is far better than doing 2 dammage points
-make Practitioner no more able to create card with more than 10 provisions
i think just this should be enough to fix the game.

1- remove the last patch about non neutral cards, it just broke the game and make NG has no limits annarietta become better than radovid, damien de la tour and even renfri, and all the assimilation cards has now much more possibilities
2- NG nerf
-change jan calveit ability, to Something totaly différent, it not fine when with others factions u have to put card like orneo, royal decre .... when with NG u just need to put jan calveit and u will be sure to draw all ur strongest cards
-make Vigefrost 11 provisions like it alway should been
-make yenvo 10 provision to be out of GN decks but also bc it should be 10 or more
-make illisionist 5 provisions, not sure dev know that a 4 provision cards creating cards that can be 6 provision from ennemi graveyard is not fine
-change the The Eternal Eclipse senario Chapter 1, just remove this part ''then increase this value by 1 if it was a bronze''
and make Eternal Eclipse Initiate 5 provision, NG has no problems playing multiples cultists in the same round and using the initiate order on a Duchess's Informant and get a 10 or more bossted one appearing on ur side it not fine either, also soldiers shouldnt be able to be infused by the cultist tag that will avoid the cultist senario to be uncountreble bc of affan Hillergrand
-make Affan Hillergrand 8 provisions, dont know why it 10
-Kingslayer should send the top card to graveyard instead of banishing it, give him adrenaline of 2 or 3 to banish, few cards are able to bannish, why NG should have an easy bronze one ?
-make Philippe Van Moorlehem couldown 2, reduce the couldown by 1 each time u play a vamp
this card was relased to be equal to other faction cards like Rayla, Nithral and pavko gale, now it has 6 body strength and no more row condition and also get zeal if u control a vamp, so sorry but adding poison/lock statue each round is far better than doing 2 dammage points
-make Practitioner no more able to create card with more than 10 provisions
i think just this should be enough to fix the game.
Yes, this would be a good start, most patches from WoW and onwards could be revised.

NG:
1. Rework Slave Driver and Nauzicaa Sergeant, asap.
2. Limit Vilgefortz that he summons only 10 less provision cost top unit.
3. Yennefer's Invocation should be 10p.
4. Rework Traheaern var Vdyffir, Kingslayer ( Delete Mill ), Fringilla Vigo, Letho of Gulet, Ceallach Dyffryn, Vattier de Rideaux, Sweers, Angry Mob.
5. Affan Hillergrand should be summoned or have veil. So Cultist deck can't abuse him.
6. Cap Imperial Practitioner to Spawn a base copy of the last card which is 10 or less provision.
7. Reduce the point out that Cultist does.

NR.
1. Rework Reaver Scout and Reaver Hunter, asap.
2. Rework Síle de Tansarville, Falibor, Black Rayla, Mad Kiyan, Prince Stennis, Prophet Lebioda, Dethmold, Mad Kiyan, Bloody Flail, Coodcoodak, Field Medic, Kaedweni Sergeant, and Kerack Cutthroat.
3. Swap the ability of Hubert to Bloody Baron. Also, change Bloody Baron inspired part to " Also, Drain it by 2. "
4. increase the intial damage of Philippa: Blind Fury to 5. Or better rework her completely.
5.Viraxas: King's passive he should at least give Zeal to soldiers along with 1 point boost.
6. Shani make her 9 provision.
7.Reduce the point out that Knight does.
8. Remove Inspired part from Timer for Queen Meve.
9. Add Cooldown: 1 to Cintrian Artificer.
10. Buff Keria to 7 power and 8 provision.
11. AA's provison change to 13p
12. Make a proper NR Cursed archetype.

ST.
1. Give us way to clear up board space in Symbios deck.
2. Rework Trained Hawk, Dryad Grovekeeper, Hawker Healer, Oakcritters, Panther, Saesenthessis, Braenn, Prism Pendant, Blue Mountain Elite.
3. Reduce the point out that Harmony does.
4. Add Devotion to Pavko like Devotion: Order can be used in any row. Or something like that.

SK.
1. Sigvald should take damage if order is used up.
2. Fulmar should be 10.
3. Messenger of the Sea should have cap like if this unit have at 12 power then lock self.

I don't play MO and SY much but I would say buff Arachas Swarm and Passiflora. Also, there might be more things I would like to see change before 2024 but these are some that I would like to see change asap.

