Oversexualizaton in Cyberpunk

+
As much as I want to reach thru the monitor and strangle the folks that show up for upper level content in MMOs with their fully decked out character they have no clue how to play it is amusing ... in a "Road Runner" kind of way.

"You don't understand why Conflagration only works twice and then stops? And you bought your 90 warlock yesterday? You don't say..."

As much as I want to reach thru the monitor and strangle the folks that show up for upper level content in MMOs with their fully decked out character they have no clue how to play it is amusing ... in a "Road Runner" kind of way.

"Road Runner"?

I wouldn't stand political correctness. I would see that completely out of question.

It would start like that, and next step could be a psycho kindly offering a cup of tea. xD

Lots of viewpoints on this thread... :/

But that's cool. Lots of ideas which are interesting to bear in mind.

I wouldn't stand political correctness. I would see that completely out of question.

It would start like that, and next step could be a psycho kindly offering a cup of tea. xD

But that's cool. Lots of ideas which are interesting to bear in mind.

True.

But I think the biggest problem in this tread would be the "women-in-their-fancy-flower-hats-complaining-from every-single-thing-they-notice"... or am I wrong...?

True.

But I think the biggest problem in this tread would be the "women-in-their-fancy-flower-hats-complaining-from every-single-thing-they-notice"... or am I wrong...?

Yup. I was giving my opinion about a comment I read before, but I l lost track of where that comment was, and I felt too lazy to lool for it again. =P

I would not pay attentin to those women-in-their-fancy-flower-hats, though. As long as Cyberpunk does not show a bunch of ladies and gentlement kindly drinking tea, they will complain.

Last edited:
Not quite fair to tar the whole "women in their fancy flower hats" faction with one brush. There's an unresolved conflict within feminism sometimes called the "Feminist Sex Wars", in which (oversimplified of course) one faction sees any depiction of women behaving sexually as exploitation, "based on male power backed by force", and the other sees even the same depictions as illustrating the pleasure and power inherent in liberated sexuality.

"I, for one, did not join the women’s movement to be told how to be a good girl." [Gayle Rubin]

In this sense, CP 2077's imagery may be polarizing, but it is the polar opposite of misogynistic according to at least one widely held interpretation.

Last edited:
In this sense, CP 2077's imagery may be polarizing, but it is the polar opposite of misogynistic according to at least one widely held interpretation.

Well, that just confirms something that every man who has been in a long term relationship with a woman knows all too well. We are men, therefore we are already wrong. It doesn't matter if we agree with our partners or not, the answer we give is always the wrong one.

Well, that just confirms something that every man who has been in a long term relationship with a woman knows all too well. We are men, therefore we are already wrong. It doesn't matter if we agree with our partners or not, the answer we give is always the wrong one.

Phooi. That's sexist generalisation, so you're wrong. Of course. :veryangry:

(But I agree with Guy)

Hmmm...
What if CP2077 would have this special feature (and just for lols >:) ) possibility of "shooting of the horn between the legs (in Robocop style)?
Could this balance (or rather giving some laughs for some of us) the "over sexualisation" in Cyberpunk?
I won't believe if every CP2020 player says for NOT doing /trying that!

It's inevitable that this gets posted, so here: South Park's stance on the issue

Things that make you go hmmmm....

Talk about shooting a guy in the dick, everyone laughs.... talk about shooting a gal in the vagina, the room goes silent....

All that said, I would rather not see this game go "crotch shot special" like Saints row 3....

Things that make you go hmmmm....

Talk about shooting a guy in the dick, everyone laughs.... talk about shooting a gal in the vagina, the room goes silent....

All that said, I would rather not see this game go "crotch shot special" like Saints row 3....

I C, that explained it all. :I

American childrens cartoon where a coyote is always using some fancy "high tech" way to catch the road runner (a bird) to have it for dinner and the device always backfires and the coyote gets nailed instead.

Children's cartoon? When I was in college, a standard exercise was to find all the violations of Newton's laws of motion in a Coyote-Road Runner cartoon. Coyote and Road Runner were actually a deliberate parody of children's "cat and mouse" cartoons.

Anyway, ACME: Quality is Our #1 Dream

Last edited:

Forum veteran
A moderator is off-topic? A moderator is off-topic! Oh, the humanity! Who watches the watchmen? WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?

The Road Runner is a jerk and a thief. I mean, Wile E Coyote pays for all of his things, but do you ever see the Road Runner pay for those elaborate tunnel paintings that cause Wile E to smash into rocks? No, you don't. What, does it paint them itself? It'd have to use its feet, and that means that it'd have to paint a realistic backdrop while standing on a single foot. It's simply not possible. Therefore, the Road Runner is a violent criminal who's constantly thwarting Wile E's attempts to bring it to justice. Wile E's just a good samaritan like that.

Not quite true... I've seen my sister has shot in the crotch area (just for her bad aiming at targets) quite a lot in the games involving combat (mostly Mass Effect...)...
I'm legitimately afraid of your sister.

I'm legitimately afraid of your sister.

Actually, she's just bad at aiming in shooters...
She has tried to aim at the biggest part of the body (torso) and the recoil of some weapons have made her aiming at the legs and thus hitting on the crotch area.
And some times she mistakes to aim similarly with the snipers, ending up to crotch shots...
I should seriously train her to shoot better... I presume...? ಠ_ೃ (darn, I should try to get that look more "Cyberpunkish")

Top Bottom