Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cake is a lie. And cookies are MUCH better!

Reminds me of AJ's cooking with Ermac :p

I hope you had a wonderful birthday Aditya. One step closer to on the journey to be a wise wizard.

So I was checking the forums rules just now and I distinctly remember there being a section forbidding discussions about politics and/or religion, but it seems to have been removed with the new forum?

Am I wrong, because I would quite like some political, civilized, debates here.

So I was checking the forums rules just now and I distinctly remember there being a section forbidding discussions about politics and/or religion, but it seems to have been removed with the new forum?

Am I wrong, because I would quite like some political, civilized, debates here.

There is no rule specifically forbidding political or religious discussion. However, political or religious topics frequently arouse members' tempers to the point that other posts that are plainly forbidden are made. There are forum rules against insults, incivility, and spoiling the fun of others, and the moderators have to pacify complainers, warn transgressors, and clean up the mess when this happens.

So the moderators take notice of topics that have strong potential for giving and taking offense, and remind all who would bring up sensitive topics that
In all matters not expressly provided for hereunder, forum users shall accept and abide by the ruling(s) of forum moderators.

I would venture the opinion that:

* If the topic is one in which at least one moderator takes an interest and actively manages the discussion, it stands a good chance of success.
* If the topic is one in which a member of any nationality or religion is likely to take offense at the way his country or faith is depicted, it stands a good chance of ending in a lock and warnings.
* In general, the principle of "ask before posting" if you have a good reason for raising the topic and desire the moderators' assistance in making sure the discussion goes smoothly is a wise one.

Well in that case I would like to create a general politics thread to discuss the current happenings in the world ( Syrian Civil War, Ukrainian Revolution/Revolt/Riots/Coup whatever )

Well in that case I would like to create a general politics thread to discuss the current happenings in the world ( Syrian Civil War, Ukrainian Revolution/Revolt/Riots/Coup whatever )

I think that probably comes into the category of
If the topic is one in which a member of any nationality or religion is likely to take offense at the way his country or faith is depicted, it stands a good chance of ending in a lock and warnings.

If anyone's interested in talking about it with you, it might be best having the discussion through PM.

Well that I find quite ridiculous. You know what if someone take's offense feel free to lock it. There is a difference between a discussion and a statement designed to be provocative.

Well that I find quite ridiculous. You know what if someone take's offense feel free to lock it. There is a difference between a discussion and a statement designed to be provocative.

Not so much as one would think. The difference is not what you say it is: it is not the difference between a discussion and a provocation, but a discussion on a topic that is highly sensitive to other members and therefore easily taken as a provocation, no matter if that is not your intent.

Current disturbing political situations such as the ones you mention are and will remain off limits on this forum as a matter of common courtesy to members who have a personal grievance in the matter. It is within the discretion of the moderators so to direct.

Been having toothaches for the first time in my life. Flushing the particular molar with whiskey made the pain go away.

I think i'm gonna start brushing my teeth with scotch now.

Ha, i had no idea the Sword of Destiny was translated in Dutch. I'm not sure if i'll get it, cause i have the other books in English. I do really want it though.

Not sure why Geralt would bother with braided hair though.

Last edited:
Ha, i had no idea the Sword of Destiny was translated in Dutch. I'm not sure if i'll get it, cause i have the other books in English. I do really want it though.

Not sure why Geralt would bother with braided hair though.

Actually there is already a translation available of the Sword of Destiny, directly translated from German into Dutch. (It shows)

Haha, i had no idea. But if the enemy get's a good swing at such an angle, i don't think the ''cadanettes'' will have a chance of saving you. At least more of a chance than no braids, i guess. Personally, i don't think they look good on men :p

Elven style all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom