Weird non-quest / non-event small occurrence in SouthEastern Hindarsfjall... ANY significance?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.P.P.

Forum veteran

HERE, WHERE GERALT'S ARROW-MARKER IS:

hindarsfjall_SouthEast.jpg

I was clearing Lurthen (previously an "Abandoned Site" - type of location) and I noticed this tiny path leading to the coast.

It has no markers nowhere either along it, or at its end, but I thought regardless:

"Hm... if there's a path, it's gotta lead somewhere, right... ?"

NOTE: This was the first time EVER that I had visited the spot during this playthrough.

In my approach towards Hindarsfjall, which I had just viisted for the first time, I approached it from the NorthWEST.
Thus, this wasn't a location i was RE-visiting from earlier. I HAD NEVER BEEN EVEN CLOSE TO IT.

---

So I followed it and encountered the sight of a tiny camp with a fireplace:

* One corpse of a Clan Heymaey Shieldmaiden, and 2 bandits which immediately went aggressive on me.

After killing them and looting their corpses, I noticed an already-killed bandit's corpse slightly further within the camp, which had already dropped loot.

Therefore, my assumption was that I had just missed some mini-event (yellow exclam mark side-quest), which I was supposed to interfere in.

---

So I reloaded my save and went down the same path.

This time I encountered a LIVE Shieldmaiden, with ONE bandit corpse, and NO loot.

"Drat it!! Late again!!" I thought, so I reloaded YET AGAIN.

---

The final time round, I encountered the Shieldmaiden again, but NO signs of bandit presence whatsoever.

NOTE: This was the first time EVER that I had visited the spot during this playthrough.
In my approach towards Hindarsfjall, which I had just viisted for the first time, I approached it from the NorthWEST.
Thus, this wasn't a location i was RE-visiting from earlier. I HAD NEVER BEEN EVEN CLOSE TO IT.

=======================

So, I guess my question is:

Is anyone able to enlighten me just WHAT this is all about? :O

hey, my guess is it's just the shieldmaiden casually killing the bandits sometimes. i encountered the same thing in novigrad for example, the city guards that walk around would sometimes stumble upon those little pockets of the city with bandits and smack them, and the loot from the bandits would be just laying around for me to pick up. so i guess you could say it's a micro-event, but not really lol, just parts of the world interacting and guards actually enforcing order in the area, not just standing around looking pretty :)

hey, my guess is it's just the shieldmaiden casually killing the bandits sometimes. i encountered the same thing in novigrad for example, the city guards that walk around would sometimes stumble upon those little pockets of the city with bandits and smack them, and the loot from the bandits would be just laying around for me to pick up. so i guess you could say it's a micro-event, but not really lol, just parts of the world interacting and guards actually enforcing order in the area, not just standing around looking pretty :)

I understand you, but that's a CITY, whereas Skellige is 90% wilderness.
Nowhere else in Skellige does this ever happen ! :O
EVER.

So that's why I'm wondering...

I understand you, but that's a CITY, whereas Skellige is 90% wilderness.
Nowhere else in Skellige does this ever happen ! :O
EVER.

So that's why I'm wondering...

so what if it's not a city? npcs still travel a lot around skellige, guards included
maybe you just haven't seen that happen anywhere else yet

A.P.P.

Forum veteran

so what if it's not a city? npcs still travel a lot around skellige, guards included
maybe you just haven't seen that happen anywhere else yet

Um... This is NOT Skуrim !! :O

What you expect to be "everyday Witcher-universe occurrence" is actually totally scripted.

I draw attention to this occasion precisely because it is 100% UNIQUE compared to everything else that we've become used to seeing in the Open in The Witcher 3 !!

To bei honest I've recognized events like that very often: In Novigrad between guards and bandits, in Skellige between warriors and wolves.
I think it' s random...

To bei honest I've recognized events like that very often: In Novigrad between guards and bandits, in Skellige between warriors and wolves.
I think it' s random...

This is very common. Random encounters. No script. Nothing special here.

NOT in SKELLIGE.

It only happens in Novigrad's shadier areas, (i.e. The Bits).
There you can see stuff like Whoreson's men engaging with the town guard or a rival gang.

Any other such occurrences are ALWAYS marked by AN EXCLAMATION MARK.
(i.e. Knights in Distress in Toussaint OR incidents in war-torn Velen OR mini-side-quests in Skellige)

That's the entire point of this thread:
If I had already seen stuff like this in Skellige before, I would have not even bothered to post it,
as I would have considered such an occurrence COMPLETELY NORMAL AND REGULAR... ~_~

Fact is: you are ignoring the facts because you only saw it happen once, in one place.

Many of us have told you that we already saw it happen, multiple times, outside Novigrad, in the wilderness, and yet, you deny.

It happens in front of your eyes and, still, you deny.

So there is no point here, you already convinced yourself despite the obvious and all testimonies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom