Crossplay not working

+
So, i recently bought the Witcher 3 for PS5, used to play it on my brother's PS4 GOTY version. First time i got the normal PS5 version, crossplay worked a treat, but wouldn't work because i didn't have the DLC. No biggie, i refunded it and got the complete edition.

Crossplay doesn't work. At all. I tried everything, but the saves. Just. Won't. Transfer. I get like an hour or two to play every so often and it has taken me the better part of an hour. Nothing works.

I tried logging out and back in to the GoG account on the console in various orders. They are both at 4.02. I tried checkpoints, autosaves, manual saves, restarting the console, even the cache clearing. Nothing.

Having the same issue. When I go to save in a new slot the cloud icon is there but as soon as it saves and I go to load there is no icon. I have tried everything without luck. Not sure what is going on.

Same issue here. Played before between steam deck and ps5, after 4.02 stopped syncing and no icons.

So, i recently bought the Witcher 3 for PS5, used to play it on my brother's PS4 GOTY version. First time i got the normal PS5 version, crossplay worked a treat, but wouldn't work because i didn't have the DLC. No biggie, i refunded it and got the complete edition.

Crossplay doesn't work. At all. I tried everything, but the saves. Just. Won't. Transfer. I get like an hour or two to play every so often and it has taken me the better part of an hour. Nothing works.

I tried logging out and back in to the GoG account on the console in various orders. They are both at 4.02. I tried checkpoints, autosaves, manual saves, restarting the console, even the cache clearing. Nothing.
So when you create a save on the PS4 GOTY version (the progression that you want to continue on the PS5 complete edition I guess), there is no cloud icon ?
If both version are installed on the same console, maybe try to simply transfer the saves "normally" without cross-progression. Ad if it doesn't work, I recommand to directly contact the support if it's not already done ("contact us" button).

Checked again this morning. It worked by itself. I guess it didn't finish syncing last night?

So when you create a save on the PS4 GOTY version (the progression that you want to continue on the PS5 complete edition I guess), there is no cloud icon ?
If both version are installed on the same console, maybe try to simply transfer the saves "normally" without cross-progression.
@LeKill3rFou How does this work? I have the save on my PS5 but the PS5 version doesnt see it.

If you have the save you should be able to "transfert" it like that :
Or with cross-save :
In both case, the game must be in the same version. You can't transfert a save created with a GOTY version of the game on a "normal" version (both version don't have the same code SKU, so for your playstation, it's not the same game).

@LeKill3rFou I think the first one is for playing your save from your PS4 console on the PS4 version on the PS5, which I can get to work. Its the cross-save that doesn't appear to be working. I wrote a breakdown of exactly what I did when I messaged support a couple days ago (no response how long does it typically take?)

What I'm trying to do should be very straightforward, take my OG PS4 save, upload it to gog, continue on PS5. That's not the case though. No matter what I do it won't save shit to the cloud. Here's a breakdown of what I have done so far.

Install Witcher 3 PS4 edition, download all dlc content, download PS4 save from cloud.

Open Witcher PS4 version, click rewards and link account with GOG.

Load save file in PS4 version, run around for a hot minute, pause and bring up save menu. Click L2 for confirmation that cloud save us enabled and got X for accept. Save my game in a new save slot (cloud icon shows in the new slot). Close PS4 game.

Download and install PS5 game and all dlc.

Open PS5 version. No load menu but that's expected so click rewards. Link account with same GOG account linked with PS4 version. Back at main screen still no load(fuck but ok).

Start fresh game on PS5, run around for 2 hot minute and bring up save menu. Click L2 to confirm that cloud is enabled and click X to accept. Save to a new slot (cloud icon showing). Quit to main menu

Load is now an option. Click load, only PS5 save listed(fuck). This save sorry doesn't have the cloud icon(fuck fuck). Close game.

Reopen PS4 game and click load. Are safe I just save 10 minutes ago with no cloud symbol(fuck). Load said save and ten around for 5 hot minutes. Dave in new slot after confirming cross enabled in a new fucking slot with the cloud symbol again. Close game.

Fire up PS5 version. Load game and still only PS5 save listed(FUCK).

Like an idiot repeat steroids advice for next 3 hours signing out multiple times and resigning in, rebooting, paying to anything that will listen. Fuck all to show.

What am I missing?

Same issue here. Played before between steam deck and ps5, after 4.02 stopped syncing and no icons.
I'm having the same issue. I play on both and since 4.02 I don't have that option on the PS5. Super frustrating cause I have hours of game play on my steam deck I need to transfer.

I'm also having trouble transferring my old save file from Xbox Series X to PC. I can transfer from PC to Xbox Series X, but not the other way around. Problem is, my maxed character is on xbox. I can sometimes see my xbox save file on pc when I made a new save, but it always gets stuck loading it. And then when I close the game on pc and turn it back on, the xbox save file would be gone. I can't play my old character on pc, which is a bummer since I wanted to play the expansion on pc.

I'm also having trouble transferring my old save file from Xbox Series X to PC. I can transfer from PC to Xbox Series X, but not the other way around. Problem is, my maxed character is on xbox. I can sometimes see my xbox save file on pc when I made a new save, but it always gets stuck loading it. And then when I close the game on pc and turn it back on, the xbox save file would be gone. I can't play my old character on pc, which is a bummer since I wanted to play the expansion on pc.
On your Series X, you created a brand new save ?
(only the most recent save on both platforms can be shared)
> load the save that you want to play on PC, then create a new save at this point.
If yes, the (checked) cloud icon appear on it ?
The opposite work ?
If you create a save on your PC, this save appear on your Series X ?

On your Series X, you created a brand new save ?
(only the most recent save on both platforms can be shared)
> load the save that you want to play on PC, then create a new save at this point.
If yes, the (checked) cloud icon appear on it ?
The opposite work ?
If you create a save on your PC, this save appear on your Series X ?
Yes, I have created a brand new save. Most of the time I could see the brand-new save on pc right after creating one on Xbox, but cannot load it. I mean I can try loading it but it would just be on the loading screen forever.

Yes, the check mark is there.

Yes, the opposite works (brand new save on pc can be transferred and loaded on xbox).

Yes if I create a brand new save from pc the save would appear on series x.

Yes, I have created a brand new save. Most of the time I could see the brand-new save on pc right after creating one on Xbox, but cannot load it. I mean I can try loading it but it would just be on the loading screen forever.

Yes, the check mark is there.

Yes, the opposite works (brand new save on pc can be transferred and loaded on xbox).

Yes if I create a brand new save from pc the save would appear on series x.
Weird :(
And just to be sure, both version are the same ?
GOTY and regular version are not the same "game" on consoles (you're enable to load your PC save on your Series X)
At least, you can contact the support directly ("contact us" button. Not dedicated category, but this one should be fine).

Top Bottom