Last edited:
After returning after 2 years because of the Draft update I would like a change to make it so you can't re-draft if you don't like your deck. I am sitting on 32000 coin, but I refuse to re-draft. 1. It is completely unfair to newer players who are not sitting on unlimited coin. 2. Newer players are further hindered when faced with an experienced player who has re-drafted several times over to get an optimal deck. This will drive many players away. I 've played a little every day since the last patch and it's somewhat obvious this is the case. This mode is even more casual than it used to be, being the time limit and no contracts; however, there seem to be a fair amount of tryhards ruining my casual fun by obvious re-drafting. I get a greater sense of thrill and accomplishment if I win useing a Syndicate leader ability in Draft now and with the cards I actually draft rather than if I were to use my unlimited coin to get a somewhat OP deck.

Last edited:

UMA22

Forum regular
NR.
1. Rework Reaver Scout and Reaver Hunter, asap.
there's absolutly no problem with reavers, there's a lot of anty card to them just need a smart playing
they will lose against MO kelltulis, Thrive with Drowner and Cursed Damsel, but also with Sir Scratch-A-Lot bc it will become the strongest unit and playing him each round make him not taking dammage, also with vamp if u bring him to a short round u just need to drop regis, even the wild hunt will beat them by moving the units to the other row
ST can beat them with traps + eldain, but they also have a lot of solution to move units to the other row
NG, have locks, Emhyr and Amnesty so u can steal the reavers, can full the row with their spys, can create copy of reavers etc
SK have svalblod and sigvald, i think they can't beat the warriors+raid deck either
so i think they are just fine,
they are annoying sure but they have many weakness, and many dont know how to play them seen a lot playing them without ildiko
1. Give us way to clear up board space in Symbios deck.
if Naiad Pondkeeper could just destroy the Wandering Treant instead of reseting it
1. Sigvald should take damage if order is used up.
it his purpose, he's there to counter control deck wich is really needed in the game control decks are being far stronger than boosting one just bc of the lac of similar card to sigvald, and u just need to not hit him, u can alway lock, poison or just destroy/ban him
12. Make a proper NR Cursed archetype.
intresting
Post automatically merged:

Yes, this would be a good start, most patches from WoW and onwards could be revised.
3-ST

-Feign Death senario, chapiter 1 spawn a Sorceress of Dol Blathanna and boost it by 2 instead

-Aucwenn, devotion this card start in ur hand

-Saskia: Commander not sure about this one but i think the timer should be 4

-Iorveth's Gambit nobody's playing it bc it far better to play traps with saskia, i think it should be changed to something to play card from ur decks st has a lack of that, make it with something that work with harmony maybe

-do something with saskia harmony

-Water of Brokilon why it cost 11 provision to create two 4 provision cards, it shoud be 9

-give something else to Ithlinne Aegli giving 4 point boost it not enough for a 10 provision card

-Iorveth add him, if u dont control a trap play a random one from ur deck

-Zoltan Chivay make him 10 provisions and change his deploy ability to play a dwarf with provision cost equal to the armor of this unit then draw a card

- do something with Milaen never seen someone playing it

-Morenn make it use both of her deploy row ability with a condition, it a 6 provision card and Alba Armored Cavalry are better

- make Bountiful Harvest 5 provisions

-make Giantslayer 5 provisions

-give a way to Sorceress of Dol Blathanna to get zeal when deployed

- Farseer do something else if all units in ur hand are boosted, dammage an ennemi unit by the number of the boosted units in ur hand for example

-Hawker Smuggler 5 provisions

-Circle of Life, add it if the target survive then play a copy of this card from ur deck

-Half-Elf Hunter i think this should be a lock unit, why NG should be the only one having bronze cards lock ?

-Dol Blathanna Archer add to it whenever u spawn an Elven Deadeye dammage a random unit by 1

-Vrihedd Vanguard make it 4 provisions or make it 4 body strenght

4-NR

-Melitele, corne add it, add 1 use to the prietesst in ur deck

-Philippa: Blind Fury, body strenght 4, deploy dammage ennemi unit by 2, Increase the dammage by 1 for each unit with Patience you played this game.

-Bronwen the Bold, order change to order an allied unit to fight in duel an ennemi unit

-Seltkirk of Gulet, provision cost 8 body strenght 4 grace of 8 get zeal, and same order ability, give Prince Anséis something similar but also get a shield

-change Nenneke to something that work with melitele and the priestest

-Vissegerd, grace or motivation, this unit get zeal

-Margarita Laux-Antille, body strenght 4 deploy lock and ennemi unit, order lock an unit, no more zeal

-Runeword provision 5

-Griffin Witcher Ranger, can choose an allied row too, order dammage random ennemi units for each point boost and renitialate the strenght of this unit, for each deathblow draw a cards and shuffle the same number of cards

-Griffin Witcher Mentor make it adrenaline of 6 and 5 body strenght

-Cintrian Enchantress change to purify an allied unit if it a mage give it vitality for 2 turn, bounded can purify an ennemi unit

-Cursed Knight make it 5 provisions, and can transfom bronze ennemi units too, if u control a knight

-Cintrian Knight deploy fight in duel instead

the problem with NR knight is that they are just boosting and have no solution to defend that's why it need more duel

-Ban Ard Tutor change to move an unit, if it an allied mage boost it by 4

-Uprising, change this ability to something that work with mages, spawn a golem and if u control a mage give it defender statue for example, and can add to it when ever u play a spell boost an allied unit by 1

-Raffard’s Vengeance, addit it, deploy if have/control more than 5 mages give this unit zeal

-Shieldwall and Inspired Zeal change to boost to 3

-Pincer Maneuver, give it 3 uses or spawn an Aedirnian Mauler or another forgoten 4 provision soldier with orders intead

-Síle de Tansarville, 8 provison, play a spell from ur deck

-Ronvid the Incessant, 10 provision, order fight an ennemi unit in duel deathwish increase the initial strenght of this unit by 1, whenever u play a knight summon this unit from deck or graveyard, this unit cannot be boosted

5 MO

-Urn of Shadows am i the only one whe see there's a problem with this stratagem ? make it Trigger Deathwish of a BRONZE allied unit

-The Manor’s Dark Secret, give it something like jan calveit move self up by one position in the deck for each Thrive in your starting deck, not like NG but MO really need it

-Tir ná Lia, play a bronze wild hund unit from ur deck instead

- Lilit's Omen give it also the organic tag

-Imlerith make it 8 provisions, and if the discarded card is a wild hunt card play it instead, this card look close to fercart but work with units instead of special cards and cost 2 provisions more also fercart give spy status whenever u play a special card and have no row condition it look fair to me to put it like this

-Imlerith's Wrath make it destroy an unit also if u control imlerith like it use to be, as it the only removal card MO have it not faire to making it work only with white Frost

-Aen Elle Slave Trader, need an easier condition, why not lock an ennemi unit if it has frost on her row instead ?

-Ghoul can eat a bronze unit from ennemi graveyard on the other row

-Ice Giant do something about, why not something to play a card and draw one that work with Thrive

-Wild Hunt Bruiser strenght of 4 provision of 4

-Arachas Nest, spawn 6 Drones

-Spontaneous Evolution give a condition to use two options like for SY mutagenes and change the option about Ogroids

-Endrega Queen, Barricade just spawn a drone no more self dammage

-Red Riders, Dominance give it also the option to create a bronze wild hunt unit

6 SK

-Battle Trance, give it something else or plus with the heal, not sure the heal is worthy

-Ursine Ritual dammage self by 5 the get a 6 provision unit ?? does that make any sense ? need something more

-Cerys an Craite should have some immunity that she cannot be banned from the game, it a wincon card shouldt be that easy to remove

-Drummond Queensguard, Drummond Shieldmaiden both should be 4 provision as u need to damage them to get their ability

-Crowmother would be nice if she become something that work like madoc but with Alchemy card instead and with rain

-Dagur Two Blades, should play a 4 provision warriors when he deploy bc he clearly dont worth 10 provision

-Kambi should be 8 point strenght he just send cards from hand to grayards, Traheaern var Vdyffir allow u to choose one of three ennemi cards from his deck to send to graveyard without sending one from ur deck, i know it not the same that's why kambi cost 10

-Lippy Gudmund should be 8 strenght too, he just swith deck and graveyard

-Raiding Fleet allow u to choose between 3 random bronze ship from ur deck to play

-Derran sending a card from ur deck to ur graveyard it something bad then why it dammage self by 3 when he does ? it should be the opposite

-Little Havfrue, order dammage this unit by for and spawn and play Tears of Siren, mean u get 2 point for waiting a turn to play the rain, it just to improve the Battle Trance archetype

-Heymaey Skald strength 5

-Junod of Belhaven if there's no dammaged unit destroy one with 3 body strenght or less

7 SY

-Blood Money the ability start with 5 dammage instead of 6

-In Search of Forgotten Treasures, prologue spawn Flyndr's Crew instead, a copy for each time ur reached Hoard 9 during this game, Chapter 1 Hoard 8: At the end of your turn, gain enough Coins to fill your pouch, Chapter 2 spawn Gudrun Bjornsdottir, that also mean remove flyndr's crew as a card

-Gudrun Bjornsdottir Hoard 8

-Pulling The Strings i agree this one deserve to be 6 provision but when i see Amnesty cost only 5 provisions and have no condition i think this one too should be 5 too

