Am i the only one who's excitement for W3 is starting to fizzle out?

+
I think, it is f*cked up, when you spend more money on marketing than on the production itself. I guess it is necessary, but it is always sad to imagine, what kind of things the money could have gone to in production...

I couldn't agree more, especially when it comes to CDPR.

They have earned such a good reputation by now, the entire world of game journalism is waiting for them
to announce the release date.

What is the point of such a PR investment if everyone on the internet will know about the game in no time anyway ?

Plus they have free PR right here - we'll spread the word. Ciriously.

I think, it is f*cked up, when you spend more money on marketing than on the production itself. I guess it is necessary, but it is always sad to imagine, what kind of things the money could have gone to in production...

But then CDP Red would have a Publisher in this case, which would be far worse.
CDP Red doesn't pay for the marketing, it's the retail distributor who does.

I couldn't agree more, especially when it comes to CDPR.

They have earned such a good reputation by now, the entire world of game journalism is waiting for them
to announce the release date.

What is the point of such a PR investment if everyone on the internet will know about the game in no time anyway ?

Plus they have free PR right here - we'll spread the word. Ciriously.

Keep in mind though that many potential buyers do not read previews/reviews or visit gaming sites. Some very impressive bits on tv will probably bring in a lot of extra consumers. CD Projekt has a great reputation, but that alone won't bring in a gigantic crowd.

Showing gameplay is like confirming something. They are still balancing and tweaking things e.g combat, looks, physics, graphics. Some things might not be final. Yes first proper gameplay is just around the corner. After it comes out no one will cry anymore. Game is still 6-8 months away from release so it wont make any difference seeing 2 minute video Gearlt running around fields. They are not ready.

This.So much this.This is spot on.

And bolded part is what worries me.It seems like they would like to make huuuuge list of cut content,features and mechanics and best way to do that is to make sure public doesn't see that so that later on they can't complain.

And I would have to agree with OP to some extent but rest assured they said that their makerting hasn't even begun and that they have spent only fragmet of staggering 25m budget for marketing which is btw supplied by distributors.So don't worry they won't be coming down from front pages of magazins and news stories from game sites in coming months.

My only worry is amount of slain,butchered and maimed features until that lol. :D Well,I guess they can always add them post release via patch/paid expansion.

Also I agree with what others have said about not revealing too much because you do have to leave some things to be discovered by players themselves.

Pajkes, I hate to break it to you, but that's how game development works. You come up with a bunch of stuff, you see what you can and can't implement and then cut what you think is unnecessary/not worth the time and money. Once you start running out of time, you start removing even more stuff. Hell, in TW2 they removed a whole chapter.

As you said, there are always patches/EE/expansions for that.

Pajkes, I hate to break it to you, but that's how game development works. You come up with a bunch of stuff, you see what you can and can't implement and then cut what you think is unnecessary/not worth the time and money. Once you start running out of time, you start removing even more stuff. Hell, in TW2 they removed a whole chapter.

As you said, there are always patches/EE/expansions for that.

Yeah I know dude......I think I'm getting it over slowly....lol :D

It just hurts that maybe at some point some dude will at some meeting say among other things.....yaeeeeeh let's cut chains (from first Witcher's intro) as weapon...cause....reasons.

But seriously...as long as they bring something back with patches and expansions....I will survive lol. :D I'm really getting way too much upset about that but I can't help myself.

Also could you be more precise about removed chapter in Witcher 2 because honestly I didn't know about that cause I almost didn't follow Witcher 2's development and marketing at all.

EDIT:

I found it: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-06-seeing-red-the-story-of-cd-projekt

And I wish I didn't lol :p Ignorance is bless sometimes.I mean whole Valley of flowers got cut.....:wat:

Ok Ok.....I don't even want to know any more....:D It hurts just as bad as kikimore's venom.

Imagine if kikimores also get cu..........nothing nothing. :D I'm making it too hard for all of us. :p

Ok I read whole article and I've got to say I feel a little bit ashamed because despite my legit complains about cutting as little as possible as long those things are awesome and later on perhaps releasing it via patch/expansion I have just to say.........damn it.CD Projekt is such a great bunch of badasses.

