Mod Suggestions

+
Mod Suggestions

For people wanting to contribute ideas to the modding community..

My idea:
I'd like to see a story/quest mod that changes the player's character (I love Geralt but this would be incredibly refreshing), perhaps you play as a bandit, a mage, even a monster maybe? I'm not entirely sure how hard it would be to replace the playable character but considering you play as Henselt, Stennis, Roche and Iorveth it seems doable to a degree.

People who make mods probably have a lot more creativity than me but if theres someone with skill in need of inspiration, I'd be happy to tell the rest of my ideas.

Thanks

Well, player's character in my mod is Coen, another witcher. Speaking about none-witcher player's characters... the are limited. You can't open the inventory, can't dodge during combat, no signs, no light attacks, there is no skill tree for none-witchers... I like this idea, but it will take a lot more than just replacing the character.

I'd like to see your mod O: And yeah, it seems pretty hard but it'd be the best mod of its kind, playing as an average joe in the witcher universe has been something ive wanted to see in a long time.

Haha, I'd like to see it too! But it's a lot of work. And firstly it'll come out in russian... only then I'll maybe make an English version, but I can't imagine how would I do that.
Well, I have some ideas about mod with none-witcher character. A lots of options: a blue stripes soldier, an elf, redanian spym la Valette knight... it's a pity that everyone wanna make mod with Geralt and Dandelion -_-

So there is the topic "I don't know sh*t about modding, not willing too, but my idea is certainly better than one you're working on, so i'm going to post it here" ;)

I don't see the issue with people posting their ideas, Fartuess. Not everyone has the time for serious modding, but would still enjoy to take part in it. Sometimes ideas like that might even inspire some modder to create a mod.

The problem with adventures that are completely different from the witcher and don't have Geralt as a main protagonist is not that no modder already thought of that (believe me, many people including me already tried it), but the fact that it is very difficult, since if you use another player model, it has all the witcher abilities, etc. If you don't want these abilities, you can create a entity like the Henselt we could play in The Witcher 2, but they can barely do anything. So if you want a mod that is more "adventure-like" and completely different from the main game with only talking and interacting with things, you can actually do that with Redkit.

Ps: Milten, I did not know that "everyone" makes mods with Geralt and Dandelion. I thought it was just me. ;)

Last edited:
Nope, Geralt and Dandelion is a common idea. Everyone firslte think about them. Ouf course you can make a great story using these characters, but can also messed up. As for me, it's not easy to work with characters who are created by someone who's not you.

I don't see the issue with people posting their ideas, Fartuess. Not everyone has the time for serious modding, but would still enjoy to take part in it. Sometimes ideas like that might even inspire some modder to create a mod.

In theory - yes. In practice - i saw a lot of simmiliar topcis in various places. Nothing intereseting mostly. Not even mentioning that Darkstar idea is very trivial.

How about if the adventurer started as a soldier with no powers (like Henselt, could fight but cannot use anything else) but then granted *Witcher like mutations* after an experiment by an alchemist or a supernatural being? (Which would give the illusion that the character is not a Witcher at all, just shares some mutations but not the backstory)

I used to make mods for Max Payne 1, do you guys think i would be able to menage to create a mod using RedKit? Its been... what?... 10 years since the last time I've made a story mod... wow.. time flies.. :D

Should i even bother to download the whole RedKit set and give it a try?

Last edited:
Sure! If you already have some modding experience, you should be able to get into Redkit pretty quickly. There are a ton of tutorials in the wiki and of course you can always ask if you have a question! :)

My suggestion would be a project to further improve variety in character models in witcher 2.
I mean lets face it, althogh recycling same character models is not so bad as in witcher 1 we meet little too often these guysView attachment 2153

as well as same guards, elves dwarves etc trying to be different persons.
Adding different colors in hairs and clothes and different beards, tattoos etc could do wonders methinks. Thats all i ask.

Attachments

• 43dd5b0b5899db63480d1d2c83a75556e627620c_large.jpg
    43dd5b0b5899db63480d1d2c83a75556e627620c_large.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I'd like it but I wouldn't be along the lines of willing since I can only barely make a Skyrim mod :(

Played FCR2 on Roche's path, act 2 when you're reliving the memories of Aukes and noticed that the sword fighting was changed to Geralt's (Not limited to heavy attacks only). This begs the question: Would it be possible to use similar techniques to allow sign and alchemy use? Alchemy seems a lot more complicated but sign use should be quite possible, anybody know if this would be easy to achieve?

I'd kill to be able to play as Serrit.. I'd also probably be willing to learn how to properly use the redkit as well O:

I would really like a mod that gave you the Riposte, Parry from all directions, whirl and deflect arrows talents from level 1 (would only need 1 point in all of them)

I feel that combat isn't really all that enjoyable until you unlock these abilities, which by all rights and logic Geralt should already have.

Could even keep you from gaining talent-points until you got to level 6 in order to even out the total number of talents acquired in a playthrough.

I know that FCR2 basically does this (and more) but there are certain aspects to that mod that I don't like, and I would like one that only unlocked the full potential of the vanilla combat system a little bit earlier.

If anybody could make this, I would be eternally grateful =)

Here is a mod that does something similar, but is way too OP while also eliminating the possibility of customizing your talent-build
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/m...r2/ajax/moddescription/?id=659&preview=&pUp=1

Top Bottom