Missing reaction

+
Missing reaction

Hey guys!

So, you know, I'm a huge fan of the TW series and I like the atmosphere the games create a big deal. But for some reason it kinda leaves me wondering:

Why wont NPCs react to actions they see?

To clarify that statement: You can basically kill a monster in a guys front-yard or steal the clothes anyone is wearing and you don't even get a "hey, I don't even know your name" or some more appropriate reactions.

Given the fact that NPCs react to rain and other "scripted" things, it cant be that much of a problem to implement something like that. OR

Would you mind, if you can't steal anything anymore?

I'd really love to see a TW3 game with npcs reacting to theft and other actions Geralt makes.

what do you think ? Is it MISSING or by design ?

Cheers
Pargulan

I'd really love to see a TW3 game with npcs reacting to theft and other actions Geralt makes.

If you dig around for interviews they say there will be a theft system in W3 similar to the Gothic series, so they're fixing that.

Cheers
Pargulan

Jesus Christ, We already know who you are from your goddamn username. No need to do this.

Already confirmed that you can't just go around looting everyone anymore in TW3, they will react.

And going by this screenshot, it looks like citizens react to fighting as well:

Last edited:
I would say it wasn't present in the previous games because it probably didn't make the cut. But it seems all of that will be fixed in W3, which is a good thing.

Cheers
Pargulan

Hey guys!

So, you know, I'm a huge fan of the TW series and I like the atmosphere the games create a big deal. But for some reason it kinda leaves me wondering:

Why wont NPCs react to actions they see?

To clarify that statement: You can basically kill a monster in a guys front-yard or steal the clothes anyone is wearing and you don't even get a "hey, I don't even know your name" or some more appropriate reactions.

Given the fact that NPCs react to rain and other "scripted" things, it cant be that much of a problem to implement something like that. OR

Would you mind, if you can't steal anything anymore?

what do you think ? Is it MISSING or by design ?

Cheers
Pargulan

We are working on addressing those mechanisms. I think we've already talked about in one of the recent interviews. Rgardless, please expect more light to be shed on this topic in the future.

We are working on addressing those mechanisms. I think we've already talked about in one of the recent interviews. Rgardless, please expect more light to be shed on this topic in the future.

in the NEAR future ?? : ))

we are all starving for more infos.

Cheers
Pargulan

This poor Jewish fellow, whose name gets called again and again in this thread, without even being on the forum. ^^

I'd like people to react to Geralt as they do in the books, people are way too nice to him.

Cheers
Pargulan

A bit offtopic but...

[video=youtube;H4uQ9f8bH-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4uQ9f8bH-w[/video]

Top Bottom