Am I the only one who doesn't like geralts new beard?

+
Am I the only one who doesn't like geralts new beard?

I'm not sure exactly how old he is in The Witcher 3 but I really don't like that beard lol. Yeah I know this is something trivial to complain about but I really hope we get the option to remove his beard at some kind of hair shop in a town/city/village.

I just don't like geralt looking that old. He doesn't seem like the beard type either.

I'm not sure exactly how old he is in The Witcher 3 but I really don't like that beard lol. Yeah I know this is something trivial to complain about but I really hope we get the option to remove his beard at some kind of hair shop in a town/city/village.

I just don't like geralt looking that old. He doesn't seem like the beard type either.

No worries OP, there has been some confirmation(though I can't remember where I saw it) that hair style and beard will be up to the player to decide. But as Blothulfur said, Geralt IS old. :)

yeah hes old, I just don't like him looking that old cuz I don't want the series to end lol.

I'm afraid we all have to face the inevitable. The series will end. I'm just glad CDPR took up developing The Witcher when they did, I would never have heard of the The Witcher, Sapkowski or his books at all and totally missed out.

At least I have four unread books(I think) left, as well as this third game to look forward to. When the books are read and the game is played through, I will repeat the process again and again. The books I've read and games I've played are that good to deserve that.

Last edited:
Personally I think the beard is a welcome addition; it makes Geralt look more rugged, reflecting how much he has endured throughout his life. It'll be even better if players can decide whether or not he keeps it, meaning all will be happy!

:yes:

I really don't get why people think he looks old. Is it because the beard is white? I'd say he looks mature, but definately not old. Older than his own young 20-30something (appearance and physique) in the previous game, but we know that not that much time has passed. He just grew a beard.

I agree I think he looks the same as in Assassins, but the white hair does cause everybody to think you're older, started getting white hairs in me beard a few years back and there's been a few comments.

Personally i'll be shaving in towns and letting grow in the wilderness.

I love his beard, it makes him more like a tired Witcher who's been struggling and fighting for too long !

PS : please forgive my english faults, I'm new here and french !

CDPR ftw !

Eh, all game series have their "This time...it's personal!" game that usually comes toward the end.

Ezio from AC2 series gets a beard.
Max Payne gets a beard.
Sam Fischer from Splinter Cell gets a beard.
Isaac Clarke from Deadspace gets a beard.
I think I even saw a thing where the Lost Planet guy gets a beard.

It's basically just a way for a game to show you "Ooooh....time has passed and now shit is getting REAL! BE READY FOR BEARD!"

I do think that Geralt's is a bit bushy and contributes to a feeling I've gotten watching some trailers that he looks too "bulky" (seriously, I have trouble believing a dude who is always on the wander with no money is able to keep his caloric intake high enough to have big 'ol muscles).

BUT the game is going to be so good that I am trying hard not to nitpick over things like that.

Yeah, the source material is pretty unambiguous about him being white haired. People are calling him White Wolf and "white haired one" constantly.

Thing is, I don't think they want to make him 100% white-haired and albino for some reason. Even the guy who played him in the TV series in Poland basically just looked like a normal guy with chiseled features, a dark 5-o-clock shadow and very light hair.

To go all out and make his hair shock-white, I dunno, maybe they don't want him to seem like too much of a freak (even though the books make a point of portraying him as one and disparage him constantly as one).

I don't think the dev put the beard just for style/image. I think he's on exile. And it is highly likely that the story will start at No Man's Land.

Top Bottom