Kingdom Come: Deliverance

+
You talking to me John? I don't do Steam or any of those others, haven't done in a while, I thought everybody on these forums knew that.

no slimgrim. he implies he will not buy any game with drm. i'm interested to know his limitation on that.

I do have Steam, so I'm a bit of a hypocrite on this. However, I see a fundamental difference in actively backing a project on KS. It means you support their project and the way they are pursuing it. By backing them now I would be encouraging start-up devs to embrace software clients right out of the gate. Hell, one day I might go Bloth's route and banish Steam from my PC for good.

Last edited:
Pulled my $200 off the board. I have the same stance as Slimgrin, for the most part. I use Steam but the fact their planning on using them only? Nope. I made myself a hypocrite(or rather a bigger one because we all are) by backing something on that damned site while having an anti-KS stance. If course I'll play the game on release, they can just have less of my money then.

if you're willing to miss out on this game because it might be steam only, i guess you weren't that interested to begin with. to me, it seems there might not be another chance like this in years or even decades.

Or maybe it means some people have fucking principles and are willing to not play a game they know they would enjoy because of them, like Bloth does, or because supporting a dev long before the game is out with money so they can be free from the oppressive fist of publishers while they slap steam on said game is just a big showing of hypocrisy.

Anyway the devs have stated they are looking into GoG at this time so we'll see.

Ah, Gregski. Very, very few of us entrepeneurs risked only our own money.
We are typically backed by family money, friendly backers, banks..a few manage to actually incorporate and get penny stocks going.
Some people take inherited money from their deceased loved ones and use that...not sure I'd call that their "own" money.

Lots and lots of us find our way to grants and small business loans and bursaries from local government.

I think I've used several of the above myself and I'm barely an entrepreneur.

Frankly, if you have saved enough money to start a venture on your own and don't need some kind of outside help, you're really rare. And even so, as soon as you start to do well, most of us try to use that success to find backers to fund expansion.

Kickstarter seems to me like a much safer gamble than some of the stocks I've invested in given the track record of who I backed on KS - Obsidian, Larian Studios, for example.

It's not about money ownership or source, but about risk factor.

If you borrow the money from a relative - you usually have to pay it back. From a bank - you have to pay it back with interest or you get into trouble. You inherit money - you still could have taken a safe route, put the money on a deposit for example. But you choose to take the risk, which involves also potential negative consequences if you fail or misjudge.

What exactly are the negative consequences and risks when you get you money from random people all around internet and your product flops? Any financial responsibility towards anyone? Relatives? Banks? Shareholders? Any creditors at the door? Government agencies asking what exactly happened to the money they helped you with?

heading steadily towards motion capture performance stretchgoal. still 17 days left. piece of cake.

video update about player customization:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWQn10s_QJM

compared to dark souls 2:

and mount and blade bannerlord:

bahaha

Last edited:
I dont know much about HRE at 1403 and apart from flags of Bohemia and Germany(COA of King of Romans?) only saw Poland, Lithuania, and Hungary flags. Which countries might be included in game?

BTW are you guys received your forum codes?

Where did you see the flag of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania?

The game is going to take place in Bohemia, if you look at their video about designing the world. It takes place during the kidnapping of King Wenceslaus IV of Bohemia by Sigismund of Hungary

i heard what happened was sigismund forced wenceslaus to be a good king, but he was more of a rob ford kind of ruler, so sigismund said screw it, i'll be king instead and put wenceslaus under house arrest.

what's more disturbing than the ignorance and lunacy he displays in that little diatribe is the fact that it got so many "likes".

much faith lost in humanity.

@Costin I was sure about that flag but i cant find it now in the trailer. Their site is down so i cant search the screenshots. I may have seen low res. blood spattered flag ???

I don't think shitstorm qualifies as to what that is. Honestly Tumbl social crusaders have a very high opinion of themselves and how much their moronic opinions are worth a damn overall. The more idiotic aspect of that post isn't the race, it's the playable female character. Because remember kids women most certainly dressed as knights in full plate armor and rode to war in large scale numbers.

I'd just ignore tumbl, it's a den of idiocy with people thinking themselves important.

Last edited:
I backed it yesterday, and now you guys are making me feel like I've made some mistake :S

Top Bottom