Übersampling in The Witcher 3 petition

+
Ubersampling is a wasteful form of antialiasing, as are all other brute-force methods, and excessive antialiasing creates artifacts that are no less objectionable than the jaggies.

What they really need to do is make the game play nice with a variety of AA technologies, not just Ubersampling, MSAA, or TXAA, but injectable technologies like SMAA.

Shhh! They have to justify their 4xTitan.

I don't understand people, one option that only adds some better image quality like a better AA, but not improve graphics or almost nothing and they complain about it saying that the game is bad. The Witcher 2 runs better than any other game i played before in the same range of graphics quality games, it looks better than crysis 3 and runs twice faster, even runs faster than crysis 1 at max settings, of course without ubersampling.
I think that extreme physics on wolfs are better than ubersampling.

People are talking like ubersampling would take ages to implement and CDPR should focus on something else. Well, I doubt it takes that much time to implement. Mainly they just need higher res skins for some things (mostly the important stuff). And, yeah, it still might not be worth it, but so what? It's a small effort for some people who like the feature. That's all.

Ah, not that I have an issue with people maxing their super-rigs, but in terms of time expended for results, I'd like to see that time spent making sure the game works with as few crashes as possible, as few shadow issues as possible, as few thatching issues as possible, on a variety of currently common AA solutions.

If you are building a super-rig and want to push it, I advise spending a few extra dollars and getting another couple monitors. Run at really high resolutions and try to max those, before any Ubersampling. That'll keep you challenged. 7680x1600, ( triple 30" monitors) anyone?

The guy literally says that they're going to try to implement Ubersampling or include it in a later patch, despite some of the mixed feedback. He just can't promise it 100%. In fact, they plan on adding in even more advanced features.

Doesnt matter, i own an AMD gpu.

Brute-force AA like Ubersampling and injectable AA technologies like SMAA are not manufacturer-locked. Temporal SMAA (T2x and 4x modes) supersedes any need for nVidia's proprietary TXAA.

o.o i didnt know that, i thought Nvidia plays Ubersampling much better since it was optimised for them

I definitely think they should add the option for ubersampling. The GPU I have now won't be able to play Witcher 3 on max settings with ubersampling, but it can play Witcher 2 on max with ubersampling and I can absolutely see a difference. Everything looks a lot smoother.

I definitely think they should add the option for ubersampling. The GPU I have now won't be able to play Witcher 3 on max settings with ubersampling, but it can play Witcher 2 on max with ubersampling and I can absolutely see a difference. Everything looks a lot smoother.
or they could.... just implement features that make the game look good and optimize them without having to resort to poor performance draining bruteforce method.

Dude did you see the footage? Who cares! That wasn't even the final product footage.

or they could.... just implement features that make the game look good and optimize them without having to resort to poor performance draining bruteforce method.

No matter how good they get it to look, it will look better with ubersampling, I guarantee it. I'm not saying it should be mandatory or to ignore other features to implement this one, just add it for those who would use it.

I would go for AA instead of Uber.

That said .... Uber on Witcher 3 would make it the best looking game of all time.

I'm in favor of having Ubersampling as long as it isn't a cheap replacement of other properly optimized and more useful effects.

So like @sidspyker said, concentrate on "just implement features that make the game look good and optimize them without having to resort to poor performance draining bruteforce method." but later add Ubersampling or stuff like it for those that have more than enough power to max out the game.

Let each application of graphical enhancements fulfill their separate role.

The more options, the merrier for gamers, It can serve as future proof so games wont look too dated when people replay it 5 years later

Top Bottom