About the Sex again .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want to play mature, dark, bloody, rapy, sexy, racist (oh yeah, the lore is full of it) game, but without mature themes, blood, rape, nudity, sex and racism. Totally makes sence. The question would be - what is wrong with you, but instead I would ask the very reasons you have for this request. Is it a cultural thing? Or is it because of your age, that mom will ground you cause she saw a blood/boob on your monitor?

I generally dislike the approach where you cut something out just because it's small and doesn't affect the core and would result in a wider audience. And that's because it's precisely those small details that make something stand out. And I think I said something along these lines in the previous thread (why the OP decided to make a duplicate is beyond me).

Exactly, it is an integral part of the game, a part of everyday life in The Witcher world.

Saying "All those things are a part of everyday life and they are deeply rooted in the lore of The Witcher universe (not only our games but the books as well)." and then having an option to cut it out would just seem wrong imo.

Last edited:
I generally dislike the approach where you cut something out just because it's small and doesn't affect the core and would result in a wider audience. And that's because it's precisely those small details that make something stand out. And I think I said something along these lines in the previous thread (why the OP decided to make a duplicate is beyond me).

/thread

Hello Keyser.

I disagree with the premise of your message, as I understand it. I'll bold it here:
I didn't ask for removing the hole thing I just asked for a choice to satisfied almost everyone . if you want to see it or not it's up to you same things can go with the blood .
the world is not just you or me there are many people with a different religions and cultures and as a developer you should try to make every one happy and enjoy the game in their own ways it is matters of choice after all .
The more people you try to satisfy, the more lukewarm your product will become. And usually, elements are downgraded / censored to cash in more money, and not for better quality. I don't think it's always a bad thing, mind you - simple games/movies can offer a lot of entertainment. It's just that The Witcher wasn't ever a vanilla franchise. Take away the - often harsh and cruel - details, and it loses a lot of its atmosphere.

I honestly feel that the industry will be much better, if we have more developers out there that treat their own product and vision with respect and love, and don't cut off elements they consider a core part of the world, just for the sake of increased sales. The more devs we have that are brave enough to tackle more difficult matters, the more video "games" can grow.

Theoretical talk aside - like people have said, there's an option either to avoid the sex scenes altogether, or to skip them (it, really). So what's the suggestion here?

Last edited:
The everlasting question of how to please everybody. In this case, it's not possible. Thankfully, devs have already decided.
...If you played our previous games, you know that very often we touch upon delicate, serious and controversial topics such as violence, sex, discrimination, etc. All those things are a part of everyday life and they are deeply rooted in the lore of The Witcher universe (not only our games but the books as well). There are certain countries who don't allow some of the things mentioned above to be portrayed in the games so we prepare appropriate censored versions for such territories. It would be best to check for the version of the game that interests you and purchase that one. Alternatively, you can skip those cut-scenes or pick dialogue options which don't result in nudity.

Its also true that your choices shape your gaming experience in The Witcher.Its one of the foundations of the series after all.

Eventhough its not meant as a censoring mechanism,I am pretty sure that if you want to avoid sex or even violent solutions the game will always allow that.

The Witcher allows you to express and experiment with morality.

Aye, it's all been said before, and I'm usually a supporter of devs that implement player choice( :victory: ) in their games. If there is an option to turn stuff on and off, respecting(possible) player preference, then thanks and gratitude to the devs are in order! :yes I'm grateful to devs(especially CDPR ::)), for them taking feedback into consideration and spending additional time on the game(enhanced edition anyone?), listening to feedback from us, fans and supporters.

Then there is the issue of...catering. :X It can, well piss me off tbh. Are all games really for everyone? Are all books? Movies? I say my choice is based on my own preference, what I like or don't like, and not what my government tells me to think or like. This is my right. I have the freedom to play, read and watch any kind of game, book, and movie I want, as long as I don't break the law by playing/reading/watching them, and some nudity and the possibility of sex aren't something unlawful in my country. There are 18+ years/adult content warnings on the box. You can't miss those warnings.

Though if I find the game too hard for me to play, the book too advanced for me to understand, the movie too complex for me to follow, I don't blame the creators of them unless this blame is somehow valid and reasonable(say the game, book, or movie being damaged when I bought them). I accept that I need a different approach to it, or simply to give up and realise it isn't for me.

I will buy Witcher 3, but not because I want to see sex or nudity, but I would be upset if I found out the country I live in would try to censor the game CDPR would want me to experience, just because my government 'know what's good for me'. I know some countries even had Witcher 1 censored, which I find ridiculous.

I live in a country that censored a lot(if not all) a while back when I was young, violence, sex what have you. Today there's no censorship at all, and zealous(rabid) mobs against moral 'indecency' have calmed down and cooled off. So as long as it doesn't break any laws(copyright, confidential, or laws that protect people from using people or treating them badly) we're good. The debate of video violence is still there though, but to media, the subject of videogames is still a swing and miss, most times they have no idea of what they're talking about.

So what about catering. I, a supporter of player choice:)victory:), still get somewhat cranky whenever I hear of people complaining about a game 'being too hard' or that it doesn't hold your hand to the very end of it. If a game is too hard then keep to the simple railshooters where you can't get lost, and don't blame devs for making the game they always intended to make. If you can't play games, then perhaps you shouldn't. I can't play most console games properly, simply because the controllers weren't created or developed with little me in mind. Tough. But what do I care, I base my choice of playing with keyboard and mouse solely on preference, else I have the choice of learning to play with controller properly or leave it well enough alone.

