Missing Witcher2.exe

+
Missing Witcher2.exe

After patching to 2.0, Witcher.exe is mysteriously missing. but since I'm on a tight bandwith budget, I'd rather not reinstall/redownload everything. Is there a place I could find a new witcher2.exe?

Step by Step?

Okay.

- Installed The Witcher 2 from DVD.
- Updated to 2.0.
- Verified it worked, and it did, just completely sloppy.
- Updated graphic drivers to latest beta.
- Missing witcher2.exe.

That'd be all.

Swapping exe`s might not be such a good idea as there may be compatibility problems with different localisations of the game .

@ Ghil
Have you checked your virus chest for a possible move by your antivirus .

Did you also disable your antivirus before game and patch installations .

It's not in the quarantine, and I didn't even have an antivirus when I installed the Witcher 2.

I found out Witcher saved the patches in my documents. there's three:

Patcher_0_1_3
Patcher
Patcher_2_0_EFIGS

Can I use them in a reinstallation, and if so, in what order? (I'd imagine Patcher, Patcher 0.1.3 and 2 but just to be sure...)

Yes they can be used in reinstallation . If they are in the witcher 2 documents>download section then be sure and move them to a safe location before uninstalling as they may get deleted while uninstalling .

What size are each of the patches .

Ghil said:
patcher_0_1_3: 115.425kb
Patcher: 1.235.402kb
patcher_2_0: 762.176kb

Ok here is my take since my patches are different in size

patcher_0_1_3 - this should be run first as i believe it to be the one that updates the game from 0 to 1.3 or 1.35 after this patch installs check your witcher2exe in the bin folder and if the version reads 1.3.7010.49836 that would be the 1.35 patch and you would be ready for the 2.0

As for the patch labeled patcher and is 1,235,402 that should be the unpacked size of the 2.0 patch and should also have a wolf icon .

Top Bottom