Assassin's Creed Unity

+
Haven´t played AC4 yet, though I´m planning to get it eventually.
I´m actually a fan of the series, even though AC3 was quite a disappointment.

I´m going to agree with those excited for the new setting. The French Revolution is indeed a great period for such a game. I really hope they take advantage of all the political intrigues they could include in the game!

I remember those secrets in AC2 were they showed Napoleon with an apple of Eden.

I've thought about this and Napoleon. It's possible it could be a two parter: The Republic and The Empire. I feel like he'll be on the side of the assassins and The coalition(s) under templar influence.

They are making an advertising offensive about ACIV, bundles, packs... aha! That's meaning a month after the release of ACUnity ACIV's price will fall down! Good news for my pocket!

Oh great. So we'll be having TWO ass-ass-ins creed games every year now. I don't care that they're on different gens. This is just pathetic.

The fact that they're making a game every year isn't the problem, in my opinion (there are very good tv shows that follow the same cycle, and some video games are becoming mediocre tv shows, so it's not very surprising).
I'm more concerned with the lack of creativity in the serie. They're simply trying to polish some of their features, upgrade the graphics, without inventing something bold (even if the naval battles are amazing, and I'm not interested in the multiplayer). Meanwhile, the IA is still terrible, the parkour system is still imprecise and each game is still repetitive. They've made ~10 games based on the same mechanics and haven't found how to correct some of the biggest flaws of their serie since 2007.

But let's look at another serie to be fair: Souls games. I love Souls games, but since 2009 they made 3 games and the worst flaws aren't corrected. For me, it's as despicable as what's happening in AC, but since the game has an aura of awesomeness for gamers, nobody cares if the IA is still terrible and if they cannot manage properly one of their best feature (online components), among other little issues.

Well t.v. and video game development is a little different. Depending on the show they have a lot more of a budget to work with for time produced. But You're definitely right on their creativity. They have a whole new historical setting(minus Ezio saga, sort of) every year which can be fun and I could give a damn less about the shitty over arching story. One such way they brought in some creativity with Two was the focus on gear as opposed to one. The parkour is fine even if repetitive, it's the combat that needs an overhaul, badly.

After playing five games where I attempt to do fights early on with sword or dagger I give up and just counter with the hidden blade because the combat is just so not fun. I played Brotherhood and Revelations back to back and I was ready to be done. I "like" playing the series for the take on history but I still haven't played four yet which I'll probably play whenever I get a Ps4. But playing four, "comet", and Unity in the same year will be a hard thing to do.

. . But playing four, "comet", and Unity in the same year will be a hard thing to do.

This is directly proportional to how dull and inactive is your life at that time .... you never know! Sometimes AC is usually more fun than an afternoon of Candy Crush ... >:D

Well I've never played Candy Crush so I don't know how that goes. Usually if I'm playing on my 360 I've got a game of Crusader Kings 2 or Europa 4 going as well. I'm not saying it won't be fun, it'll just feel repetitive. Maybe not Unity, which I have too many high hopes for due to the time and setting.

So... those who don't make a game of a saga or serie every year because fans reclaim it ARE very stupid?

It would be stupid of them to stop at this point yes. But that's merely because their well being depends on them to pump out at this rate. Usually at the detriment of quality.

Well, I doubt that it depends on rate of releases that much. I sure love AC4 for naval combat and gameplay, but if there is practically nothing new in terms of gameplay in 2014, I'll be definitely less excited. Sure, French Revolution sounds good, but given that Ubi whitewash every historical period they touch, and create more of a politically-correct fairy tale that real history, I am not interested in their plots, and in their protagonists anymore. It seems they sort of lost their mojo with this eternal assassins/templars struggle, and honestly I do not expect anything even remotely exciting in terms of a story. Also I have a sneaking suspicion they won't make it better with longer developments, because somehow this franchise is about to outstay its welcome. Probably harvesting as much green as possible and as fast as possible before it completely fizzles out, is a wise way to deal with AC.

Last edited:
I'm excited for it. I'm hoping it will go back to the actual story instead of wasting our time with ACIV.
The French Revolution has a lot of potential as a backdrop for Assassins vs Templars. In fact, with the title of the game in mind, I would really like Assassin moderates and Templars to team up against radical Assassins (I think Robespierre would be better and more interesting as an Assassin antagonist. It would be too predictable if he was a Templar antagonist).

And it seems to have Connor, who was awesome. I hope it will be like AC: Revelation or AC3 with one main protagonist, and a "secondary" main protagonist throughout the game or at the beginning.

As long as they go back to writing a story as good if not better than AC3, I will be a happy camper.

Last edited:
I'm excited for it. I'm hoping it will go back to the actual story instead of wasting our time with ACIV.
The French Revolution has a lot of potential as a backdrop for Assassins vs Templars. In fact, with the title of the game in mind, I would really like Assassin moderates and Templars to team up against radical Assassins (I think Robespierre would be better and more interesting as an Assassin).

He could even be more credible than "The King Washington" having the Fruit in his hands and give a new interpretation about Robespierre's alleged change of mindset and Le Terreur.
The Committee of Public Salvation was a collegial body of ten or twelve members, according to the times, led by Maximilien Robespierre, who would read:
Terror is nothing but prompt, severe, inflexible justice.

He could even be more credible than "The King Washington" having the Fruit in his hands and give a new interpretation about Robespierre's alleged change of mindset and Le Terreur.

King Washington DLC is crap, I didn't even bother with it.

Although I would dislike it if they made Robespierre go mad because of the apple. Robespierre is too much of a naive idealist who got too much power and started to think he can change human nature. I think it would be fascinating for him to be an Assassin antagonist, still loyal to the Assassin cause, but who went too far, It would make the whole Assassin vs Templar conflict even more nuanced than it already is. We know for instance the the Assassins were behind Mao Zedong and he was not the nicest of leaders.

That being said, Robespierre did institute the "Cult of the Supreme Being", which they can draw a parallel to the Templar "Father of Understanding."

I would not be majorly disappointed if they made Robespierre a Templar, but I think it would be a lot more interesting if he was an Assassin fanatic.

Yeah, the plot possibilities within the setting are truly great. They could have you help sparking the Revolution, and then opposing Robespierre and the Jacobins during the Reign of Terror, with them being extremist assassins as @knightofphoenix suggested.

I can picture even the continuing story...
The Directory could be an attempt by moderate assassins and templars working together to restore peace and order in France, until due to the frictions existing between both factions the assassins end up taking control by placing Napoleon in charge. Then the Napoleonic Wars start, and the assassins begin having more influence in Europe, until the continuing colisions of templar-influenced monarchies in Europe finally bring Napoleon down and restore templar control in the country.

Maybe I´m being a bit deluded, but something like that sounds awesome to me!

Top Bottom