CRC data error w/ digital download?

+
CRC data error w/ digital download?

My apologies if this has been addressed--I've searched and not seen my particular issue.

I purchased The Witcher 2 as a digital download from Amazon last week. I cannot install the game, as I get a CRC data error every time.

I've read about the error here and other places, but all the solutions involve disc drives, cleaning the disc, etc. Since this is a digital download, I am not using a disc drive at all and the solutions do not apply.

Can anyone make a suggestion on what I can do to install the game?

Fishbelly said:
My apologies if this has been addressed--I've searched and not seen my particular issue.

I purchased The Witcher 2 as a digital download from Amazon last week. I cannot install the game, as I get a CRC data error every time.

I've read about the error here and other places, but all the solutions involve disc drives, cleaning the disc, etc. Since this is a digital download, I am not using a disc drive at all and the solutions do not apply.

Can anyone make a suggestion on what I can do to install the game?

Did you use a download manager to make sure you get the full download . Most digital subscribers have their own and the games will not install properly unless you use them . Also if you use any download speed enhancers you may want to disable it . Last but not least if you use any zipping program like winrar or winzip temporarily disassociate all file types before trying to install game .

Thanks Tommy, I finally managed to successfully install the game. Not sure which of the many suggestions I stumbled across did the trick, but it finally installed. I suspect it was disabling UAC, my anti-virus, or giving the game a new directory. Not sure I'd tried those before.

Tommy said:
Did you use a download manager to make sure you get the full download . Most digital subscribers have their own and the games will not install properly unless you use them . Also if you use any download speed enhancers you may want to disable it . Last but not least if you use any zipping program like winrar or winzip temporarily disassociate all file types before trying to install game .

Top Bottom