I can do this choice because I have a choice. If I want to play Red Dead Redemption, I have the choice to play on console or not at all. I choose not at all, but not without some well-chosen and harsh(but true) words about Rockstar mind you, but still. I have to accept Rockstar's choice of not releasing it to PC.

Unfortunately people who demand games being dumbed down or catering to their wishes seem to be in majority, ergo sales vs. game design and artistical approach come into the equation. Whom shall the devs cater: themselves and their intended audience who'll appreciate most of the devs choices, or the majority who want to dictate much if not all, resulting in an abomination of a game, being pretty effin far from the devs original plan and direction of the game?

I'm sorry OP, I digress, this wasn't your issue at all. I've got a friend whom on my recommendation bought Witcher 2, and he thanked me kindly for the nudity warning I happened to omit. I failed to mention the nudity as I seriosly hadn't thought of it. To me nudity in games, movies or life is nothing wrong or an issue at all. Little did I know that he would start up and play the game with his girlfriend sitting next to him, and apparently she didn't appreciate the surprise of seeing a naked Triss Merigold. ;)
Then again, he wasn't serious with his remark, and thought her(and his) shock to be funny as hell. Funny enough to mention anyway. They're now happily married I might add. :laughing:

Since more and more people start to play games, and videogames start to be seen as accepted or a major part of ones lifestyle, I think many would benefit of toning down the 'cater to us' demand, and perhaps see that the issue lie elsewhere. If playing games with adult content is a 'no' where you live, then I'm sorry for your loss. Though I question the issue of blood, gore and violence being okay, while nudity isn't, but then again...it's been said before. If you suspect you cannot play this game in a room full of people that wouldn't appreciate the content, then don't play it, or wait until time opportune(when you're alone). Or...possibly try to convince these people that this game, isn't really something bad at all. It's life. I realise that this might be an uphill battle in your culture, but I wish you good luck in it! Or else, pray that CDPR or modders adress the issue and don't forget to thank them properly if they do.

Last edited:

addar

Forum veteran
everytime i see topic like this im confused:

kill hundreds of people-feel happy
see naked woman -feel guilty

fuck it -sex give a new life , murder take away one, so why ?? tell me why u are ok in killing and not ok with sexy time??

Last edited:
the world is not just you or me there are many people with a different religions and cultures and as a developer you should try to make every one happy and enjoy the game in their own ways it is matters of choice after all .

Censorship in a video game for the sake of different cultures and/or religions can go fuck itself as far as I am concerned.

Oh look at me I'm a Christian/Muslim I can't look at a woman's tits in a video but I am perfectly fine to slaughter thousands of people using my sword.

So fuck no.

Sex and violence, torture, pillage, rape etc. are very much part of the lore in the books and in the games as well. If you're not comfortable with said themes OP, this game is probably not for you.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate when gamers talk to us directly. If you played our previous games, you know that very often we touch upon delicate, serious and controversial topics such as violence, sex, discrimination, etc. All those things are a part of everyday life and they are deeply rooted in the lore of The Witcher universe (not only our games but the books as well). There are certain countries who don't allow some of the things mentioned above to be portrayed in the games so we prepare appropriate censored versions for such territories. It would be best to check for the version of the game that interests you and purchase that one. Alternatively, you can skip those cut-scenes or pick dialogue options which don't result in nudity.
So will the US version be censored? If so, I want the uncensored version. Will poland have the only true uncut/uncensored next gen console version? I will gladly buy it out of country just so long as it has english voice over option.

Whether or not we agree with the OP they have a right to request a feature that they feel strongly about . The same as we all do . As far as i`m concerned the idea has been brought up and answered by Marcin Momot earlier so that should be satisfactory for the original poster . No need to be constantly hitting him over the head on why they`re right or not right . As far as sex is concerned then just say no . Witcher 2 did this extremely well in that no sex scene was forced as it was all player initiated .

The whole butchery is excellent, but nipples are bad thing is seriously wrong... A culture (whether secular or religious) that thinks like this has problems...
It is just another form of man-made mental illness that made up a god who says sex is bad Mmkay.
If you all keep humping like that god might give you the Alien Inflicted Death Sentence and then you can't help build my evil empire Mmkay.

Although I agree with @Costin the spice merchant, There is no harm in making versions that would be easier to be accepted by worldwide censorship

My unique and repeated once more opinion.

If you DO NOT want find anthing of these content, easy: don't play it!

well i don think is so guilty to see a nudity . or such content .

(& believe me .am very love to see that content :lol: ).

well many people may see a nudity or a sexy time was so disgust thing & etc etc .
but for my point of view . nudity is like the art so i don think is so wrong about it
& am very happen to see all of that content in the right time & in a appropriate age

( :blushing:because well... my first play TW1 am just 10 year old & TW2 am 14 year old .
that is why i say they noting wrong in this game man )

& of course all of i say here is depend on people mind in a different religions cultures & etc etc .
And if anyone playing this game and feel guilty about this stuff .that is your own problem.
and my best solution is... you have to wait a mods after the game release or maybe skip those cut-scenes ;)

( so please DON CUT ANY CONTENT IN TW3 even the smaller detail can ruin the game forever )

.P.S i think this kind of thread should make the poll for a justice of what the people was thinking in this matter

Last edited:
Please remove the adult content from the adult game.... sounds like aprils fools message to me.... those themes are meant to be in there since its that kind of game... in terms of cultural differences which has issues with nudity there probably will be versions for that.... if thats not the real reason ... youre probably under age... or it must be the culture where women must hide their faces or smth like that... in that case just play the game alone.... problem solved

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom