What if CDPR got the rights to make D&D games after TW3?

+
What if CDPR got the rights to make D&D games after TW3?

CDPR Dev/Team sure would do it justice.
I always wanted an awesome D&D RPG video game since I was little. TW3's Art/Style would be Amazing for it alone!!
Could it ever be done?

Well we already have Bioware's old library which make good use of that license. But having a good modern licensed game would be cool as well.

3.5 rules pls.

I always wanted an awesome D&D RPG video game since I was little.

Baldur's Gate series is the answer, my friend.

As for your question. I don't really see CDPR going in for another medieval fantasy license when they already have one. I would rather see them develop their own unique setting. Besides, they are in a priviliged position with the Witcher - it being Polish and all that. But who knows ? I imagine many of the developers from CDPR grew up on D&D as well.

As far as I know the license in in the hands of Hasbro and for some time used to be with Atari. But to be honest... I think the time for D&D based video games has passed AND yes, I'm aware of Neverwinter MMO and NO, Torment: Tides of Numenera is not D&D based. It seems to me that it's just cheaper to create all the lore on your own, especially if you gonna deal with generic Tolkienesque worlds.

I'd like CDPR to make some games based on the World of Darkness by White Wolf. Especially since no one else is interested it seems.

I loved Baldur's Gate. I cannot even imagine what cool stuff cdpr would do for that game. Anyways you seem to know your stuff man and I agree;)

Chtulhu would be much cooler!
D&D wouldn't fit with the realism and moral complexity they like to go for. Also, I think, the world is much poorer in design. But don't get me wrong, I still love our D&D sessions. :)

I doubt it honestly, I would like them to continue making games with darker fantasy /sci-fi themes. My proposition would be Neuroshima - polish Pen&Paper RPG, set in apocalyptic USA, a mix of Fallout, Mad Max and Terminator (sort of). Just saying.

I'd like CDPR to make some games based on the World of Darkness by White Wolf. Especially since no one else is interested it seems.

World of Darkness - 2010 Animatic Trailer

World of Darkness Gameplay - First in-game footage

I would like to have single player RPG in World of Darkness but CCP own IP( makers of EVE Online) they merged with White Wolf in 2006, its supposed to be MMO.And its been in development years already.

D&D is soooo last decade :p

Proper Call of Cthulhu RPG instead, please! (yeah, I know, I repeat myself)

My childhood pen and paper RPGS was Cyberpunk , D&D and Cthulhu and of course Kryształy Czasu (first polish p&p RPG?).We have already D&D , Cyberpunk is in the making so i would love to play Call of Cthulhu or Kryształy Czasu RPG's made by CDPR but mostly on world's made by Feliks Wiktor Kres they are also dark and gritty like Witcher universe.

Last edited:

IsengrimR

Would be nice, but to be fair what I would like to see is EA going down in flames and CDPR getting their hands on the Mass Effect license.

Imagine that... I mean seriously...
Hell, I would beg them for a remake of the series ( cause IMO Me2 and ( especially ) Me3 do not give this universe justice ).

It would be... beautiful.

But that's wishful thinking and a bit of an offtop, for which I apologise ( guilty as charged :p ), but just wanted to put it out there.

ME is not interesting enough for me. I'd rather have a cool Stargate game with lots of technology and humour. But I am not sure, that would be for CD project. But a Cthulhu like horror/investigation RPG sounds awesome. Or even a criminal detective adventure RPG. There a way too few of those and hardly any have the depth and good writing that keeps you hooked.

Would be nice, but to be fair what I would like to see is EA going down in flames and CDPR getting their hands on the Mass Effect license.

Imagine that... I mean seriously...
Hell, I would beg them for a remake of the series ( cause IMO Me2 and ( especially ) Me3 do not give this universe justice ).

It would be... beautiful.

But that's wishful thinking and a bit of an offtop, for which I apologise ( guilty as charged :p ), but just wanted to put it out there.

I would buy that game in a hearthbeat. I really like the ME universe that has been created over the years but especially the last game was a big let down of what I hoped it would be. And I don't think EA would let go of the ME license they got a new ME in the works and it makes them money so i'm guessing that will never happen.

CDPR Dev/Team sure would do it justice.
I always wanted an awesome D&D RPG video game since I was little. TW3's Art/Style would be Amazing for it alone!!
Could it ever be done?

What if indeed? What's not to like? CDPR could pull it off nicely! :lol:
@Luxorek
Ah, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2.....those were the days. Let me reminisce for a spell. ::)

Last edited:
The last thing you want is a mostly independent studio like CDPR to become involved with corporate filth like Hasbro. I never tire of bringing up the Shadowrun/FASA/Microsoft case: Harebrained Schemes wanted to bring back Shadowrun, and M$ took a big dump on their party complicating even basic goals. Also good luck having CDPR release a DRM-free D&D game. From what I understand, Hasbro wouldn't license one of the "older" settings, 3.5 or even AD&D, so they would have to settle with 4E (generally considered the worst).

Finally D&D is turn based, party based exploration and combat. That doesn't really sound like CDPR to me. Now something in the vein of Call of Cthulhu or World of Darkness sounds awesome, but then again, all I ask CDPR is to be careful with who they play with. At least Mike Pondsmith seems to be cool with CDPR, but not everybody will agree to CDPR's standards (especially in terms of DRM).

I'm a sucker for mythology and I'd like a CDPR game (action/RPG with actual RP) set in mythical ancient Babylon or Assyria, defying the gods and slapping them with the flesh of divine bulls like Enkidu and Gilgamesh. Or they could acquire/revive Blade of Darkness and add some of the RP elements of The Witcher (Dark Souls killer right there).

Last edited:
D&D is definitely not the IP for them. Let these guys pick stuff a bit outside the mainstream. That's why we're getting Cyberpunk. They understand that genre is making a comeback and has immediate story telling potential, but it's not space marines or another FPS war game. I still say they should take a page from FWH and release stand alone titles with mid-range prices. A 15-20 hr game for 30 USD, one every year or so. That way they have the blockbusters coming out every 3 years, and smaller titles to keep fans satisfied during the interim.

Top Bottom