-Shady Vendor give back his Blindeyes tag

-Treasure Huntress, Hoard 8

-give SY a bronze card that play card from hand and draw one

-Pirate's Cove, gain 2 coins too

8-NT

-Oneiromancy this card start in ur hand, it not fine to put a 13 provisions card in ur deck to help u make ur deck work and dont draw it, should also allow if the card played is a 4 provision cost play another 4 provision cost card and banish this card

-Geralt: Professional, make it a special card, and change it to create a geralt card, and make axii and yrden cost 10

-Ciri: Dash make it 9 provisions, and also add it deploy choose a card to draw

-create a new card to go with GN with an ability that increase with the number of ciri cards in ur starting deck, just like Zoltan's Company

-Dandelion: Poet make it 9 provisions

-Dandelion: Vainglory do something about it

-Land of a Thousand Fables, remove the ''from the same faction'' part

-Radeyah: Deploy (Melee): create and spawn a faction stratageme on this row, mean u can play ST and get NR stratageme

-Regis: Bloodlust: provision 8

-Vesemir, Lambert, Eskel: stenght 4 and adrenaline of 6

-and finnaly make some shared factions cards, for example, Hubert Rejk can be played with MO or SY and it make sens with the game story, also

Rainfarn of Attre can be played with NR, Vincent Van Moorlehem with MO ...., why SY is the only one sharing her cards, are all the others factions stingy ?

Last edited:
there's absolutly no problem with reavers, there's a lot of anty card to them just need a smart playing.
This is absolutely false.

First, there are not a lot of counters: virtually everything you listed is of two characteristics — a tall card that is virtually unassailable or absurd amounts of removal. In a well balanced game, every reasonably constructed deck should have mechanisms to contest every card. In its present form, there are far more decks that are auto-lose to reavers than decks that create a decent match. Whenever a match is decided solely by matchup and not by player agency, something is wrong. The existence of binary counters does not make a deck OK.

Second, no card should be so powerful that one either has a tactical counter or loses. Not countering (and either outpointing or strategically responding) must always be a viable option to avoid binary play.

Third, smart play has nothing to do with beating Reavers — it is all about matchup (with a little luck). There is little opportunity for strategic response, and no counter in decks is a virtually certain loss. My last game against Reavers is a typical example. I was lucky enough to be an playing NG copycat deck — actually one that proved to be poorly constructed. But I could match Hunter for Hunter in round three. I generally played horribly — overlooking obvious plays, forgetting to execute orders, playing row locked units to wrong row, not playing around obvious cards. But I still won the match for two reasons. My opponent played well in round one and carried the round. Which meant after a dry pass to get a long round three, I got first say to set up my hunters before my opponent could set up his. And somewhere along the line I got a random Kaedweni Revanent that gave me extra spawning and extra removal. A truly brilliant victory!

You did get one thing right: Reaver Hunters are not really the problem — it is the ability to make multiple copies of them that is the problem. Technically, Hunters are only two point a turn engines which is not unreasonable in Gwent’s current powercrept state. The problem is that the engine value is removal and 4 to 6 copies is sufficient to destroy all engines able to match the Reaver output. And that so many copies are possible that rows of Hunters can be created in every round so there is no real strategic response either. It’s hard to win round 1 to be able to bleed and if you do win round 1, it’s hard to bleed round two deep enough to have a 3 card round three without going down multiple cards.

Get rid of Hunter copiers: Renew, Garrison, Truffle, Adalia, Shani, Pavetta, Necromancy, Operator, Reinforcements, Casting Contest, Reaver Scout, Teleportation, Megascope, and Mobilization and Hunters would be no problem. In fact, you would fix a half dozen other broken NR and NG cards. Or you can fix all cards that give increasing value when frequently copied.

I actually disagree with virtually every adjustment you propose to the other cards — they improve already OP cards without addressing dozens of never used cards, they reduce possible responses to most cards, they remove balancing drawbacks of already powerful cards, they promote a very narrow meta, and they tend to be highly binary. That is not the Gwent I want to play.

I am sure you disagree, and you are not “wrong” to do so. We clearly have very different likes and different visions for the game. And that really highlights the challenge of a community balancing scheme.

