If the game doesn't have [blank] i will be disappointed..

+
I just got to thinking.
One thing I really hope to see in CyberPunk is wino's, junkies, bag ladies, people living in cardboard boxes, etc.
Most wouldn't even have to be animated, think of them as "living street furniture".
NOT downtown of course (well, maybe in the alleys), but in the more run-down parts of the city they should be a fairly common sight.

I agree with Suhir, but they should definitely be animated.... they should babble all kinds of shit at you, and swing at you with disease encrusted socks full of rocks and shit if you get in their faces... or maybe you can win em over with a bottle of liquor, or a bowl of chili or something...

I agree with Suhir, but they should definitely be animated.... they should babble all kinds of shit at you, and swing at you with disease encrusted socks full of rocks and shit if you get in their faces... or maybe you can win em over with a bottle of liquor, or a bowl of chili or something...

I assure you I have no objection at all to them being animated.
But I'd prefer non-animated to non-existent.

What do you guys mean with animated? All I can think is are they moving or just painted on background but that can't be it?

What do you guys mean with animated? All I can think is are they moving or just painted on background but that can't be it?
Thats pretty much it... static motionless lumpos of homeless people... or animated NPC homeless people sleeping or sitting against walls etc...

Hmmm I'd go for animated. I need to hunt those hobos down and steal their yellow/brown undies. But yeah just like any other npc I'd like to be able to loot everything they have on them so they need to be killable/interactable someway.

Better than the ridiculous scenario of a well-paid corporate Security Manager looting garbage cans in DX:HR

I had forgotten about that.... christ....

Although the idea of non animated hobos does have an appeal...

Imagine, taking cover behind homeless people during gunfights... and the tactical advantages of bag lady defense lines...

Better than the ridiculous scenario of a well-paid corporate Security Manager looting garbage cans in DX:HR

Hey! Then you complain about roles limiting your skill or about not enough freedom in games! Why couldn't a Security Manager loot garbage cans? Is that role locked for hobos only? That's unrealistic!

Of course the Corp suit can loot the garbage can... he is just gonna get laughed at and lose the promotion because the client complained he smelled like old socks and used diapers soaked in thai food...

Of course the Corp suit can loot the garbage can... he is just gonna get laughed at and lose the promotion because the client complained he smelled like old socks and used diapers soaked in thai food...

ok, but your cut of the haul is going to consist entirely of used hypodermic needles and prophylactics..

ok, but your cut of the haul is going to consist entirely of used hypodermic needles and prophylactics..

Well, you can find the most amazing things in places you may never expect..

There is this huge diamond called the "Spoonmaker's Diamond" that was found in the trash..

When i was little, there was this old homeless guy who lived on a bench near library, when he died, they found his pistol that was reported to be stolen long before he was homeless, so chances are, he did something bad with it..

About a year ago, there was this guy who was digging trough a pile of rubble and he found about 50,000 Turkish Lira's in a small bag, it was in the news and everything.. As soon as they found it, he turned it over to the police.. that fool.. They were still looking for the owner..

My point is, you see, you can find a diamond in the trash, a pistol on a homeless person and a bag full of cash in a pile of rubble.. Rare, but possible..

So.... stripping naked and running through the sewer with your roomate/father is not an out of the question idea for you?

So.... stripping naked and running through the sewer with your roomate/father is not an out of the question idea for you?

Is that a proposition? Are you seriouslu going to cheat on Sard? I know he has less time for you now he's a mod and all, but i figured you would be into his Judge Anderson outfit.

How the hell does that relate to anything i said? Why do you feel the need to "seem" clever when we could have a decent discussion..

I will destroy your car for this.. When i get my hand on it.. I already bought my ticket..

Top Bottom