7970 major fps issue in cutseens.

+
7970 major fps issue in cutseens.

my issue is with the wicher 2 enhanced edition on steam.I have try'd posting in other forum's but with no luck to solving this problem so i'm hoping someone can do so here..i should be able to max this game with no issues.i can run the game in ultra with ubersampling and i get 40 fps in game. 60fps if im not using ubersampling. but for some odd unknown reason the cutscenes will randomly drop my fps to 12.and either shoot back up to 60fps straight away,after some time or it will just stay on 12fps untill the cutscene is over and back to controlling the game. like for example at the start of the tutorial in the wood speeking with the injured man outside the house. one time it would run 60fps no problem..and the next time i replay that tutorial that same cutscene will run at a poor 12fps. this continues to happens at some point with cutscenes during the game..and the only way to rid it is to alt tab out and back in again..but this is only a temp fix because when i next come to a cutscene it happens again so having to alt tab out is a pain and this should not be somthing i have to put up with.sorry... ..things i have tryd. running game at lower graphic settings,running game n windows mode..disabling vsync, disabling cinamatic dof, forcing vsync through CCC,trying to force verious options using CCC or radeon pro,reinstalling graphic card drivers,making sure windows is in high performance mode,turning of UAC, removing a page file size on my game hard drive. im reely stompt and clules as to what to do at this point.nothing has worked.i hope someone can help me.

my spec
i5 3570k 4.5ghz
cooler:corsairH100
motherboard:asus sabertooth z77
ram:corsair vengance 1600mhz 8x8
gpu:saphire 7970 ghz edition vapor x cool 3gig(using the 13.14 WHQL driver
game harddrive: western digital cardio black 1T
OS SSD: samsung evo 250gb

i uninstalld it using the amd cleaning tool and ontop of that i used driver sweeper to make sure no drivers were left around. cleanred registrys.usinc cc clener..restarting computer and then installing the driver. thats the way iv done it for as long as i can remember. thank you for replying

Hopefully they can help you, you seem to have tried all the common fixes. One other thing that might help is turning off Blur in the options and making sure all of the graphical settings such as AA etc. are set to application controlled in CCC.

how long dose it normaly take for cdproject to reply back to an issue..its been 3 days now. no email nothing...(sigh) anywaz doing some more tweeking and it seems that if i disable all the dof effects manuley in the user file by setting them to 0 and read only. i dont get this random drop in fps.played for over 1 hour yesterday and i did not experince the frame drop. but i did experince a crash were the game just froze and i had to alt delt to terminate it. this happend in the town in chapter 1.and allso i was getting flashing white textures when turning with my mouse.it was very quick flashes but it was there. very anoing. but this along with not being able to use dof effects should not be happning considering my card. i have no issue like this running any other games such as crysiss 3 or metro last light. im thinking maybe its a driver issue with amd maybe? but i have tryd the 13.12 and 14.1 beta drivers and still the same thing happens so i reely dont no :( is there anyone els on this fourm that has the same card as me? ie a vapor x not just a standerd 7970 ghz editon. and if so are they experinceing this problem? i reely want to get into this game. :(

Last edited:
thanks for replying. yes i have done overclocking .but i allso updated the bios and in doing so it set everything back to stock.i did try testing the witcher 2 after this and the same thing happens. i have put back my overclock since its not the problem causing this. running integrity game cache was one of the first things i did before all the other things i tryd.

Last edited:
ffs iv tryd reinstalling the drivers and doing the steam cach thing.and still its dropin in fps..wtf sorry to rant but this is making me angry.

Try disabling just the feature "Cinematic DOF". This worked for me with an nVidia card that dragged during cutscenes. I think something that made the feature perform badly got in in the EE. Others may have different results.

stil drops my framerate. i have to disable all dof effects...i shouldent have to do this..i see vids on youtube with peeps running this game on ultra no problem..its fucked up..i can run ubersampeling but not dof effects?? thats just wierd.

Try DXWebSetup and see if it update something.

Also have you tried removing your card and re-seating it in slot again ? yeah this sounds odd solution but I remember something like this happening to me with Call of Duty long time ago when game fps dropped to 5 - 6 in some scenes randomly but after re-seating the card it started working properly.

re-seeting the card....havent tryd that but this is the ONLY game that gives me issues. metro last light..othergames no sudden frame rate drop and that games uses that dof effect.even an enb shader for skyrim ..frame rate is around 45fps .but thats to be expected with enb. but nothing like drops in the 11fps in witcher 2 when i enable dof effect. and i still havent herd anything back from cd projekt.

Last edited:
I think that fixed it..so far so good no slow down. i wish i knew what program was causing it to do this though. if things change i will post again. if not problem solved and thanks:)

well i tryd the cleanboot thing along with running the software thing that came up when i went to that page u posted. but it started doing it again after about a few minuts after the previous post above this one... ..however i allso found out by chance that by disabling my antivirus software Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware the problem has not happen at all..been playing for 4 hours solid and not once have i had the frame drop. :) everything enabled:) it must be somthing to do with the cleanboot and my antivirus beacus previously trying to disable it did not fix the issue. i think the problem is fixed now though im not running any antivirus witch could be a bad thing.

Yeah, turning off all antivirus for even a short time is not a good thing.

Malwarebytes has been known to interfere with Windows DPC (Deferred Procedure Calls), which can slow down streaming functions. The "Malicious Website Blocking" feature appears to be the culprit. It causes extremely long interrupt service times when there is network activity, or when interrupt lines are shared between network cards and other devices. See Malwarebytes reeks [sic] havoc with DPC levels on Windows 7 and 8

If you can adjust your Malwarebytes settings until you get a combination where the game does not stall this way, everybody here would be very grateful to know which settings are important. Turning off malicious website blocking would be the first thing I would try.

Last edited:
hmmm i did have windows secuirty esentials running. i can try to keep Malwarebytes running but turn of that setting and see if that works. will this do?or is it safe to just keep windows security esentials running when playing

Top Bottom