Last edited:
there's absolutly no problem with reavers, there's a lot of anty card to them just need a smart playing
they will lose against MO kelltulis, Thrive with Drowner and Cursed Damsel, but also with Sir Scratch-A-Lot bc it will become the strongest unit and playing him each round make him not taking dammage, also with vamp if u bring him to a short round u just need to drop regis, even the wild hunt will beat them by moving the units to the other row
ST can beat them with traps + eldain, but they also have a lot of solution to move units to the other row
NG, have locks, Emhyr and Amnesty so u can steal the reavers, can full the row with their spys, can create copy of reavers etc
SK have svalblod and sigvald, i think they can't beat the warriors+raid deck either
so i think they are just fine,
they are annoying sure but they have many weakness, and many dont know how to play them seen a lot playing them without ildiko

if Naiad Pondkeeper could just destroy the Wandering Treant instead of reseting it

it his purpose, he's there to counter control deck wich is really needed in the game control decks are being far stronger than boosting one just bc of the lac of similar card to sigvald, and u just need to not hit him, u can alway lock, poison or just destroy/ban him

intresting

3-ST

-Feign Death senario, chapiter 1 spawn a Sorceress of Dol Blathanna and boost it by 2 instead

-Aucwenn, devotion this card start in ur hand

-Saskia: Commander not sure about this one but i think the timer should be 4

-Iorveth's Gambit nobody's playing it bc it far better to play traps with saskia, i think it should be changed to something to play card from ur decks st has a lack of that, make it with something that work with harmony maybe

-do something with saskia harmony

-Water of Brokilon why it cost 11 provision to create two 4 provision cards, it shoud be 9

-give something else to Ithlinne Aegli giving 4 point boost it not enough for a 10 provision card

-Iorveth add him, if u dont control a trap play a random one from ur deck

-Zoltan Chivay make him 10 provisions and change his deploy ability to play a dwarf with provision cost equal to the armor of this unit then draw a card

- do something with Milaen never seen someone playing it

-Morenn make it use both of her deploy row ability with a condition, it a 6 provision card and Alba Armored Cavalry are better

- make Bountiful Harvest 5 provisions

-make Giantslayer 5 provisions

-give a way to Sorceress of Dol Blathanna to get zeal when deployed

- Farseer do something else if all units in ur hand are boosted, dammage an ennemi unit by the number of the boosted units in ur hand for example

-Hawker Smuggler 5 provisions

-Circle of Life, add it if the target survive then play a copy of this card from ur deck

-Half-Elf Hunter i think this should be a lock unit, why NG should be the only one having bronze cards lock ?

-Dol Blathanna Archer add to it whenever u spawn an Elven Deadeye dammage a random unit by 1

-Vrihedd Vanguard make it 4 provisions or make it 4 body strenght

4-NR

-Melitele, corne add it, add 1 use to the prietesst in ur deck

-Philippa: Blind Fury, body strenght 4, deploy dammage ennemi unit by 2, Increase the dammage by 1 for each unit with Patience you played this game.

-Bronwen the Bold, order change to order an allied unit to fight in duel an ennemi unit

-Seltkirk of Gulet, provision cost 8 body strenght 4 grace of 8 get zeal, and same order ability, give Prince Anséis something similar but also get a shield

-change Nenneke to something that work with melitele and the priestest

-Vissegerd, grace or motivation, this unit get zeal

-Margarita Laux-Antille, body strenght 4 deploy lock and ennemi unit, order lock an unit, no more zeal

-Runeword provision 5

-Griffin Witcher Ranger, can choose an allied row too, order dammage random ennemi units for each point boost and renitialate the strenght of this unit, for each deathblow draw a cards and shuffle the same number of cards

-Griffin Witcher Mentor make it adrenaline of 6 and 5 body strenght

-Cintrian Enchantress change to purify an allied unit if it a mage give it vitality for 2 turn, bounded can purify an ennemi unit

-Cursed Knight make it 5 provisions, and can transfom bronze ennemi units too, if u control a knight

-Cintrian Knight deploy fight in duel instead

the problem with NR knight is that they are just boosting and have no solution to defend that's why it need more duel

-Ban Ard Tutor change to move an unit, if it an allied mage boost it by 4

-Uprising, change this ability to something that work with mages, spawn a golem and if u control a mage give it defender statue for example, and can add to it when ever u play a spell boost an allied unit by 1

-Raffard’s Vengeance, addit it, deploy if have/control more than 5 mages give this unit zeal

-Shieldwall and Inspired Zeal change to boost to 3

-Pincer Maneuver, give it 3 uses or spawn an Aedirnian Mauler or another forgoten 4 provision soldier with orders intead

-Ronvid the Incessant, 10 provision, order fight an ennemi unit in duel deathwish increase the initial strenght of this unit by 1, whenever u play a knight summon this unit from deck or graveyard, this unit cannot be boosted

5 MO

-Urn of Shadows am i the only one whe see there's a problem with this stratagem ? make it Trigger Deathwish of a BRONZE allied unit

-The Manor’s Dark Secret, give it something like jan calveit move self up by one position in the deck for each Thrive in your starting deck, not like NG but MO really need it

-Tir ná Lia, play a bronze wild hund unit from ur deck instead

- Lilit's Omen give it also the organic tag

-Imlerith make it 8 provisions, and if the discarded card is a wild hunt card play it instead, this card look close to fercart but work with units instead of special cards and cost 2 provisions more also fercart give spy status whenever u play a special card and have no row condition it look fair to me to put it like this

-Imlerith's Wrath make it destroy an unit also if u control imlerith like it use to be, as it the only removal card MO have it not faire to making it work only with white Frost

-Aen Elle Slave Trader, need an easier condition, why not lock an ennemi unit if it has frost on her row instead ?

