"Please insert original DVD" Error message

+
"Please insert original DVD" Error message

This is a work-in-progress FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 , do check it often as new tips are being addedQ: Game crashing or DVD not recognized on systems running Nero 7 or Symantec SuitesTip: Try to disable these applications and run/install the game ( quit the application, and end any left over processes in the TaskManager, even uninstall them and reboot, since they may leave active processes still running in the background that you can't terminate and that may interfere with the game )______________________________________________First thing: Yes, I've read the other topics. Just want to make it easier do see a topic regarding this matter.Which is, TW not launching because it can't detect the DVD.There's no SPTD, Daemon Tools or others on my PC, thanks.It just doesn't work. I've had this problem before, with Settlers 6, and Ubisoft solved it with the 1.1 patch, introducing a serial-check if Tages detects SPTD.sys. Since it is the same copy protection as in TW, I'd love to see this option added in the next patch.What do you people think?

belewbeloid said:
apply the 1.1 patch, if this doesn't help google for torrent sites and download a crack
Well, I patched it, still ain't working. But cracking doesn't really solve the problem. It's the faulty Tages protection.Although, cracking worked for BioShock, so once a crack for TW is available... I do have a legal copy, after all. But I'd rather want to play the game without a crack, in some cases where I had to use these, they really messed up the game.

I hope you'll find a solution to your problem, there's nothing more annoying than paying good money for a game that doesn't work. :(

You could always update your firmware. Depends on your drive model of course, but the only two problems I had with previous games not picking up DVD's on a clean system was resolved by doing this.

Bought the witcher today to find it was a real dissapointment coming home to sit 5hours and still havnt managed to install a game cause it for some reason thinks i dont have the original dvd in the dvd player."CD Projekt Red"Please insert original DVD of "The Witcher" ! ***developers please move ur eyes in this direction and give us an answer of what to do, ive had daemon tools installed and alcohol but have uninstalled em both and it still says insert original dvd.

Is your DVD drive a DVD writer? Sometimes certain copy protection or checks can stop things from working in DVD writer drives.

puritan said:
Bought the witcher today to find it was a real dissapointment coming home to sit 5hours and still havnt managed to install a game cause it for some reason thinks i dont have the original dvd in the dvd player."CD Projekt Red"Please insert original DVD of "The Witcher" ! ***developers please move ur eyes in this direction and give us an answer of what to do, ive had daemon tools installed and alcohol but have uninstalled em both and it still says insert original dvd.
Even if you did uninstall them, I wouldn't be surprised if some remnants of those programs are still in the Registry -- which would cause the game to still not boot.And like the guy above me said -- yeah, try the game in a DVD-ROM drive. Many Copy Protections for games don't like you trying to even PLAY games in a DVD-Burner drive.

Puritan: maybe you have to remove daemon and alcohol's registery key , I don't know how to do it, but if Tages react as securom it will be the issue...

God damn copyprotection crap is all I say. Why the hell are gamedevelopers still using this shit?! Its only messing with people who legit buy the game, while the pirates laugh their ass off enjoying their cracked game.

So, if you have Alcohol installed in your system, unninstal it and try to run the game. Check also for Alcohol registry keys. Any emulation software is making on some pc'sproblems with running the game (im using daemon tools and game is running normal).

I have the same problem. I will clearf my registry (for all noobs - this can be done using registry shower 2007 for example) and I will try to launch it. I will write the results.

OK guys. I was able to bypassed this message. TO run Witcher you must uninstall all apps that are used to illegal stuff. Then you must clean your registry system. I have used Registry Shower 2007. If you want to do it manualy then go to : start-> run-> type "rtegedit" and remove all that are conected to deamon (etc) apps.I had about 3000 incorrect registry entries in mine registry so I recommend to clean it with aome pro apps. If any questions. Please c0ontact me via email pawelgr5@o2.pl. (for polish user: please use piolish language).have a nice play guys!!!!!

Top Bottom