Votes: 12 8.3%
  • 80% sad/disappointed/crushed 20% relieved/glad/content

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • 90% sad/disappointed/crushed 10% relieved/glad/content

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Not sure/still in shock/it will wear off

Votes: 6 4.2%

• Total voters
Slightly disappointed but we're talking maybe a two to four month delay, not a year or even more. So not a big deal. I'll be able to work on the ol' backlog even more now too. Just ready for a solid release date in order to plan the week off. "Sometime in any part of Februar" doesn't seem to cut it when planning a vacaction.

I really hope they spend the time optimizing the game..since the witcher 2 requirements are kinda crazy !

I'm really happy about it, more polish= better product. I'm thinking in my naive mindset that this is due to all the things in the wishlist we've requested, to which they've said: "Ok, that's just too cool not to be in the game!"

Last edited:
Specific poll options are specific.

The main reason I'm slightly (30%) disappointed is just because the bloody-thirsty side in me wanted to see W3 go against the other goliaths of 2014. Then again, there'll be something sweet about it if it wins 2015 as soon a February, while 2015-December releases still won't be as good. Hopefully.

I'm one of the more disappointed ones... because now I have to think of a use for my gaming rig. Any ideas? I guess I could give DS2 a shot when it comes out.

Watch Dogs maybe? :rolleyes: I think it will put your rig into use. Rumours of devs downgrading graphics may be interesting to discuss but is moot for me. I think that if you want to max settings you will still need a rig with a lot of juice. ;)

EDIT: GTA 5 maybe?

I vote 80/20, do think the game need a bit more time since some crucial gameplay designers leave and I'm sure it isn't easy to finish such a big game and live up to hype. Just look at ubisoft's big open world games, they all had a drop in quality when release compare to the trailers because they were forced to be on schedule.

do think the game need a bit more time since some crucial gameplay designers leave

How many times does CDPR have to tell people that the designers that left had basically finished what they had to do, thus not impacting the game's development in any way?

game need a bit more time since some crucial gameplay designers leave and I'm sure it isn't easy to finish such a big game and live up to hype. Just look at ubisoft's big open world games, they all had a drop in quality when release compare to the trailers because they were forced to be on schedule.
The designers left after the game's 'production cycle'. Meaning they had no role what so ever anymore because the game has been completed content wise.

I voted for 20 - 80. I almost expected it to be delayed (I kind of still do, TW2 was also scheduled to come out around Feb.)
I believe they really want to end Geralt's story on a high note.
I'm thinking in my naive mindset that this is due to all the things in the wishlist we've requested, to which they've said: "Ok, that's just too cool not to be in the game!"
As much as I'd love to think that, I'm not sure if those additional 2-4 months is long enough for such things. It might be enough for some smaller features and of course bug fixing / polishing.

Last edited:
30% disappointed because this was the game I was really looking forward to this year. But still 70% because I trust CDPROJEKT and I'm sure they will deliver.

am ok am just 10% sad . 90% (am even feel 100% ) was very great & am very glad about the delay ,
because that means the TW3 will be even more greater game in our history !
well i got a whole year a heading me . that also mean that will have a enough time for a upgrade & enjoy a many game in this year :victory:

I thought it would be fun to break down people's state of mind to the approximate rough percentage.

well about a % here in you poll i think you should add another option like this one
( " 100 % sad/disappointed/crushed 0 % relieved/glad/content " & " 0 % sad/disappointed/crushed 100 % relieved/glad/content " )
i believe there are still many people here , that have a positive & negative way of thinking ,i went to recommended you for adding this option .thank :D

am ok am just 10% sad . 90% (am even feel 100% ) was very great & am very glad about the delay ,
well i got a whole year a heading me . that also mean that will have a enough time for a upgrade & enjoy a many game in this year :victory:

well about a % here in you poll i think you should add another option like this one
( " 100 % sad/disappointed/crushed 0 % relieved/glad/content " & " 0 % sad/disappointed/crushed 100 % relieved/glad/content " )
i believe there are still many people here , that have a positive & negative way of thinking ,i went to recommended you for adding this option .thank :D

Thank you, you just made me more hyped for Witcher 3 :p

IsengrimR

I'd say it's balanced at 50/50.
While the delay did put some doubt into my overall question "will they really manage that?" ( blessed is the mind too small to doubt... and I have a lot of doubts :p ), however on the other hand more time means, hopefully, better quality.

I do not see the delay as such of a big deal, especially because I have a degree of faith in CDPR ( because they never did anything to shatter it ), if they say they are going to make it better - they most likely will.

So yeah, I am a bit more worried, and a bit more calm... and as it doesn't make sense, let's just say it balances out.

But, so far, overall I like what I've heard about W3 development. Especially the quest-density/hub areas mentioned in some interview - reminds me of first two Gothic games, and if any game ever did open world with intense storytelling and meaningful exploration - these games did ( sure, not on a very big scale, and the technology back then leaved much to be desired, but still, I love G1 and G2 ).
Also, I am a bit worried about the alchemy system and optimisation of the game - hopefully they will make it run on the worst potatos but that's wishful thinking... :p

I initially wanted more than 10 options but for some reason couldn't go above 10. Now I can't add more poll options either for some reason because the edit options aren't letting me. Plus I think if I were to do that it would skew the results by minute percentage.

Well, right now I am playing Dark Souls 2, which all of you PC master race guys will be playing very soon as well. I guarantee it will take your mind off all things Witcher. Given that DS2 seems to be even larger, more intense and complex than the first one, it will occupy us for months to come. So, honestly, CDPR chose a good time for an announcement. It sure hurts, but not as much as it would during some completely dry RPG season. A bit later we'll get DAI, most probably get disappointed (which is hard not to be after getting used to playing majestic TW2), and when TW3 will come out at last, it will be like a divine gift to humanity. :) I sure hope so.

70% disappointment. It's great that CDPR will polish the game even more to give us the perfect we are all waiting for, but the thought of waiting even longer for it is just overwhelming. All I have left now is Watch Dogs and it's kind of sad.

70% disappointment. It's great that CDPR will polish the game even more to give us the perfect we are all waiting for, but the thought of waiting even longer for it is just overwhelming. All I have left now is Watch Dogs and it's kind of sad.

Yeah, I feel you. If it is only Watch Dogs, and no other game, it is not just sad. It is a real tragedy. :sad:

Top Bottom