Review our game – Community reviewers selected

+
Review our game – Community reviewers selected

A week ago we announced that we will give away 1000 copies of the Xbox 360 copies of The Witcher 2 to our fans in exchange for their reviews. We were surprised by the number of people, who wanted to participate in this croudsourcing initiative. After a long debate 1000 people from all over the world convinced us, that they should be the ones to review it. Expect to receive an e-mail soon we will reply to all participants so be patient.

Can we expect to see at least a TOP 3/5/10 reviews from those awesome people reviewing an awesome game? Would be cool!

Cheers to the thousand lucky ones

omg, finally a response after many email refreshes :) Cannot wait to hear from your guys either way and playing the EE on 360 on Tuesday!

This is something that I haven't seen any other company do, your really setting a brand new standard for game companies :D keep up the great work

Amen to playing Witcher 2 EE either way on 360 Tuesday! I am really excited to see what you guys did to bring this massive experience to 360 from PC, as well as find all the little changes!

I said it before and I'll say it again - these reviews are going to be really rushed. Which shouldn't be the case with a game like Witcher 2. I hope it doesn't backlash on the scores/opinions.

But well, still a great initiative!

EDIT: All the forum users who get the copy and review the game are kindly requested to share their work here! Don't be shy! :)

Would be awesome to watch best 10 of these reviews :)

Congratulations to all that who was chosen.

They really won't be that rushed, they have till Tuesday and launch week. The reviews probably don't need to be done in that much of a hurry.

They'll be pretty rushed... If they go out in the mail tomorrow, it'll take a number of days to get to the player... I don't know how others do it, but I don't review a game until I've completed the storyline. So there's no way the reviews will be up before launch unless the games fly there, and the reviewers play around the clock, lol.

Anyway, good luck to everyone waiting to hear, and congrats to those who were chosen!

andros92 said:
I'll make a review of this masterpiece on my blog even if I'm not one of the chosen

Me too, I'll prolly end up doing a fair comparison between the PC & 360 versions.

I agree i also saw no dead line for a review date. I doubt RED will mind if the reviews are a little while after the release of the game. As long as the reviewer is honest.

Good Luck to everyone! Can't wait to read up on what you thought about the game!

pcgamer11 said:
I agree, haven't seen 'deadline' specifics.
There aren't, but some of us are actually from gaming forums, not just blogs or doing one as a requirement to get a copy. For your review to be relevant and get hits, it needs to come out as close to launch as possible, preferably before. Few people go online to check reviews of games they already own, lol. ;)

I'm guessing less than 50% of the ones chosen will actually review it, but I'm jaded.

XBAKat said:
They'll be pretty rushed... If they go out in the mail tomorrow, it'll take a number of days to get to the player... I don't know how others do it, but I don't review a game until I've completed the storyline. So there's no way the reviews will be up before launch unless the games fly there, and the reviewers play around the clock, lol.

Anyway, good luck to everyone waiting to hear, and congrats to those who were chosen!

Well, to be fair, they're not all necessarily being sent from Poland. Unlike the PC, 360 is usually region-locked, so it'll probably be the various distributors sending copies to the winners, making delivery time a bit shorter.

Unless of course, CD Projekt RED chose to make their game region-free, which is possible. Region-lock is pretty much up to the developer.

Anyway yeah, there's no deadline for the reviews mentioned, so there's no rush to finish the review by Tuesday.

I´m 100% sure that I wasn´t picked, but it doesn´t matter. I will find a way or another to get my hands on this possible masterpiece. Nothing can´t stop me, not even little thing that I´m broke :(

Still..

Only few days for the release date, I wish the very best of luck for CDPR, you should especially get good sales rather than other "nameless" RPG companies that have watered down their titles and who are taking gamers money with shallow and pointless DLCs. Good luck from Finland!

Top Bottom