So much comitment and pure gaming entusiasm you can hardly find anywhere among AAA developers.All of them are practicaly big faceless corporations and CD Projekt despite it's size of 200 men is still primarely there to build the best gaming experience possible.From the gamers for the gamers after all.

Despite everything for me Witcher 3 was and still is safe pick because I know that no mater what they do the chaces are it's going to be awesome.

And btw. they also don't have arrogant story writers like Bioware has.I mean that tweet was sooo douchy that it makes me laugh although I deeply disagree with such aproach.Watch:

http://dragonaging.tumblr.com/post/75629306174/dgaider-mloreley-dgaider-dragonaging

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but i have to be honest. Because of the lack of news and details i'm more worried about W3 than excited for it.
Personally, I'm starting to have a suspicion that the reason that we haven't seen any gameplay videos is because the game is extremely buggy, which wouldn't be a surprised considering its an open world.

There are always bugs, or as some (EA) would call them Easter Eggs, that have to be found and worked out which to me is normal. I'll see game play stuff when it's ready as I would prefer CDPR concern themselves with getting the actual game ready for me to rock all over.

Meh... Maybe a little. its true DA2 sucked ass.
But like i said before, mostly its because the gameplay elements of being a commander (along with the semi-openworld) remind me of an RP?G that i loved.

You suggested CDPR was hiding game issues and I was refering you to EA and DA2 which Geralt would put a hurtin all over Hawk if I do say so myself. I obviously do have a preference!

@Pajkes

How can you worry about all the features being cut, while you don't know exactly what features are planned, which ones will be left and which one's will be out? I mean, what the eye does not see, the heart does not grieve over.

What seriously? can I find that info somewhere?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-06-seeing-red-the-story-of-cd-projekt

"The Witcher 2 took half the time to build that its predecessor did, despite being every bit as ambitious and with an engine to build as well. An entire location called The Valley of the Flowers had to be cut, even though it had "an amazing story plot". "It's not a girly place," Adam Badowski quickly adds, "it's a land of elves." And elves in The Witcher universe are as dirty and mean as everything else. The game's third act was also cut short because the team ran out of time."

I can understand the OP. When CDR really aims to realse TW3 in 2014 in my opinion its time for some real gameplay. Just compare it to other games like Skyrim for example. It was released in November 2011 and in early February the developers had given us way more than just 2 trailers and some Screenshots.

Partly, also because it almost feels like its a Suikoden game with a semi-open world made by Bioware.
Mind you i must admit that I haven't been following DA:I until recently but nevertheless they have at least shown a gameplay video.
Also aren't they showing artwork and concept art like every week? or was it monthly..?
Remember when CDPR did a weekly wallpaper or audio track?

Yeah, that caused even more complaining and whining.

I can understand the OP. When CDR really aims to realse TW3 in 2014 in my opinion its time for some real gameplay. Just compare it to other games like Skyrim for example. It was released in November 2011 and in early February the developers had given us way more than just 2 trailers and some Screenshots.

Absolutely. I really hope CDPR is aiming for the same high standards in their games as Bethesda.

Grin.

Yeah, no. No, I don't. Only things I hope they take from Skyrim, ( a game I enjoy, to be fair) is...hmm..map size. Yep! That's it. Even Skyrim trailers and promotions gave me a false idea of the game I would play - dragon fighting seemed -much- more exciting, for example, than it turned out to be.

Pretty easy to second-guess CDPR, if you aren't, well, CDPR. Have a little faith.

A little bit. But I come back every day to see if there's something new. If there is I am all too happy to mingle in with the rest of you to discuss it. :)

I'm hoping for my excitement to fizzle out. I've been refreshing gaming sites and these boards on a one-click-per-38-seconds average in the past week with an unquenchable thirst for updates. Should shower. Eyes bloodshot. Also, suspect might have test tomorrow.

Top Bottom