-Ghoul can eat a bronze unit from ennemi graveyard on the other row

-Ice Giant do something about, why not something to play a card and draw one that work with Thrive

-Wild Hunt Bruiser strenght of 4 provision of 4

-Arachas Nest, spawn 6 Drones

-Spontaneous Evolution give a condition to use two options like for SY mutagenes and change the option about Ogroids

-Endrega Queen, Barricade just spawn a drone no more self dammage

-Red Riders, Dominance give it also the option to create a bronze wild hunt unit

6 SK

-Battle Trance, give it something else or plus with the heal, not sure the heal is worthy

-Ursine Ritual dammage self by 5 the get a 6 provision unit ?? does that make any sense ? need something more

-Cerys an Craite should have some immunity that she cannot be banned from the game, it a wincon card shouldt be that easy to remove

-Drummond Queensguard, Drummond Shieldmaiden both should be 4 provision as u need to damage them to get their ability

-Crowmother would be nice if she become something that work like madoc but with Alchemy card instead and with rain

-Dagur Two Blades, should play a 4 provision warriors when he deploy bc he clearly dont worth 10 provision

-Kambi should be 8 point strenght he just send cards from hand to grayards, Traheaern var Vdyffir allow u to choose one of three ennemi cards from his deck to send to graveyard without sending one from ur deck, i know it not the same that's why kambi cost 10

-Lippy Gudmund should be 8 strenght too, he just swith deck and graveyard

-Raiding Fleet allow u to choose between 3 random bronze ship from ur deck to play

-Derran sending a card from ur deck to ur graveyard it something bad then why it dammage self by 3 when he does ? it should be the opposite

-Little Havfrue, order dammage this unit by for and spawn and play Tears of Siren, mean u get 2 point for waiting a turn to play the rain, it just to improve the Battle Trance archetype

-Heymaey Skald strength 5

-Junod of Belhaven if there's no dammaged unit destroy one with 3 body strenght or less

7 SY

-Blood Money the ability start with 5 dammage instead of 6

-In Search of Forgotten Treasures, prologue spawn Flyndr's Crew instead, a copy for each time ur reached Hoard 9 during this game, Chapter 1 Hoard 8: At the end of your turn, gain enough Coins to fill your pouch, Chapter 2 spawn Gudrun Bjornsdottir, that also mean remove flyndr's crew as a card

-Gudrun Bjornsdottir Hoard 8

-Pulling The Strings i agree this one deserve to be 6 provision but when i see Amnesty cost only 5 provisions and have no condition i think this one too should be 5 too

-Shady Vendor give back his Blindeyes tag

-Treasure Huntress, Hoard 8

-give SY a bronze card that play card from hand and draw one

-Pirate's Cove, gain 2 coins too

8-NT

-Oneiromancy this card start in ur hand, it not fine to put a 13 provisions card in ur deck to help u make ur deck work and dont draw it, should also allow if the card played is a 4 provision cost play another 4 provision cost card and banish this card

-Geralt: Professional, make it a special card, and change it to create a geralt card, and make axii and yrden cost 10

-Ciri: Dash make it 9 provisions, and also add it deploy choose a card to draw

-create a new card to go with GN with an ability that increase with the number of ciri cards in ur starting deck, just like Zoltan's Company

-Dandelion: Poet make it 9 provisions

-Dandelion: Vainglory do something about it

-Land of a Thousand Fables, remove the ''from the same faction'' part

-Radeyah: Deploy (Melee): create and spawn a faction stratageme on this row, mean u can play ST and get NR stratageme

-Regis: Bloodlust: provision 8

-Vesemir, Lambert, Eskel: stenght 4 and adrenaline of 6

-and finnaly make some shared factions cards, for example, Hubert Rejk can be played with MO or SY and it make sens with the game story, also

Rainfarn of Attre can be played with NR, Vincent Van Moorlehem with MO ...., why SY is the only one sharing her cards, are all the others factions stingy ?
Bro bro calm down. Clam down. Changes you are proposing are dangerous. Just imagine Ciri Dash in Golden Nekker deck. On top of that you can now select a card which you want to draw. Just imagine.

Then it's just old Keria. I think Sheela should be a Revant support card like Sabrina. You can see my idea of Sheela in Card Ideas Thread.

