Kingdom Come: Deliverance

+
The more trailers I see of this the more hyped I get.

If they execute the game properly and fulfill their over-the-top promises (thet sound kind of like RED devs :) ) then this might one of the best RPGs ever. (yes, i know it's still extremely early... but daaimn they know what to say on those vids and they sure made the game look amazing).

Oh, yeaaaaah baby. Poland is there !

This is battle of Grunwald (1410) no doubt about that. Would make sense considering the Czechs fought on the side of Polish and Lithuanians.

I very much doubt that honestly, not the least because...well: No banner for Lithuania and also you've got the Holy Roman War Banner there as well.

@Costin We haven't been shown the whole battlefield, just this scene. Lithuanians are there somewhere, I'm sure. What we have here however is Poles fighting Teutonic knights I have no doubt about that. White Eagles, Black Crosses. Holy Roman Empire banners make perfect sense, considering how many European knights answered the call of the Order to fight against the "pagans". And here is my question - did you mean the black eagle on yellow background ? Because that's Silesian banner, not Imperial one.

Apparently the game is set in 1403, which would make the battle impossible, but I'm not convinced. There could be a time-skip or some such thing.

I remember Warhorse Studios releasing this fragment from Jan Matejko "Battle of Grunwald" way back, before the whole Kickstarter.

It's Jan Žižka - Czech mercenary famous among many other things, for taking part in Battle of Grunwald. You see why I'm not convinced ?

Last edited:
We may get to see Grunwald in Act 2 or 3, but I am quite sure it won't be in the first one.

Last edited:
It does look good. Let's wait and see for some final gameplay videos. Remaking historical battles is easy way to gain fans from perticular countries. everyone is a patriot. Tho I hate when people moan about thier countries on youtube.

i originally didn't like how they handled blocking, but i think mount and blade is actually wrong. and games like witcher 2 and this game is more accurate. i mean there's no reason to block bottom if the sword is coming from top. the only problem is timing of the block, just as in real life. and if enemy fakes, you'll make a wrong block if you block too quickly. good system i think. but to me, the attacks are where the combat really shines. they're carried out in 2 modes, thrust and slash, with 6 points/angles of attack. much better than m&b's 3 sloppy hacks and a thrust.

In case anyone missed it, here's the Reddit AMA Warhorse Studios did a day or two ago. Some good info in there on modding, physically based rendering etc...

Also, Chris Roberts featured Kingdom Come: Deliverance on his studio's website and announced that the two studios will be collaborating and sharing technology between their games.

Good stuff! :thumbsup:

There is going to be a livestream of Kingdom Come today.

In a few hours we are going to do a live stream of Kingdom Come! We will play the same build that we showed to the publishers and will answer your question. Please join us at our Youtube channel at 7PM GMT (UK), 8PM CET (CZ) and 2PM EST or 11AM PST (US).

walkthrough of the game, its nothing special so far but it has potential.

edit: they already got 1million $ considering this is Czech Republic thats pretty much most of the development budget covered if not all of it. Not sure how much they paid for engine and other tools tho.

Ah kickstarter, that's astonishing, free money and free marketing 2 years before release. Game already looks pretty much like Beta, they are showing us old version of the game anyway. How they are talking about the game, feels like they dont remember what works what not.

Last edited:
This technology exchange will bring nothing but good things. Not only will both games be better but they will also have more publicity.

edit: they already got 1million $ considering this is Czech Republic thats pretty much most of the development budget covered if not all of it. Not sure how much they paid for engine and other tools tho.

Ah kickstarter, that's astonishing, free money and free marketing 2 years before release. Game already looks pretty much like Beta, they are showing us old version of the game anyway. How they are talking about the game, feels like they dont remember what works what not.

their estimated budget for the rest of the game is 5 million, so no. also, they aim for aaa quality and want to compete with red dead redemption, content wise, and that game was made on a budget of 100 million.

yes, this is czech product, so work ethic, organization, planning is superior to large wasteful american companies, but i think they're being a little too optimistic. i think end result is 10 mil game.

Hm. I wasn't very interested at first but it does look kinda cool. I do wonder about the quality though. He talks a lot about "quantity" but he didn't talk a lot about game design. Then again, I didn't watch the entire 1 hour video. Don't have the time for it.

Mhm, I don't know. I'll keep an eye on it. It has potential. I'm a realistic bastard so I think this will bomb horribly. I just don't feel the game has any substance to it. Then again, there's two years left. But that's kinda my point. They're supposed to sell me an idea. So far they've only sold me a bunch of farms, pastures, horses, and lots of lots of land mass. In any case, I wish them the best of luck. If they do pull this off then great! One more good game on the market is never a bad thing.

this game isn't designed to appeal to people who need "wow" moments and eye catching, dramatic hollywood nonsense like explosions and magic. skyrim is that way>>>

Well, I've been checking out some more of their videos and I gotta say, I'm getting kinda hyped now. Talk about going full 180 here :p

I saw the character customization video and I was pretty blown away. Also, the developers mentioned that they're also gonna release a mod kit where modders can use the character builder for their own projects. That kind of mentality really got me interested in this game. They seem like a cool bunch. I'm not really a fan of simulators. I prefer games with good game design. But fuck, if this ends up being good, then awesome!

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye out for any upcoming news. Looking good so far. Hopefully these guys know what they're doing!

Really? I'm surprised to hear anyone say that it is 'nothing special', hehe.

To me, Kingdom Come looks like The Witcher 2 without magic, more or less. It seems like a very mature and realistic RPG with gorgeous graphics and great gameplay. Sure, a few things look a bit stiff for the time being, but man. Just look at those villagers' AI, or how real and inviting nature is.

Kingdom Come is basically a warm summer day in Sweden (I know it's inspired by Eastern / Central Europe and not Scandinavia), and I'm trotting along a gravel road by a field, with the forest visible at a distance. This is what RPGs should do more often, and I am so happy that Warhorse is doing it.

This seems like a game with two feet on the ground. It is to CRPGs what the Lord of the Rings is to fantasy: it realises that a normal forest is way better than a fairy woodland, and that tilling the soil is where the adventure finds its charm - not in throwing fire balls.

Just my opinion. :)

Top Bottom