Voice Poll Again Because I Am Stupid.

+

Voice Poll Again Because I Am Stupid.

• Total voters
A silent PC is the way to go IMO, like this you can really make the character you want.
Let's say, you want to play a crappy fixer, with almost no constitution, filled with drugs, doing all his dirty jobs by backstabbing his friends.
I doubt a "badass" voice would really fit, the same for a woman, if you want to make a whore or an "badass heroin" the voice shouldn't be the same, in worked well in Fallout, you just had to choose what your character had to say and that's it.
Still, it depend on how CDPR want to play this out.

Please no on the hiring exclusively from local talent nonsense... Having everyone in the game speaking with a Polish accent would be kind of wierd for a game set in California...

Please no on the hiring exclusively from local talent nonsense... Having everyone in the game speaking with a Polish accent would be kind of wierd for a game set in California...

a) it's not nonsense just because you disagree with it. Hating again!

b)local talent could well mean local to Los Angeles. Doesn't have to be recorded in Poland.

Lead writer Sebastian Stepien agrees with you. He specifically said they wouldn't do this, that they needed to hire regional actors for the VO's to be convincing. However, since NC will be a melting pot, I want to hear accents from all corners of the globe and I hope some of the people we interact with are immigrants. It would make the game more interesting than everyone speaking Murican.

You'll have to use CC for translation, but it's pretty clear.

Last edited:

I didn't mean local to Poland, doubt if thewarsend did either.

ah, my bad, I just assumed they handled it at an inhouse studio.... sorry

Wouldn't make sense - there are studios everywhere, it's a lot cheaper for the Voice Director (or whatever it's called) to travel to the places where they recruit VA's, than to bring them all to Poland. And they have plenty of experience from that game they already made.

The English-language acting in TW1 wasn't that wonderful, but they had it sorted out by TW2. As many of the major characters, including Geralt, are voiced by the same actors, it illustrates how important the director is.

Let's not forget that CDPR have already said they intend to have multiple languages in the game that will need to be translated with an implant. They said that they were probably going to voice the translations with the same voice actors but with them saying the same lines in English.

That is one of the most awesome ideas I've seen them announce yet.

b)local talent could well mean local to Los Angeles. Doesn't have to be recorded in Poland.

Exactly.

Let's not forget that CDPR have already said they intend to have multiple languages in the game that will need to be translated with an implant. They said that they were probably going to voice the translations with the same voice actors but with them saying the same lines in English.

Yeah, this will add TONS to the level of immersion.

Last edited:

What they actually said was that they were considering it.

the idea is great i hopw we will see something like this in the final game, but its unclear at them moment

the idea is great i hopw we will see something like this in the final game, but its unclear at them moment

Fair point.

It would mean though that the general voicing would require many people who are fluent in both English and their own 'native' language because CDPR specified that cultural slang and mannerisms would play a key part in it too.

While on that subject, how do people feel about the potential for bilingual protaganists? Euro-Solo speaking in a German accent anyone?

While on that subject, how do people feel about the potential for bilingual protaganists? Euro-Solo speaking in a German accent anyone?

no, no accents.... they tie down the character, it's pretty hard for me to play a drug dealer from Colombia if I sound like Colonol Klink everytime I say something...

No. There's absolutely no reason for it. The devs need to cater for players not being English-speakers, not for the protagonist being a foreigner.

Last edited:
In Dragon Age Inquisition BioWare came up with an interesting idea. They now have two voice actors for each gender with higher, and lower voice pitch. Still don't know what to think of it. I mean, there is some diversity, but still my dwarf gonna sound like qunari and human gonna sound like elf. Maybe it is a lesser evil.

Top Bottom