Looting dead enemies

+
You need to put 'both' option in the pool !

Why killed enemies couldn't be looted from their body directly & pouch/bag they carry?

Since monsters don't carry bags/pouches, maybe they have stash in their cave/lair ?

Verdade said:
...you fight hordes of harpies, nekkers etc.

Maybe it's immersion-breaking to have those hordes of monsters?
I was always asking myself: how many people must drown daily to supply this never-ending stream of drowners?
In W3 we will have a much bigger world. Let's have less monsters in numbers, more in variety.

You should have added a neutral option. I mean, yeah, loot bags were indeed immersion breakers but I didn't pay too much attention to them after a while.

You're talking about "immersion" in a game where magic, monsters and mutants are common?

Maybe in that world some corpses disintegrate when they die and whatever particles remain group into something resembling leather, wrapping whatever objects the deceased carried. Until you show me this isn't possible in the world of the Witcher I'll stick to my theory ;)

I also find the loot bags in the Witcher 2 a little "strange" but i would not say they were annoying. I could live with it if they keep this loot system in the witcher 3.
But the disappearance of corpses is something i would like to change.

You're talking about "immersion" in a game where magic, monsters and mutants are common?

Maybe in that world some corpses disintegrate when they die and whatever particles remain group into something resembling leather, wrapping whatever objects the deceased carried. Until you show me this isn't possible in the world of the Witcher I'll stick to my theory ;)

your theory is easily destroyed by the fact that dead bodies still exist everywhere in the game.

*cue it was only a joke*, but we can still see the first line of your post.

Having disappearing bodies and loot bags is an undesirable feature for me, but very minor. If it stays the same in TW3, I won't complain. Though I would prefer dead bodies staying where they are (unless they turn into some kind of monsters), and actually decomposing overtime, in places they are not treated by a society properly. For example, in NML it would be good to see a fresh body first, not-so-fresh and scavenged by animals some time later, and may be some skeletal remains a lot later. In Novigrad and other inhabited places bodies should be collected and taken care of.

Last edited:
It's probably more performance friendly to have loot bags (less polygons),
but if I could choose I'd prefer corpses, like Skyrim does it.

That is a far more immersive solution than loot bags. :)

+1
That's the only reason I could think of (and perhaps is)

Okay I admit, I would really like corpses, and also now if spotted looting it causing an alert/reaction from NPCs. One can only hope.
blah I JUST WANT TO HACK AND SLASH NOW

Last edited:
Weapons enemy used - probably in poor condition. A few paltry coins unless wealthy. Maybe some provisions?

Gritty, non-silly stuff.

Man. There's nitpicking. And then there's this...........

Thanks for reminding me why this is the best community out there. Now if you excuse, I'm going to floss myself to death with some barbed wire.

I want the equivalent to Dishonored's rats, but without the "danger" element.
Short period when the body is there, then a period when it's covered by scurrying beetles and bugs, then nothing left except non-organic loot.

Guest 2812644

Looting the fallen should be kept in context; items needed for survival, trophys for proof of victory, ingediants for potions, quest items, and always Gold. Swaping out armor and weapons should be an option but loading up for the next flea market should be discouraged.

How about something like two inventory panel at the right and left side of the screen when looting ?
the inventory of the dead human/elf/. . . should look similar to that of Geralt's. while dead monster's inventory would be different and contains body parts instead of armor, weapon, etc. for the sake of gameplay, a "loot all" option must be available without having to open these panels every time. in this way, dead bodies will replace those treasure bags of TW2.

Top Bottom