THE WOLF AMONG US: new Tell-Tale kick ass game on the works...

+
THE WOLF AMONG US: new Tell-Tale kick ass game on the works...

This has just been officially announced...
The game will be based on the famed comic series "Fables" universe... more presicesly, the werewolves bit...

Im excited as HELL, :p/> LOVE the Fables comics, and Im a grrrreeat fan of Tell-Tale Games.

What do you think? :)/>

Last edited:
im a fan off telltale games as well and just checked it out. will definitely get it :)

I loved TWD by telltale, really looking forward to season 2 and will probably try this as well :).

Yeah a mod will move it when they see this.
Besides can't wait for ep 2 next week! :D

You should play it @Dona it's really well done.
I'm already dying of excitement for the Game of Thrones one which is coming later this year :D

Finally! Took like 3-4 months for Episode 2 to hit in. Monthly based episodes in my ass...

Though guess that has to do with TellTale working on so many games.

They said they had some issues but schedule should be back to normal now. They do seem to have too many projects on their hands right now, though.

As far as I know, apart from this they are working on The Walking Dead S2, Tales from Borderland and Game of Thrones. Anything else?

Finished episode 2 of 'The Wolf Among Us'. Doesn't look like Telltale have improved the way they handle C&C. Other than that, story's still going okay, no big surprises for me yet, kinda saw most of the stuff coming (didn't expect a certain someone to how up again so quickly but I was expecting it to happen eventually).

Don't think Crane's the killer, he was only visiting the brothel. Too convenient to just find those pictures there. Might actually end up being Bluebeard though I hope it isn't - kinda obvious. Faith's involved in some way as well.

Aye, episode 2 was comparatively dull and way too short for my fancy. Here's hoping Telltale didn't fire all their bullets with episode 1. Anyone else kind of underwhelmed?

Personally, I think Episode 2 will work a lot better alongside all the other parts, once they're released. On its own, I suppose it can be a bit underwhelming but it's the middle of the game - that's where most of the filler usually is.

I can deal with "fillers" for TV shows, it's harder with games. TWD didn't have "fillers" in my opinion: new setting, new characters, new intrigue each episode.
I didn't like the second episode: re-use of settings (the bar, Crane's office) and characters (I expected to meet more new characters), re-use of narrative devices (angry "big boss" in the end, "shocking" revelation in the end which won't be the truth the next episode).
I played twice with completely different choices and the game didn't feel different.
And the gameplay... That's awful. In the end, I had to click on the envelope with the pictures in it, but it was the ONLY option I had (nothing else to examine, and you can't go back, you can't talk to the characters). And the last "investigation" in the brothel was terrible, almost insulting. In the first episode, I liked how the investigations were designed, you actually had to think a little bit to understand what happened.

At least dialogues are correct and the voice acting is good. Otherwise it's a huge disappointment to me.

I can deal with "fillers" for TV shows, it's harder with games. TWD didn't have "fillers" in my opinion: new setting, new characters, new intrigue each episode.
I didn't like the second episode: re-use of settings (the bar, Crane's office) and characters (I expected to meet more new characters), re-use of narrative devices (angry "big boss" in the end, "shocking" revelation in the end which won't be the truth the next episode).
I played twice with completely different choices and the game didn't feel different.
And the gameplay... That's awful. In the end, I had to click on the envelope with the pictures in it, but it was the ONLY option I had (nothing else to examine, and you can't go back, you can't talk to the characters). And the last "investigation" in the brothel was terrible, almost insulting. In the first episode, I liked how the investigations were designed, you actually had to think a little bit to understand what happened.

At least dialogues are correct and the voice acting is good. Otherwise it's a huge disappointment to me.

Couldn't agree more. Episode 2 was weak.

Different game, different structure. So far it's following a fairly standard detective story structure. Since the game is all about solving the case, it has o be filled with filler content - you always have a clear goal. Episode 1 set the goal, we'll get the resolution in episode 5 and everything in between is investigations and red herrings. It's just how this sort of plot works. Speaking of the narrative, I think so far it's been pretty obvious - not something you want to hear about a murder mystery. It's mostly the characters and setting that are holding my interest.

Yep, very unfortunate. I was hoping Telltale would improve this aspect of their titles but they evidently haven't.

The investigations in episode 1 were pretty meh as well, you had to be an idiot to mess them up. Don't think that a lot has changed. This time, at least they had a puzzle, although it was extremely easy to solve (the deer tube... thing).

Ultimately, it was about as good as I expected it to be, can't say I was disappointed. Wasn't pleasantly surprised either, though.

Top Bottom