PC-Shutdown after starting the witcher

+
PC-Shutdown after starting the witcher

Hi there,my PC totally turns off after a few seconds, when i start the game! Is there anyone who had this problem, too, and solved it? Its not only a crash, it is really a superfast shutdown! The PC won´t restart afterwards. I have to pull the power-plug and put it in again to bring my PC to life. The Problem can not be something like overheating, my hardware is OK and new enough (K9A2, AMD 6000+, full 1066 Mhz Ram, 9800 GTX++ 1024 GDR3 VRam).Perhaps something with my old monitor (No LCD/LED/Plasma.......pure glass!?Greetings to all players who are able to enjoy this wonderful game!Fred 63

Open the case and look for dust build up on the fan of the processor and video card... It is most likely to be the problem you are having :)

Fred63 said:
Hi there,my PC totally turns off after a few seconds, when i start the game! Is there anyone who had this problem, too, and solved it? Its not only a crash, it is really a superfast shutdown! The PC won´t restart afterwards. I have to pull the power-plug and put it in again to bring my PC to life. The Problem can not be something like overheating, my hardware is OK and new enough (K9A2, AMD 6000+, full 1066 Mhz Ram, 9800 GTX++ 1024 GDR3 VRam).Perhaps something with my old monitor (No LCD/LED/Plasma.......pure glass!?
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if one exists )

Hello!I newly bought your game and was hoping to play it, but as of now... I ... cant ::)When I start the game, the monitor goes blackthe mouse pointer is changed to a hand (the game cursor i assume ;) )then after a few seconds, the pc shuts down and reboots...no error logs is being created in witchers/system or even a windows error log...I have defragged itinstalled the latest direct x and drivershope you can help!

yes even with the hotfix the pc still reboots on startups.sorry I forgot to tell you that in my other post :whistle:

did that and no errors reported.its strange that I get the same startup crash with another game: Heroes of Annihilated Empiersand when I tried witcher on my other computer it ran fine (with low graphics that is) and HoAE works fine on that computer as well...

choarrim said:
its strange that I get the same startup crash with another game: Heroes of Annihilated Empiersand when I tried witcher on my other computer it ran fine (with low graphics that is) and HoAE works fine on that computer as well...
then something is wrong on this systemtry to run OCCT PowerSupply test for some hours and see how that goes

Top Bottom