I'm a newcomer to the Witcher series: I have some questions?

+
I'm a newcomer to the Witcher series: I have some questions?

Hey everyone! I have not played Witcher 1 or 2, since I don't have an Xbox 360, or a PC. I do, however own a PS4, and used to own a PS3.

My questions have to do with the content of the game itself...kind of. I have a knack for medieval-styled games: you know...stuff like town squires and kings and lords and knights...will the upcoming Witcher game be medieval-styled?

I also have a knack for mythological creatues: will the following legendary creatures be featured (most likely) in the upcoming Witcher game? :

Elves
Dwarves
Gnomes
Dragons
Fairies
Unicorns
Trolls
Ogres
Nymphs

I may have not listed all mythological creatures. If there's more of them, please kindly list them, and also, will they be roaming around the open world? Thank you everyone.

The quickest way of getting an introduction to the game world is probably from some of the videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/WitcherGame?feature=watch

Yep, I'll check it out. I'm also reading up some info on the Wiki link @mpayo gave me.

And, regarding your list, everything except fairies does exist, but we don't know what we'll see in the game. Definitely dwarves and elves, and a lot of other creatures.

Alright, nice. Thanks.

All the Witcher games are medieval in style, but they are not your vanilla medieval fantasy; they are considerably more than that. They are based closely on the work of the Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, who in turn drew not only on Tolkien but also on Slavic and Arthurian sources, and they have their very own black-and-gray morality that can be summed up in one phrase, "choose the lesser evil".

Fairies and Ogres are the only ones you mention that I don't recall from either the books or the games. There are also humans of many nationalities and cultures. Some creatures you didn't mention include genies, golems, and mermaids.

But, for example, vampires and other undead (the fear of which developed in Slavic villages) may figure prominently; elves are bitter enemies of humans; kings, lords, and knights are mostly corrupt and vicious; and your "hero" is not out to save the world, just trying to walk its mean streets without himself becoming mean.

Last edited:
@HaRiS37

It's not the traditional fantasy medieval setting, and you are no knight in shining armour. But you won't be disappointed! I know elves and dwarves have had trouble getting along in several other fantasy installments but CDPR's games from Sapkowski's books are the first I've ever come across the subject of racism. Racism from humans to non-humans is very common in the world(making elves and dwarves ally), and monsters aren't always those who look monstrous.
Most of those races and magical creatures exists in this universe, along with many more. ;)

Welcome! :laughing:

Hey everyone! I have not played Witcher 1 or 2, since I don't have an Xbox 360, or a PC. I do, however own a PS4, and used to own a PS3.

My questions have to do with the content of the game itself...kind of. I have a knack for medieval-styled games: you know...stuff like town squires and kings and lords and knights...will the upcoming Witcher game be medieval-styled?

I also have a knack for mythological creatues: will the following legendary creatures be featured (most likely) in the upcoming Witcher game? :

Elves
Dwarves
Gnomes
Dragons
Fairies
Unicorns
Trolls
Ogres
Nymphs

I may have not listed all mythological creatures. If there's more of them, please kindly list them, and also, will they be roaming around the open world? Thank you everyone.
If World of WarCraft is medieval game, then The Witcher is a medieval game too. In medieval games there are not super powers, magic and monsters. Chivalry Medieval Warfare is a medieval game, War of the Roses is a medieval games. The Settlers series is a medieval game, Stronghold series too...

Did I make my point? Watch the trailer and decide for yourself.

Top Bottom