Last edited:
What i want to change - immediately - is that devs finally recognize in which terribly binary state they brought this game during the last year and stop releasing absolutely broken crap.

I played about 15 games yesterday and today morning. About 10 of them were against either reavers or nekker pirates. These decks are so stupid, frustrating and boring to play against. Everyone of these very skilled opponents used EXACTLY THE SAME netdeck. I will never understand people who enjoy copying some broken deck from another player, then frustrate others with this and think they actually have any skill - but thats another topic.

When you Play against these decks you always know what comes next - and still lose most games thanks to so many broken cards. ALL problematic cards/combos in these decks and 95-100% of broken stuff in the whole game are products of last years carddrops/patches.

Its getting worse with each new carddrop. And if it continues like this - what i am sadly pretty sure about - the game will at the end have a state in which its just unplayable if you don’t belong to the majority of players who enjoy braindead broken decks as long as they win with it.

There are so many cards that are problematic by design, no matter what provision or base strenght they have, that a Community based balancing will never be able to deal with it. So if devs don’t begin to fix those cards the game will be dead very soon after the end of support.

And since im pretty sure they will act exactly the opposite way and create even worse cards i personally think it would have been better to end the „support“ of creating new cards before the golden nekker carddrop last year.

A couple of big ticket proposals:
  1. The graveyard needs to go back to being a graveyard. In its current form, it’s more of a hospital or a “played-once-pile”. Half of the strategic fun with older iterations of Gwent was the calculation ”do I play it now and win the round, or save it if I need it for a future round?“, and there are too many cards that do away with that decision altogether.
  2. The ranking system needs to be modified so that players should have to show some competence on multiple strategies/factions in order to level up past a certain point. While it might make for slower advancement (players may not rank up as quickly), it also would mitigate some of the frustration that comes when a broken strategy gets introduced - or when that strategy gets nerfed or powercrept. The current system has created this ”binky deck” mentality where players adopt a broken or obnoxious deck, then go onto forums to defend said deck when the majority of players would rather see that strategy disappear altogether. (For reference, go back a few years to the debates around the NG Poison package.)

Some minor ones:
  1. Reduce the time allowed per turn by 15 seconds.
  2. Remove the chicken icon next to the “Forfeit” button, and if there exists some XP penalty for forfeiting, remove it. There should be no disincentive to move onto another match when the current one gets out of hand.
Card-specific (things that can’t be fixed with a simple power/provision fix)
  1. Reavers should have the “barricade“ condition added to trigger the end-of-turn ability.
  2. Make scenarios their own class of card, and bring back artifact removal.

Some minor ones:
  2. Remove the chicken icon next to the “Forfeit” button, and if there exists some XP penalty for forfeiting, remove it. There should be no disincentive to move onto another match when the current one gets out of hand.
I don’t know about some of these. I understand the desire for faster matches. But, in the current state of the mobile interface, I can easily consume 30 or more seconds simply trying to get the interface to actually execute my desired actions. Reducing time 15 seconds would virtually exclude me from playing any cards with charges, any cards that require targeting more than one unit, and any cards that require selection from a list (these actions are very inefficient on my phone). I strongly suspect such a change without fixing the interface would force me to quit playing.

Changing rules regarding forfeiting is not as trivial as you might think. Experience is linked to cards played and rounds completed. Forfeiting means fewer cards played and the last round is not counted. Many quests and contracts are also disrupted by forfeit — including those of the opponent (I recently was denied a contract to win a round by over 100 points because my opponent chose to forfeit when a pass would have accomplished the same thing). Moreover, in ranked play, a forfeit should be at least as disadvantageous as a loss — and losses hurt rank progress.

I would actually like to see stricter rules to discourage very early forfeits. It is discouraging to wait in a queue 5 minutes for a match (and when official support ends, we can expect longer queue times), only to have an opponent forfeit without playing a card.

Also, some extremely binary decks are actually quite weak because their success requires a relatively improbable round 1 hand. Forfeiting being an easy out when a less than idea hand is drawn discourages people from considering consistency in deck design/choice.

Finally, I frequently play all neutral, create-and-play-lots-of-cards decks to complete quests. They are not strong — they are designed to play lots of cards, not win rounds. But they are competitive against weak decks or opponents. I had been playing them with different leaders so they can help with leader based contracts. But I found a lot of forfeiting when I tried to use the deck with a NG leader. Players quitting without even seeing my deck is ridiculous. And it hurts me because there are days when I have 30 minutes I can play and waiting in a queue without even getting a real game is very frustrating.

I would like to see a system where any forfeit prior to a card being played by both players results in a cool down period equal to the time the opposing player spent waiting in the queue before the player who forfeited can rejoin the queue for another match. I think this would go a long way towards addressing the type of impatience that destroys another player’s fun.

