Random crashes to desktop

+
Random crashes to desktop

the game randomly crashes directly to the desktop. no error. no warning. the game does not lag even at the highest of settings. theres no need to post my specs. my system can run any game at its highest settings without an issue except this game. this is my third attempt in 3 years to try and play this game. please someone help me

I have read older saves could cause this problem, is this true? So do I have to keep removing older save files?

Deleting older saves could help, yes.

It's always a good practice to provide your system specifications regardless of whether or not you believe your system is good enough. Mind telling me what OS you're using, whether your system is 32 or 64-bit and how much RAM you have?

oh sorry didn't know that

win 7 64 bit
GeForce GTX 660 Ti
16 GB RAM

Anything else you would like to know or that would be helpful?

deleting the saves didn't help, still crashes in act 1 when I am trying to purchase incense recipe from the merchant...

Check to see if deleting most of your older saved games fixes the issue. If not, try lowering Texture Memory Size from the advanced options in the game's launcher. Also, turnining off any overclocking utilities you might be using is advisable, as well as other unnecessary software running in the background.

EDIT:
deleting the saves didn't help, still crashes in act 1 when I am trying to purchase incense recipe from the merchant...

Does it always crash at that specific time?

Last edited:
around 95% of the crashes are during purchases or shortly after when I have done the bargain with the merchant. really is annoying since I purchase 2 things, autosave and purchase 2 things again repeat and repeat since the game REALLY crashes a lot when dealing with merchants

Top Bottom