Character Customization!

+
P.S. What this discussion has to do with the OT is beyond me.

So unimaginative.

I kind of lost that a bit, too, but a not-so-quick glance seems to indicate that part of Wisdom's character customization isn't merely limited to appearance, but Role-specific choices. How such a character choice would affect your gameplay, side stories, Rep, consequences of that choice, etc.

Kind of an on-going customization process.

Also, -not-crazy. I have a stamp.

Perhaps the quests should be designed so that failure may not (always) be the end of all things, but a way of offering increased reactivity; perhaps sometimes even providing a new branch (and choice) to it or to newly opening questline that would otherwise be unachievable. It wouldn't matter if the player would savescum his way through it to the desired victory (and it could even be detrimental to his character in some way), he'd miss out on the rest of the solutions that, as said, might provide something unique. If you play as the game wants to be played, you swallow your pride and accept the consequence. Sometimes the player might feel like failing by intent because the reactivity it provides might enhance his chances elsewhere (or provide other kinds of effects that may or may not be desired).

Yeah, but Sard... crazy...

What kofeiiniturpa said.
Failed missions should be OK, and shouldn't always be "winnable" by restoring. Missions fail because you, as a player, decide that failure is OK, that it's maybe better to walk away from this one. Maybe the guy you're supposed to hit bribes you, or you discover that the guy who gave you the mission was lying through his teeth. Missions fail because you never even hear about the mission, or because you choose to do something else that's mutually exclusive. Missions fail because you killed a critical NPC three hours ago and now find he was the only source of vital information.

Missions can fail all the time, the important thing is that the game keeps going.

This is totally the direct I actually expect CDPR to go. Failure should always be an option. In fact, it should potentially open up further options.

This is totally the direct I actually expect CDPR to go. Failure should always be an option. In fact, it should potentially open up further options.

It would definitely add depth to your character.
There should obviously be consequences for failure, within the context of what the task was, of course.

Say you are being initiated into one of the gangs, and your first task is to break into a rival gang's hideout, and steal some item of importance. When you arrive you sneak your way through, but you find one rival member asleep on a cot in a closet. Clearly, you are not going pass up the chance to mess with him! So you do what anyone would do. You tie his shoe laces together, place his hand a bucket of warm water, while, with a sharpie, drawing male genitalia on his forehead, and... Oh shit! You've been caught!

They knock you out, take you into their chop-shop, and hack off an augmented arm. Then they toss you outside in a dumpster in some random location. You awaken, disoriented, and have failed to complete your task.

Having consequences that could physically effect your character would be interesting.

Attachments

• a001.jpg
    a001.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 90
Hair styles needed... windblown-spiked hair ala mad Gibsons in the Road Warrior, a Gibson/Russel-esque mullet (Thunderdome or Escape styley), a giant Afro, some long dreads, a large mohawk... really a long soft mohawk, like Storm from the X-men used to ahve would be an awesome option, as opposed to just the standard straight fin....

Hair styles needed... windblown-spiked hair ala mad Gibsons in the Road Warrior, a Gibson/Russel-esque mullet (Thunderdome or Escape styley), a giant Afro, some long dreads, a large mohawk... really a long soft mohawk, like Storm from the X-men used to ahve would be an awesome option, as opposed to just the standard straight fin....

... and for everyone that isn't a nomad I am sure some interesting creativity will ensue, (though hopefully not too much inspired by The Fifth Element.)

... and for everyone that isn't a nomad I am sure some interesting creativity will ensue, (though hopefully not too much inspired by The Fifth Element.)

If we can ignore the hair from 5th Element and the "ugh" Hunger Games movies altogether, life will be great...

You know, I think it's funny, the whol shaved head with bangs thing... because the only ones who don't realize how stupid they look are the ones with that haristyle, because the bangs in the mirror hide it...

Well, they are aptly named I guess, because I really would like to beat to death anyone I see wearing one...

Jeebus.

CyberPUNK.

You people will love working for Arasaka one day.

Now, i have nothing against punk, but there is punk, and there is this weird styles they claim to be punk, but i wager those people are just trying to draw attention and look as strange as possible..

This is punk:

Not too weird, just right..

This however is some weird shit disguised as punk: (Not the greatest example, but will do)

There is something to be said for trying to hard and missing the point..

Top Bottom