The Enhanced Edition update is now available for all PC users

+
Upon installing from the pre-download I received the error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Witcher 2\CookedPC\movies\final3iorweth_temeria_divided_red_kaed.usm

is corrupted.

I've seen suggestions of manually downloading, but I have no idea which part this file is in and I would rather not have to download everything again.

I've tried manually downloading patch 1 and patch 2 but it doesn't help.

Argaliad:
When installing the update it stops saying that an error occured when trying to copy pack0.dzip the source file is corrupted!!Do i have to redownload the whole thing?

Same problem too (((((

After installation there was a problem, the text, or in other language isn't displayed? how to correct?

Ino08 said:
"pack0.dzip" is corrupted :(

http://en.thewitcher.com/ee_manual/

Download Part 0 and place it in the directory you saved the patch in. That should help (assuming you're using English.. not entirely sure if it's language dependent.)

powerstone said:
'pack0.dzip' corrupted

See my previous. Pre-downloads seemed to have some corrupted, but you can grab manual replacements on that link I gave above. Not sure if they're language specific, but you can probably follow the links from the front page if they are, they're pretty conspicuous.

Argaliad said:
When installing the update it stops saying that an error occured when trying to copy pack0.dzip the source file is corrupted!!Do i have to redownload the whole thing?

Same problem

Argaliad said:
OMG... not again. The same issue with pack0.dzip file. And do not try to hit "ignore". It installs the rest of the update but screws the game. I hope that there will be some quick fix. Or will it be quicker to uninstall whole game and install it again, this time with no pre-patch..?

It doesn't work. I make a clean install et re-install the EE patch. Same problem: pack0.dzip is corrupted.

I think the only way for now is download the backup edition from GOG.com ...

[EDIT]: I'm trying again with the part files 1 and 2.

MykeHell said:
Same problem

It doesn't work. I make a clean install et re-install the EE patch. Same problem: pack0.dzip is corrupted.

I think the only way for now is download the backup edition from GOG.com ...

What have you tried to do to fix it?

Well, updated to the EE. Started a new game on dark mode, importing my W1 savegame - and played through the prologue.
No change at all - it got somehow even worse. the game crashed 2 times, graphical bugs here and there (which never happend before (3 playthroughs))
something went wrong... -.-
or maybe I'm just overreacting. meh

I tried downloading the corrupt files manually, but the game wouldn't update regardless. To install the ee update, I was forced to reinstall the entire game, d/l the ee update, THEN replace corrupt files 0, 1, and 2 and now finally the ee update is installing.

innocentum said:
ignore the error and it will continue the setup

Doing so will cause inconsistencies in the game, some of which won't be readily apparent. It's never a good idea to "ignore".

Freyar said:
See my previous. Pre-downloads seemed to have some corrupted, but you can grab manual replacements on that link I gave above. Not sure if they're language specific, but you can probably follow the links from the front page if they are, they're pretty conspicuous.

Thankyou i re-download part 2 and your link seem its work

Freyar said:
What have you tried to do to fix it?

I tried with your links: part 1, part 2 et part 0. It works !

It seems that this parts with the pre-download are corrupted. Thank you for the trick =)

I can confirm that downloading part 2 (TWEE_Patch-2.bin) and running patch again works, at keast for the English version and for me (not steam)

Top Bottom