Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
and will they put in a little of cybergeneration in the game as well?

ok but you think they will show or put in a little bit of cybergeneration in the game

Talk about impatient...

I believe everything up to the end of the Firestorm books will be treated as canon for 2077.

Mike made it quite clear that Cybergen is an 'alternate timeline' and that V.3 should be viewed the same. I doubt we would be seeing much, if anything, from either of them.

It would be cool if some of the net running was somewhat based on reality. As a security professional, and futurist I can attest that there are some pretty cool things in reality, and if some actual knowledge or proficiency in information technology was tied to the game I think it would attract a serious niche market.

On the AI issue.
Let me give my answer on how close we are to having a functioning AI by asking a question.

To any real-life computer programmer (not someone that uses Excel, the folks that create Excel) reading this forum - How close are we to a functional AI?

My answer - Not very.

Ask someone 5 years ago how close we are to virtual reality and they would have told you twenty to thirty years, now we are getting no later than 2015 with the oculus rift. I would think by 2077 artificial intelligence would be common.

As I said, I want everything in the books (or as much as feasible) to be in the game. I want the future to be loud and crazy. It should be amazing and weird. Familiar and different at the same time. Like blade runner, ghost in the shell, appleseed..etc and other media.

What about going full conversion borg? It is something no other game has ever attempted, but doing things no other game has ever done is kind of the point.

What about going full conversion borg? It is something no other game has ever attempted, but doing things no other game has ever done is kind of the point.

Bioshock 2. Off the top of my head. People probably have other examples, too.

Not that I really disagree with you, as long as a loud and crazy future is still plausible to my layman's perspective.

Bioshock 2. Off the top of my head. People probably have other examples, too.

Not that I really disagree with you, as long as a loud and crazy future is still plausible to my layman's perspective.

I think some of the 80/90's scifi anime is a good example. A lot of it had future tech that was common and a punk feel about it, but done in a way that seemed natural enough, but made exciting with the setting of the world and people in it.

I think some of the 80/90's scifi anime is a good example. A lot of it had future tech that was common and a punk feel about it, but done in a way that seemed natural enough, but made exciting with the setting of the world and people in it.

Man, anime in the 80's and 90's really was just lightyears better in terms of concept and coherence than what we are getting nowadays. These days it seems like the goal is either to make anime thats wierd just for the sake of being wierd... I think Hakkendedn started the trend, but it really took off with Dead Leaves... now nothing is ever just straightforward, it's all gotta have some bizarre twist...

I haven;t found an anime I really loved since Black Lagoon...

Though I am anticpating the Appleseed and GITS series...

Man, anime in the 80's and 90's really was just lightyears better in terms of concept and coherence than what we are getting nowadays. These days it seems like the goal is either to make anime thats wierd just for the sake of being wierd... I think Hakkendedn started the trend, but it really took off with Dead Leaves... now nothing is ever just straightforward, it's all gotta have some bizarre twist...

I haven;t found an anime I really loved since Black Lagoon...

Though I am anticpating the Appleseed and GITS series...

Do you mean Appleseed XIII and GITS Arise? Have you heard about Appleseed Alpha? It seems it's another CGI movie that will be a reboot... and still be directed by the same guy. What's the point? Well, whatever it takes if they're making it closer to the manga... which I'm not sure if they will.

This, or just having a nice design and pulling away the "street & punk" side, remaining just the "cyber", wich is pretty boring usually.

Do you mean Appleseed XIII and GITS Arise? Have you heard about Appleseed Alpha? It seems it's another CGI movie that will be a reboot... and still be directed by the same guy. What's the point? Well, whatever it takes if they're making it closer to the manga... which I'm not sure if they will.

Yeah I meant XIII and Arise, hadn't herd about Alpha.... goddammit.... why does every appleseed have to be CGI? If they are going to do new appleseed, especially in the form of yet another reboot, just go with traditional fucking animation... christ.... why does gits get all the love?

For the beginning or origin, having the beginning set up where you start as a child and play through a series of "short stories" that all affect the story that comes up next or the one after the next, and the stats are chosen based on how you chose to solve those problems or survive through the situation. For example, if you are born to a gang and a squad of police raid your gang and start arresting your fellow gang members, but dismiss you because your too young. You are left under the watch of a single cop while the rest of the squad get stuck in a shoot out on the floor above you. You are given the opportunity to shoot or accept being taken in for questioning. If you shoot, do you then attack the cops shooting your gang or do you escape. If you get questioned are you compliant or do you curse out the cops. By showing that there can be direct consequences in this dark and unfair world.

Having a few of these dynamic short origin stories could help show what this game could be about. Be who you want to be and thrive through the consequences.

Last edited:
The ability to start your on gang or organization has a lot of merit and has been discussed here pretty frequently...

Not sure if it should be tied in to the special ability of certain classes, namely fixers, corproates, nomads, or if it should just be something anyone can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom