Review our game – Community reviewers selected

+
kungfucolin said:
Precisely. It's pretty obvious that it was a random draw.
Why didn't they just SAY it would be a random draw?
I don't believe it was random draw. They made it obvious that they don't care HOW you post your review. Having a site/blog/YouTube wasn't a requirement. I think they based it off our personalities more.

It's pretty evident they didn't just look down the board and see who had review sites and who didn't, they even made that much clear when it started; I believe the words were something along the lines of 'You don't need a site, just as long as you put it somewhere people will be able to view it.'

To say it was just a drawing is kind of unfair to them, after-all they took an extra two days (3 since they're in GMT) picking the winners and I think that says something about the time they took to do this.

Tyrannikos said:
I don't believe it was random draw. They made it obvious that they don't care HOW you post your review. Having a site/blog/YouTube wasn't a requirement. I think they based it off our personalities more.

Everyone seems to hate my personality so how I got chosen is beyond me, but I'm a great advocate for the Mass Effect / BioWare disenfranchised crowd and I indicated that in so many words. I'm also unbiased.

Aesieru said:
Everyone seems to hate my personality so how I got chosen is beyond me, but I'm a great advocate for the Mass Effect / BioWare disenfranchised crowd and I indicated that in so many words. I'm also unbiased.
Whatever you said worked for them, that's what matters. Same goes for everyone else who won. We just convinced them with our words.

Can not really give a review of a game that I had not even played kinda defeats the purpose. But I have seen the trailers and some video play thru of the game graphics and story seem great.

I think a lot of has to do with using the right words when the applicant is reviewing your submission. These people have...what..2-3 minutes for a submission? If you write something bland, then it'll be passed over, but if you manage to write something convincing and articulate, you might just win. Nonetheless, do not be disheartened lads!

Harrison23 said:
I was fortunate enough to get a copy. Will there be a place to post a link to your review?

You may post it wherever you like. I think you'd get more hits posting a link in the forums here and your blog,youtube, or website.

I'm HUGELY disappointed that I missed out on this, but I commend the team for doing it. I have some great readers at my site, and they most definitely will be getting a review of the game...might just be a little bit longer now though since I am broke.

tkozuch said:
I'm HUGELY disappointed that I missed out on this, but I commend the team for doing it. I have some great readers at my site, and they most definitely will be getting a review of the game...might just be a little bit longer now though since I am broke.

I totally hear you on basically everything you mentioned (including the broke part!). Every single time I stumble upon a good giveaway, it's already over! And usually I think they are scams anyway, ya know? I just can't believe I managed to enter in time. I was exploring the website, etc and just was like, "WTF? Review copies?!" So I submitted in time, thankfully :)

I suppose my faith in giveaways has been restored because of this experience. I also do my own giveaways, so that has helped to see it from a different perspective, which is interesting. It's terrible selecting winners - trust me!

KnightRobby said:
I totally hear you on basically everything you mentioned (including the broke part!). Every single time I stumble upon a good giveaway, it's already over! And usually I think they are scams anyway, ya know? I just can't believe I managed to enter in time. I was exploring the website, etc and just was like, "WTF? Review copies?!" So I submitted in time, thankfully :)

I suppose my faith in giveaways has been restored because of this experience. I also do my own giveaways, so that has helped to see it from a different perspective, which is interesting. It's terrible selecting winners - trust me!

Really cool of you to say. Oh well, I'll be buying the game either way. Really cool they did this give away. As the owner of an independent game site, I can tell you that securing review copies from publishers is nearly impossible these days.

It's sad that there are people complaining about it. But that's what we are used to, I guess. It's so typical.

You all should be thankful for the chance you all had! This offering was not just for professional reviewers!

There were "just" 1000 review copys, that was actually pretty much. Nevertheless "only" 1000 people could win.

That's not just a matter of beeing qualified or even more qualified than others, it's also luck!

Congratulations to all winners and thanks a lot CDP for this "contest"

Still waiting to receive my email, but since people who've won already posted here a few hours ago, I think it's pretty safe to say that I didn't win. Shame.

But congrats to everyone who made it! Remember to be honest in your reviews!

I would just like the e-mail saying I didn't win! that way I can stop looking at my email on my phone at work and running up a massive net usage fee! lol

Top Bottom