Property Ownership

+
This is what I mean, change the mechanics of what the safehouse is. I'm saying it would be cool to have the safehouse to be based off of what you choose in the game. It could mean stealing it from a mob boss or etc. In my opinion, safehouses are becoming a little boring because they are too broad and don't reflect on who or what your character is. Yes, customization like decoration is a must, but having something that reflects your character is even greater. Such as: a tech would pick a place near satellites or what not because it's easier to hack, an assassin would pick somewhere near a place where there is lots of contracts because they're easier to get, a commando/brawler type would pick a fortress or somewhere with lots of defense due to his/her previous fights.

an assassin would pick somewhere near a place where there is lots of contracts because they're easier to get,

No they wouldn't. They would not live where they work. An assassin needs anonymity. If you're going to bump someone off, you get someone from out of town, not a local. Its called 'not shitting on your own doorstep'.

Ahhh...usually I'd agree with you Chris, but a corporate assassin or even private hitter would probably have his main dwelling in the Corp sector, pretty near to his high-class customers.

He'd -work- somewhere else, though, unless he was really discreet or a known corp hitter used as an announcement of in-company discipline. 'Cloak Division would like a word, Mr. Wembley.."

Someone from out of town is probably more a European thing, unlike Night City, where reps are built on contract murder.

Of course, a nom-de-guerre is a good idea...

Lots of mid and low class hitters would have places in the combat zone, within short travel time of a contract gone bad, since blood loss has that oh so pesky timer on it.

The first is an example of a home, though, not a safehouse. The second would be more a safehouse.

A safehouse is a supposedly secret location you go to that your enemies are not aware of. I get the idea that a lot of people here have the two confused.

I'd like the option just to take certain properties and start squatting. "Its my house now Choombata Clunk Click. Got a problem with that?"

@ Sard. Good point. Though someone who was an 'Assassin', rather than just muscle, would also probably keep moving, hotel to hotel, and store gear in lockers and other stashes. No permanent residence.

Again, that's probably more of a Euro thing, bu that's how my mind works.

I'd like the option just to take certain properties and start squatting. "Its my house now Choombata Clunk Click. Got a problem with that?"

I like that principle, as long as it comes with repercusions down the line.

Oh, yeah, as you know I'm a fan of no-permanent-residence myself. Not only because ti says in the book, "The Future Is Portable" but also because given what Edgerunners do, especially assassins, staying a moving target is a good idea.

Corporate solos have different lives, of course.

Well, i think we should have the option to forge identities and be able to buy homes under several different identities.. Gangs and police should be dynamic, so they should attack your safehouse based on the identity they know you by.. That way it would be harder, if not impossible for them to find you where you live..

A safehouse is a supposedly secret location you go to that your enemies are not aware of. I get the idea that a lot of people here have the two confused.
Yeah; granted, I've contributed to bodging up the distinction between the two in this thread, but the option of having both a base of operations (home) and a Plan B (safehouse) would be spectacular.

I want to own a Kebabshop, and a penthouse in the tallest building in the city so i can party with my wife who's only wearing a tshirt and panties and she can do special upgrades to my armour and guns.

I want to own a Kebabshop, and a penthouse in the tallest building in the city so i can party with my wife who's only wearing a tshirt and panties and she can do special upgrades to my armour and guns.
0/10

C'mon, man. Terrible troll; you're not even trying at this point. =(

Ignore him Redge... Do not feed the troll..

No they wouldn't. They would not live where they work. An assassin needs anonymity. If you're going to bump someone off, you get someone from out of town, not a local. Its called 'not shitting on your own doorstep'.

"Don´t shit where you eat and don´t eat where you shit."

Period.

If it effects the economy like it did in Fable that would be neat as the game goes on you can change the landscape you could over the course of the game switch the zones the once Hollywood side of town becomes the projects and the former projects can become the wealthiest districts or you could bottom out the entire city that would be up for purchasing.

Owning any property is a ridiculous idea in the setting. Night City is a Crapsack World, nobody own properties there except corporations and crime bosses, no small or medium businesses exist because corporations immediately exterminate them or buy out, no small shops and all people are poor, even regular corps. You should not be able to earn honestly no more than 50 credits per quest. For illegal quests it should be in low thousands max unless you do something really amoral. The player should get the atmosphere that life is unfair.

Top Bottom