Card-specific (things that can’t be fixed with a simple power/provision fix)
  1. Reavers should have the “barricade“ condition added to trigger the end-of-turn ability.
  2. Make scenarios their own class of card, and bring back artifact removal.
I’m not sold on artifact removal. It has a tradition of being extremely binary — great value if an opponent plays a good artifact and utter garbage otherwise. And some artifacts (e.g. Ard Feainn, Mutagenerator) require significant sacrifice to even play; easy removal would not feel good. I think a better idea is to use better discretion in the artifacts released. Powerful Artifacts with ongoing effects should probably not exist.

Last edited:
Playing ladder, i use SY crimes.insanity (cutupps.crownspitters) i drop last card. It's 55 me 23 opponent Nilgaard oc. Then NG last card, wins 72 - 55. Fuck this.

correction NG wins 74 - 55 (it was Triss Renfri deck)

I don’t know about some of these. I understand the desire for faster matches. But, in the current state of the mobile interface, I can easily consume 30 or more seconds simply trying to get the interface to actually execute my desired actions. Reducing time 15 seconds would virtually exclude me from playing any cards with charges, any cards that require targeting more than one unit, and any cards that require selection from a list (these actions are very inefficient on my phone). I strongly suspect such a change without fixing the interface would force me to quit playing.

Fair enough. I play on a tablet, and gave up on the phone years ago, for much the reason that you say.

Changing rules regarding forfeiting is not as trivial as you might think. Experience is linked to cards played and rounds completed. Forfeiting means fewer cards played and the last round is not counted. Many quests and contracts are also disrupted by forfeit — including those of the opponent (I recently was denied a contract to win a round by over 100 points because my opponent chose to forfeit when a pass would have accomplished the same thing). Moreover, in ranked play, a forfeit should be at least as disadvantageous as a loss — and losses hurt rank progress.

This seems... fixable? A forfeit should work like a both-sides-pass-with-cards-in-hand - just count the round and end it. If I forfeit in R3 down over 100 points, my opponent should get their 100 pt contract. I get that there's some extra code involved to make that happen, but the current system just doesn't seem right. The alternative - I pass, expecting my opponent to also pass and end the match -- doesn't always happen. I've played matches where I passed with 3-4 cards to go and watched my opponent (rudely) play all their remaining cards. I called that behavior out once on Reddit, and was told "Tough. I got contracts to fill. If you don't like it, forfeit."

I’m not sold on artifact removal. It has a tradition of being extremely binary — great value if an opponent plays a good artifact and utter garbage otherwise. And some artifacts (e.g. Ard Feainn, Mutagenerator) require significant sacrifice to even play; easy removal would not feel good. I think a better idea is to use better discretion in the artifacts released. Powerful Artifacts with ongoing effects should probably not exist.

Fair - the intent behind my ask was to defang those all-traps-in-R3 decks - which are just hella annoying to play against. Open to a better idea on that...

Fair - the intent behind my ask was to defang those all-traps-in-R3 decks - which are just hella annoying to play against. Open to a better idea on that...
My solution to the extended unit less type of deck is to address the payoff card — simply do not allow significant payoff for actions that are essentially uninteractive. Change Eldain, and this abuse of traps disappears.

Of course, I would like to see traps bolstered to a point where they are individually playable. The archetype really deserves attention and has potential to be very tactically interesting.

Bro bro calm down. Clam down. Changes you are proposing are dangerous. Just imagine Ciri Dash in Golden Nekker deck. On top of that you can now select a card which you want to draw. Just imagine.
u have 4 rounds to kill it or lock, think it fine but can be wrong sure can't realise how sttrong it can be until u see it

Some minor ones:
they reduce it recently and i think now it fine, and there's cards that need time to play, perfect example play simlas with Bountiful Harvest, and also someties u need to count how much points are going to be in the turn with effect like bleeding etc to know if u can pass
again reavers, try play some with them u will see, they are more weak than anything else

My solution to the extended unit less type of deck is to address the payoff card — simply do not allow significant payoff for actions that are essentially uninteractive. Change Eldain, and this abuse of traps disappears.

Of course, I would like to see traps bolstered to a point where they are individually playable. The archetype really deserves attention and has potential to be very tactically interesting.
i used to think traps should disapears too, but i've used that deck to reach top few season ago and i've realised, it have it weakness, it will lose against boost decks like Royal Inspiration but will punish offensive decks like enslavement, it was easy for me to reach top when they were all playing double skellen deck, also not sure if it can still beat skellige warriors with Tyr
so making them disapear will just remove a counter to offensive decks especially now with madoc return

Last edited:
Top Bottom