CRC error help please?

+
CRC error help please?

I'm tried installing the gave a few times, normally, by copying Aall the files to my HD and lastly in safemodewith all 3 ways it's given me this error CRC error: the file C:\Program Files\The Witcher\Data\Movies\intro.bik doesn't match files in the setup's .cab file. THe medium from witch you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendorI looked on the boards for a fix but the one I found was incompleteI have played the game beore on this same system but I can't install it now- Safe mode install (gave me CRC)- Reboot again and install (gave me CRC)- Copy entire CD to hard disk and install there (gave me CRC)- Uninstall any Deamon tools, powerISO or any other CD Emulators entirely (completely took out PowerISO even though its a legit, legal copy, used for creating backups of games, movies, and albums, so that I dont have to ruin the CDs)- Try multiple times (cant count how many times)- Check CD for scratches (its brand new)- Take it back to the store for a refund (No can do, too long since I bought it)Is there something im missing???heres my specsCPU Specs. Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)System Manufacturer: NVIDIA System Model: AWRDACPI BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 FX-62 Dual Core Processor, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz Memory: 2048MB RAM Page File: 1512MB used, 2427MB available Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)DX Setup Parameters: Not found DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit UnicodeGraphic card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS

Groundshaker said:
with all 3 ways it's given me this error CRC error: the file C:\Program Files\The Witcher\Data\Movies\intro.bik doesn't match files in the setup's .cab file. THe medium from witch you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor
any anti-virus running? any Nero or other cd/dvd utility running?read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 too

got Avira AntiVir running but I had it running when I installed last timeI didn't find anything in the FAQ that relates to my problem (I may have missed something if there was)

Groundshaker said:
got Avira AntiVir running but I had it running when I installed last time
this could interferedisable quit any running applicationuse MagicDisc ( as the FAQ says ) to make ISO images of the disk and install from that ISO

Top Bottom